IGNORED

So How Was Your Sunday?

Glastonbury Red

Had a quiet one myself. Got to the ground with an hour to go. Had a wander round and went to the match. Left pretty soon after and was home by 6.30.

My old man traveled on the Cats coach back to AG. Only the driver tried to be smart getting out of Cardiff and the next 3 hours was spent in wall to wall Brighton fans giving stick.

Got into AG at 8, went to the Wethers in Beddie. Went back to a friends house, home by 3am, posted on here and read for a bit on here, watched the last 10 mins to make sure we weren't conned of a Pen. Then went to bed. It was a great atmosphere there, wont forget the noise, nor the feeling or the noise when they scored. I just hope Wembley will be half as atmospheric as that place.

i havent posted mutch since sunday,partly because i cant bear to have anything to do with city right now,and partly because ive been in a fair bit of pain.

sundays game was crap,we all know that,but after that final whistle went on sunday,evrething went pear shaped for me.

i dont think ive ever so ###### off in my life after that whistle went,i was fuming,9 monthes worth of effort ###### down the drain in 90 minuites.

there was only one thing for it,get back to bristol,and drown my sorrows in town.

so,off i went,and drank till the pain was almost gone.

the night then ended and it was time for me and my mate to make our way home,so at 2am,we headed for the centre to find a taxi.

this was when the day really went tits up. we managed to run into 4 spanish blokes,also after a taxi,who decided that calling our country the scum of the earth was good idea.

after telling them to ##### off back to there spanish hovel,one of them spat in my face. now,i can take people mouthing off,but spitting in my face was a step too far,and let the ###### know it with a punch he will not forget in a hurry.

the problem was it was now three on two.me and my mate gave a good account of ourselves,we were holding our own,untill the one id floored minuites earlier had decided to come back at me with this huge traffic bollard.

i coped it straight in the face,i was down,and its fair to say got abit of a kicking.

i eventually managed to get home,only to wake monday morning barely able to see out of my right eye,barely able to move my hand,barely able to open my mouth,with a big gash in my knee, a broken watch,a broken phone,and a huge pian in my head wen i realised city loosing had not been just a bad dream.

this weekend has turned out to be the worst ive ever known in my 19years,one i will NEVER forget,and one i will NEVER want to repeat EVER again.

so thanks very mutch city,its fair to say the pain I'm now in is ALL your fault. :(:grr::blush:

(put this on the subbers forum the yesterday,thorght id share my pain with the rest of you)

Don't blame the driver, blame the police. For some reason they diverted us all onto the M4 westbound, forcing both City and Brighton fans onto a two-lane carriageway.

Still, it gaves us plenty of time to cheer up the Seagulls by waving at them (honestly)

The day out wasn't too bad. Managed a ticket behind the goal which meant plenty of singing - which was just as well considering the football we were subjected to.

Subjected myself to a pint before the match in the ground though - wish I hadn't. It was the most gassy pint I've ever had the displeasure of drinking. My flatmate has a theory that it is to discourage you from drinking too much... views anyone?

Had a blinder of a day(up until that moment).

Got to C'diff at 9.30 drank some cans of thorne,chat with GWR Blackthunder girl(very nice).

Inhaled all the helium from the balloons that she gave us,ran onto a bus and shouted "come on you reds(sounds sad now but it was funny,honest).

Had some brekie,it was mank and cost a fiver.Went to Bush Pig,very sad as they had no thorne so drank some crap beer - carlsburg i think.Went to a different pub,still no blackthorne so drank stella.

Got fed up with stela so went to spar(took 20mins to get in,they even had a bouncer).They dont sell thorne, just that crap strongbow so got a shed load of it.

Played football outside o'neils with crowd.Chanted etc.

Had my pic taken with a bunch of policemen - Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.,that was a laugh.

Went to subway for a sarnie - it was mank(never go there).

Got to ground and was able to sneak my pint to my seat.

What followed was bad and resulted in me sitting on the concorse level head in hands.

Stoped in merchants arms on way home for thorne and jack daniels - went home(caned as you like). Mrs had a right go....but whats new.

THE END!!

Moral of the story is: Take your on cider next time.

Guest torquay red

Woke up at 3am Sun morning so excited,like a bloody kid,you wouldnt think i was 39!My mate come come round at 5.30 and we headed up the m5,stopped for coffee on the way,got to Newport about 7.30 and into Cardiff about 8.45.Nice fryup and a pint of shandy,walked around town for a few hours.Had a drink in the crispy duck,nice barmaid,watched the game and sulked all the way back to Torbay,good boys day out away from wife and kids,quality time to ones self.You young single lads out there will understand when youre married with kids. :blush:

Guest Bawno

I was like the rest of you, really excited!

