IGNORED

Sweet Lemons Matchday Verdict

Keith_Lemon

Just got back from Wolves and will first provide you with match ratings.

Heaton 6 Did not do much at all in goal, only had to make one real save.

Cunningham 7 Did his job ok, again got the ball out to midfield and made some good runs down the left wing.

Nyatanga 7 Defended well, not good enough for this level. Constantly booting the ball towards Wolves defenders.

Fontaine 7 Same as Nyatanga, has no skill constantly pumping ball back to Wolves, but tight at the back.

Moloney 7 Did well at right back, like Cunningham got forward well and did well against Sako during his time on the pitch.

Anderson 7 We missed him when he went off, honestly believe we could of had another goal if he played the full 90.

Skuse 9 Made some great challenges and got stuck in. Fair play to him as I'm a big critic of his, he needs to keep this form constant.

Elliot 10 (MOM) Brilliant throughout the game, gave his heart and soul to defend and stick his head and legs in. Form of the first season of Elliot, please keep it up.

Kelly 6 Non existent to me, never really payed any attention to him as I hardly seen him with the ball.

Pearson 5 How he starts I do not know. Absolute shit and seems to have a fear of being struck by a ball or putting a tackle in

Davies 5 Terrible game for him, wasted 3 quality chances that he should of put in. How he did not score in the first half 1 on 1 puzzles me. Should of came off a lot earlier

Adomah 6 Did nothing when he came on. Lazy, does not track back and does not produce enough constant form to start games. I believe he will move on in the summer cannot see him in O'Driscoll's plans as he likes all players to put a shift in.

Cannot rate Baldock or Kilkenny as there was not enough time to give a verdict on them.

4-5-1 was a sensible formation to go with. It was obvious to set-up against Wolves to counter attack them. First half Wolves were very very poor and all over the place. We had a go at them and some 'decent' long balls reached into the path of Davies. Though I did not agree with the style of play going on the first half showed it was suppressing Wolves as it looked as if a hangover kicked in. We hardly looked good in the first half and it was a display of two teams who have a lack of skill and technique, we just seemed more comfortable and demanding in the first half while Wolves were trying to find their feet.

Second half Wolves came out guns blazing, had us on the attack and we were sitting deep. We defended well, but as I have stated our long balls constantly being cut down by Wolves back four. After 10 minutes Wolves lost that attacking edge and it took a while for them to find that hunger again to get forward constant. Poor marking on Ebanks-Blake lead to his goal, which to his credit was great chest work and a fantastic volley. Our heads fell then and Wolves took advantage of that minutes later with a unmarked Doyle putting a simple ball into the back of the net.

Skip ahead towards 90 minutes and we never recovered. Sorry to say based on today we do not have enough skill and technique in this team to merit a healthy position in this league and unfortunately I see us heading into League 1. Others may disagree but we need to start picking up 3 points away from home and I cannot see this anytime soon.

We were constantly whacking balls forward to Davies. Unfortunately Davies is not a big unit to take the ball down and move the ball towards Adomah's feet. He was constantly being out jumped and I was amazed this was not picked up upon early in the match. Even when Baldock came on, again high balls came in to a man who is only around 5ft 8. We really lack players of a decent footballing brain and we are crying out for those type of players who can be one step ahead of the opponent.

All in all both teams were poor and would not be surprised if both sides met relegation come the end of the season. We really need to brace ourselves for the worse scenario going. Hopefully O'Driscoll is still here within a couple of years.

We sat too deep in second half, conceding far too many corners, and Davies provided no outlet whatsoever. Wolves clearly lacked confidence, but it was clear that at some point, they would get a decent chance, just a question of whether they would take it, and they did. That lifted team and crowd, and a second looked likely and arrived all too quickly. With striking options limited to Davies and Baldock, I can see us making a loan bid, as we need to just go for it at Derby.

Find the marks for Skuse and Elliott a bit high, both gave the ball away far too often (As did rest of team)..

