IGNORED

Sod - Wolves Is Just Another Game, Only 3 Points Available

The Red Planet

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130314-sodwolvespreview-714767.aspx

This man is a breath of fresh air. None of the usual hype about a "six-pointer".

I think this is aimed as much at the players as the fans. Part of his clever approach to player mentality and attitudes ahead of games.

There is no doubt that if anyone can avoid relegation for BCFC, this man can.

Still a big game though Sean - as you well know !

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130314-sodwolvespreview-714767.aspx

This man is a breath of fresh air. None of the usual hype about a "six-pointer".

I think this is aimed as much at the players as the fans. Part of his clever approach to player mentality and attitudes ahead of games.

There is no doubt that if anyone can avoid relegation for BCFC, this man can.

Still a big game though Sean - as you well know !

Compare SOD with this!

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Dean-Saunders-insists-Bristol-City-clash-win-game/story-18413465-detail/story.html#axzz2NW7X277e

SOD is spot on, we could lose at Wolves then win our next three and be in a healthy position. Wolves is three points, points we are capable of getting but whatever the result there are still further matches to play and nothing will be decided Saturday.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.. those comments from Dean just about sum up why Morgan made a humungous error appointing the bloke in the first place. The only element of truth in Saunders' remarks are that it probably is a MUST WIN game, only not for Wolves.

SOD is spot on, we could lose at Wolves then win our next three and be in a healthy position. Wolves is three points, points we are capable of getting but whatever the result there are still further matches to play and nothing will be decided Saturday.

This.

After Saturday there is still a long way to go. Yes losing would not be ideal but I am still confident of going places like Derby, Burnley and Charlton and picking up points. We all know we can do the business at home at present and we need to keep that up.

Good old SoD. Very clever man.

or lose at Wolves,then its Derby away who have lost only three games at Pride Park this season which,for sure,will be a tough test indeed....play it down all you will-many arnet fooled as to how big this game is for us..its of course a fact we wont go down this week but thats just an attempt to take the heat out of it..

They referred to us as the 'basement side'

Sorry Post you have got the wrong team, You were referring to the **** team in Bristol (soon south glos), Wolves are playing Bristol CITY, I can't believe you could mix the two up!

Two managers with exact opposite approaches to getting a winning performance from their teams. The first, the more usual football manager approach, is to build up the importance of the game as much as possible. The idea being the players will raise their game in proportion to the importance of the result. The second, down play the result as much as possible, the theory being that your players play without fear of failure, are less likley to freeze and are more likley to play their 'natural' game.

From what has been reported from SOD the three main pillars of his approach appear to be, orginisation, giving the players confidence, and removing the fear of failure, which makes you wonder if the previous management were jumping all over any mistake the players made, which made them fearful and nervous, and even more likley to make a mistake. Would explain the total loss, and then re-gaining of form of a certain center back ?

or lose at Wolves,then its Derby away who have lost only three games at Pride Park this season which,for sure,will be a tough test indeed....play it down all you will-many arnet fooled as to how big this game is for us..its of course a fact we wont go down this week but thats just an attempt to take the heat out of it..

We have 9 games left - and, ideally, we need 9 performances - realistically, we will probably fall short / run into a form team on a few occasions. If saturday turns out to be one of those where we are outplayed or just outscored, that leaves 8 games. Simples.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.. those comments from Dean just about sum up why Morgan made a humungous error appointing the bloke in the first place. The only element of truth in Saunders' remarks are that it probably is a MUST WIN game, only not for Wolves.

Exactly. What happens if you lose a must-win game? Nowhere to go after that. Just made a rod for his own back. This won't just affect his playesr but also their crowd. If it stays 0-0 for first 20 mins they'll be on the players backs.

I would be in despair if he were our manager.

It's like listening to the ramblings of some bloke in the pub, who only has a vague grasp of the game. you know the type.

No, not really. Thank The Lord that there's no one like that on OTIB.

It's like Sod has said before over a" must win game", why should the players try harder on one game surely on each game should be played with the same philosophy.

So when you have a big incentive to work harder you turn round and say "but I always work this hard, it has no effect on me". Yeah ok, little bit naive?

So when you have a big incentive to work harder you turn round and say "but I always work this hard, it has no effect on me". Yeah ok, little bit naive?

So you would incentivise the players by saying "beat Wolves and you will get a big bonus"? You would expect this to get the desired result.

Instead, why wouldn't you incentivise them by saying "play as you have been, follow the system, do what we discussed in traning and you will get a big bonus"?

It is not a question of working harder, it all about working smarter.

So you would incentivise the players by saying "beat Wolves and you will get a big bonus"? You would expect this to get the desired result.

Instead, why wouldn't you incentivise them by saying "play as you have been, follow the system, do what we discussed in traning and you will get a big bonus"?

It is not a question of working harder, it all about working smarter.

It's about getting every little ounce you can out of your team. You'll never get 100% out of your players. This is a bigger game than others - playing on that has potential to get that extra bit out of them.

It's about getting every little ounce you can out of your team. You'll never get 100% out of your players. This is a bigger game than others - playing on that has potential to get that extra bit out of them.

I've yet to see a game under Sean O'Driscoll where the players have given anything less than 100% - this despite the fact that he has not described any of our games as 'must win'.

Or you could say that Derby have won the same amount of games at home as us, haven't won a game in their last 8 and that they've drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 3 at home, scoring one goal in the process.

Every game is difficult, but I don't see any game as being more difficult than any other at this stage. We have as much chance of winning at Wolves as we do at Derby. For me, a couple of draws or one win would be fine as long as we win a couple of home games to go with it.

Living in Derby I've seen them a few times in the last few weeks. They are really kak & seem to be getting worse every week. They look like us under DMc.

If there's a good time to be playing them it's soon.

Our leader's approach is spot-on.

3 points is 3 points no matter where it comes from. If this is worth 6 points then so was the game at the Gate when, if I remember rightly we were defeated rather ignominiously. They still only got 3 points though. We will only get 3 if we beat them tomorrow. If we don't win then getting 3 the following week is just as good.

Archived