But the match turned out to be rubbish and I stopped with my family and friends in a few pubs on the way home and got back at 8:30PM.

I had a great day out in Cardiff chatting with buxom barmaids and drinking with the yellow submariners - a great crew of lads.

The Brighton fans seemed a tad overly friendly though so I kept my hand on my bum hole :blush:

However, the day was spoiled by the miserable BCFC performance that saw Danny Wilson's side get just one shot in at the Brighton goal. :grr: :@

Wilson Out !!!!

Guest bristolbred

Castle Donington to Cardiff Car Park, 3 hrs!!, :grr:

After the Penalty went in, Cardiff to Castle Donington 1hr 50 mins!!, :P

Thank god for Skoda!!, as the Police wouldn't believe how fast you can go!!, :blush:

Less said about the match and ###### Wilson the better!!, :Rage: :Fume:

Punished myself by sitting there and watching the Bright & Hove Albion fans, there was no point in rushing home living in Dorset.

Jeeeeesus two hours to Bristol and three hours to get into and out of Cardiff!

The day was a family day for me meeting up with my brother who travelled from Guildford and then ended up nine cars behind us as we pulled into the car park at Cardiff!

Spoilt by a Bristol City side that never looked like they would score a goal

We sang, we cheered, we knew we would not get a goal back after that penalty but we are Bristol City...... Bristol City FC, lunch packs for the kids we took along and all. Full-timers note, we are more Bristol City than you tozzers!

With the sort of posts you have been sticking up on here..... how could you ever understand?

We love our Club and welcome the 35,000 that turned out for what was a poor performance from both sides.

As I said all along to my kids, father , brother & Brighton fans at work...... one team would go up regardless......... there would only be one winner it was the division 2 pray-offs, that is the nature of the game.

i.e. at the end of the game one team would win

Back on the bus to the car park, full of disapointment but a real sense of family being together behind Bristol City FC win or lose.

Could you put a price on that?

Come On You reds!

Up the City!

Every dog has it's day...... and when we have our day........... by God we Bristol City supporters will have our day.

I don't care for Manc.U, Chelskie, Arsehole.............. We are Bristol City, Bristol City FC etc

If you don't like it, I really don't care my heart is behind the club we love

BRISTOL CITY!

Guest Harry May

Left Caldicot at 10:00 in the Limo. Played The Clash on the way to Cardiff , going the quiet way through Newport. Got into Cardiff by about 11:00. Met a few of the Chepstow boys in the Walkabout. Then sat outside the Marriot on the grass , with the kids playing football with some Brighton kids.Adults supping cans of 'thorne , City kids beating Brighton kids 11-2 . The sun was out and everything was nice 'n' relaxed. It felt very european - you could almost imagine yourself in southern france rather than south wales. Went to the Millstad about 14:00 and plonked ourselves in our seats. Watched totally agog at that kid's ball skills.He had evo-stick on his forehead.

Watched the match. Kids cried. I was choked myself.

Got the Limo home at 18:00. Played "Guns of Brixton ". Went for a few pints and a subdued curry. Not really in the right mood but the table was booked , and we felt it only right to honour our reservation. Tasty Jalfrezia though. Got home about 22:30. Still very sombre.

Suppose it will only make it even sweeter when we eventually win promotion.

Caldicot Red.

A surreal day...

Spent the whole day from 8.15am at Parkway onwards meeting old friends, having a laugh and getting very drunk. Drinking in the Queens Vaults in Cardiff from 11am, what a fantastic atmosphere out on the street! Then to the ground and an hour-long singsong with dozens of complete strangers in the concourse while drinking yet more cider.

Less said about the match the better.

After the game, feeling more gutted than at any time in my life, we headed back to the St Davids Hotel, where Brighton team had been staying. There we met up with celebrity Brighton fans Norman 'Fatboy Slim' Cook and Mark 'Suit you sir' Williams of the Fast Show and their chums and spent the whole night getting drunk with them.

They really understood the depression we were going through and, though it didn't heal our pain, it helped to round off the most bitter-sweet day of my life on a memorable high, somehow.

Which was nice.

Journey in well planned. Got a train from Nailsea with mates. We were supposed to switch at Temple Meads, but it was so full they filled it a bit more and sent it straight through to Cardiff.

