IGNORED

'its All About The Boss' ?

richieb

I was reading an interesting article, about the importance of the Manager in todays game.

And I have heard, so many fans say it's the players that should look at themselves. Their the ones who perform (or not) on the field of play.

Yep, why is it that some players cut it under a new manager, when they were pants under a previous regime.

The article I read was centred around Ian Dowie, who has taken Crystal Palace from bottom of div 1 to the Premiership in 5 short months.

If it was all 'about the players' why were CP at the foot of Div 1 ?

My point, is that Managers are far more important than any player & its is here where the buck stops.

So we go into next season, with the same squad (odd addition) & same manager. What incentive is there for us the supporters to believe the season will be better than the one just gone?

DW sends his players onto the firld of play, with strict instructions to play the game a certain way.

That pattern of play has failed us again & I for one believe now that it is time for a different manager to take a good set of players that extra yard.

It can be done.

Putting my choice forward, I would go for Martin Scott.

Putting my choice forward, I would go for Martin Scott.

Good choice! I've never even considered him before. He has been an assistant for a while, maybe ready and willing to take the reins. Knows our club and this division. Was a good player, still young. Perfect!

In a fantasy world, where I could pick anyone, it has to be David Moyes.

Guest Tactical Genius

I think if Wilson goes i would like to see a manager with experience. My choice would be Trevor Francis.

Trevor Francis, manager of Birmingham 96-01, fails in play-offs 3 times in a row, promoted the following season under Steve Bruce.

Then becomes manager of Crystal Palace 01-03, promoted the following season under Dowie.

Still want him ?

Steve McMahon, martin scott, leroy rosenior,

peter taylor and Trevor Francis would be on

the short list, a few have said we won't be able

to afford a few of the names below as they are

ex prem managers, but so was wilson at one time.

managers without a managers job

Steve McMahon

Glenn Roeder

Trevor Francis

John Gregory

Glenn Hoddle

Colin Lee

David Platt

Bruce Rioch

Graham Taylor (mabe not)

Terry Venables

steve cotterell

managers / players in employment

shaun taylor

brian tinnion

martin scott

leroy rosenior

peter taylor

keith curle

many more listed here

http://www.footballtransfers.co.uk/managers/available.asp

OMG another 'i'd have Mickey Mouse' as manager thread when the original poster actually makes some valid points about the debate between players and management!

Come on people get over it DW IS STAYING. Previous year best offence, last year best defence.... next year putting the two things together or start all over again?

its good to be back

:blush:

OMG another 'i'd have Mickey Mouse' as manager thread when the original poster actually makes some valid points about the debate between players and management!

Come on people get over it DW IS STAYING. Previous year best offence, last year best defence.... next year putting the two things together or start all over again?

its good to be back

:blush:

sorry mate i'd take 'mickey mouse' any day :grr:

A new manager would be a bonus, but look at what Wilson has done for us, taking us to a strong position in Division 2, even 1st at one point. Let's be grateful we have got a manager.
DW will get my support next season, as he has this season.

I left my real thoughts til the final game & I still can't help feeling that it is going to be a real tough task for DW to regain belief in both players & fans. :laugh:

He aint got mine, but I am aware we cant afford to get rid of him, as he wont bloody resign!! So another season of mediocrity beckons then..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Martin Scott (Hadnt thought of him), or Leroy get my vote (Both winners to, none of this blowing it b******!).....Moysey would be a great idea, but no chance of it happening

Archived