Drinking cans outside O'neills until it opened, then inside for a few. Down to the ground by 2.15. Even now, still amazed at how good a venue the millenium stadium is.

Good banter and singing as we were right next to the Brighton fans.

Knew it was a penalty straight away. At the end, was distraught and my 7 year old son just shrugged it off.

Back to where I was staying in Bristol by train. Did 3 pubs in and around Bedminster. In by 12.30pm, more than a bit drunk and philisophical.

As someone said in the Evil Post "a good day out ruined by the football". :blush:

A surreal day...

There we met up with celebrity Brighton fans Norman 'Fatboy Slim' Cook and Mark 'Suit you sir' Williams of the Fast Show and their chums and spent the whole night getting drunk with them.

They really understood the depression we were going through and, though it didn't heal our pain, it helped to round off the most bitter-sweet day of my life on a memorable high, somehow.

Which was nice.

If you meet Fatboy again ...... ask him about Barry Page.

Barry Page.......... the man that taught Fatboy how to DJ back in the 80's or at least a big influence etc.

Yes I work with him (Barry Page) and he's a top guy but Brighton & Hove Albion through 'n' through.

Fatboy.... you know him he has your mobile telephone number! (Fact)

:blush:

Had a blinder of a day(up until that moment).

Got to C'diff at 9.30 drank some cans of thorne,chat with GWR Blackthunder girl(very nice).

Inhaled all the helium from the balloons that she gave us,ran onto a bus and shouted "come on you reds(sounds sad now but it was funny,honest).

Had some brekie,it was mank and cost a fiver.Went to Bush Pig,very sad as they had no thorne so drank some crap beer - carlsburg i think.Went to a different pub,still no blackthorne so drank stella.

Got fed up with stela so went to spar(took 20mins to get in,they even had a bouncer).They dont sell thorne, just that crap strongbow so got a shed load of it.

Played football outside o'neils with crowd.Chanted etc.

Had my pic taken with a bunch of policemen - Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.,that was a laugh.

Went to subway for a sarnie - it was mank(never go there).

Got to ground and was able to sneak my pint to my seat.

What followed was bad and resulted in me sitting on the concorse level head in hands.

Stoped in merchants arms on way home for thorne and jack daniels - went home(caned as you like). Mrs had a right go....but whats new.

THE END!!

Moral of the story is: Take your on cider next time.

Sounds just like my day.

We were there at 9am. Bought my son and nephew some of those air horn things and went round the centre waking them all up. One guy shouted "shut the **** up! from a flat above one of the shops!" Class! Never forget it!

Remarkable thing tough...

I stayed til the final whistle, was on the first bus back to the park and ride, first car out of the car park (wasnt driving after the pints of Brains!) and back in Bristol as people were coming out of the pubs after watching the game...

Wonder why?

Left Clevedon at 9, got into Cardiff for about 9:45, feeling like poo as was out on the lash friday and saturday

WAlked around for abit, got a bacon baguette, went back to Car for a couple bottles of stella, walked back to ground at about 10:45, found an open pub, managed to have a pint, until police came in and stopped Bar from serving, and filmed everyone who was in the pub, went outside o'neils, had abit of a sing, then went into a smaller bar down the road, walked round to a smaller O'neils, had a couple of pints, got into ground for about 2, stayed in there drinking till 2:45, went outside, started singing, rest of the day was history

The day it'self was great...it would have been the ultimate if the result was right. Up until the match I had a brilliant time, the trip over on our coach was a good laugh, arriving in Cardiff about 12.00 and seeing all the pubs bursting with red & White ( couldn't get near them to have a drink mind, :blush: ).

Wandering round cardiff taking in the atmosphere, both lots of fans mingling together, I said at the time that this wouldn't have happened if it had been Swindon. Sat ouside the castle, saw the City team coach go in, and 10 mins later saw the Brighton, lots of people there to boo!

Went into the ground about 2.00. By 5.00 my dreams were shattered. managed to leave straight after the final whistle, I was going down the stairs when I heard the celebratory fireworks. had a last glimpse back at the stadium and vowed never to come here again.

Long walk back to the coach, suddenly everyone seemed to be wearing blue and white (not my fav colour combo), stuck in some traffic, driver took a shortcut ( non motorway). I think he just wanted to get us home ASAP, we were all so quiet/miserable. The concensus was that we got what we deserved though.

It was a bit of a weird feeling, thats it, the end. I was hoping there was some mistake, maybe they had fielded an illegal player or something (clutching at straws here). The rest of the week has been facing people, avoiding Gasheads and feeling ****!

Archived