I thought both Elliot and Skuse were excellent. Davies isn't a poor player he just wasn't utilised correctly- he isn't a target man. Albert was poor and almost seems scared to take on his man.

Other than his wonder strike, Alb hasn't done much for months. Well before the ACON he looked jaded.

Last season, I thought his last months' poor form was down to injury, but this season I'm beginning to think he's a player who only performs in the first half of the football year.

From a Wolves forum: ''Got to give the manager credit. Won us the game in the second half with those tactics. Cheers Sean!''

I thought for the last 20 minutes Wolves resembled something of the side they are on paper but thought we gave them the permission to do so.

Should've seen them off by half time as they looked like they'd just rolled in at 6AM from a messy one. Instead, we bring them breakfast in bed.

On the whole, piss ******* poor on the whole from both sides.

Just got back from Wolves and will first provide you with match ratings.

Heaton 6 Did not do much at all in goal, only had to make one real save.

Cunningham 7 Did his job ok, again got the ball out to midfield and made some good runs down the left wing.

Nyatanga 7 Defended well, not good enough for this level. Constantly booting the ball towards Wolves defenders.

Fontaine 7 Same as Nyatanga, has no skill constantly pumping ball back to Wolves, but tight at the back.

Moloney 7 Did well at right back, like Cunningham got forward well and did well against Sako during his time on the pitch.

Anderson 7 We missed him when he went off, honestly believe we could of had another goal if he played the full 90.

Skuse 9 Made some great challenges and got stuck in. Fair play to him as I'm a big critic of his, he needs to keep this form constant.

Elliot 10 (MOM) Brilliant throughout the game, gave his heart and soul to defend and stick his head and legs in. Form of the first season of Elliot, please keep it up.

Kelly 6 Non existent to me, never really payed any attention to him as I hardly seen him with the ball.

Pearson 5 How he starts I do not know. Absolute shit and seems to have a fear of being struck by a ball or putting a tackle in

Davies 5 Terrible game for him, wasted 3 quality chances that he should of put in. How he did not score in the first half 1 on 1 puzzles me. Should of came off a lot earlier

Adomah 6 Did nothing when he came on. Lazy, does not track back and does not produce enough constant form to start games. I believe he will move on in the summer cannot see him in O'Driscoll's plans as he likes all players to put a shift in.

Cannot rate Baldock or Kilkenny as there was not enough time to give a verdict on them.

4-5-1 was a sensible formation to go with. It was obvious to set-up against Wolves to counter attack them. First half Wolves were very very poor and all over the place. We had a go at them and some 'decent' long balls reached into the path of Davies. Though I did not agree with the style of play going on the first half showed it was suppressing Wolves as it looked as if a hangover kicked in. We hardly looked good in the first half and it was a display of two teams who have a lack of skill and technique, we just seemed more comfortable and demanding in the first half while Wolves were trying to find their feet.

Second half Wolves came out guns blazing, had us on the attack and we were sitting deep. We defended well, but as I have stated our long balls constantly being cut down by Wolves back four. After 10 minutes Wolves lost that attacking edge and it took a while for them to find that hunger again to get forward constant. Poor marking on Ebanks-Blake lead to his goal, which to his credit was great chest work and a fantastic volley. Our heads fell then and Wolves took advantage of that minutes later with a unmarked Doyle putting a simple ball into the back of the net.

Skip ahead towards 90 minutes and we never recovered. Sorry to say based on today we do not have enough skill and technique in this team to merit a healthy position in this league and unfortunately I see us heading into League 1. Others may disagree but we need to start picking up 3 points away from home and I cannot see this anytime soon.

We were constantly whacking balls forward to Davies. Unfortunately Davies is not a big unit to take the ball down and move the ball towards Adomah's feet. He was constantly being out jumped and I was amazed this was not picked up upon early in the match. Even when Baldock came on, again high balls came in to a man who is only around 5ft 8. We really lack players of a decent footballing brain and we are crying out for those type of players who can be one step ahead of the opponent.

All in all both teams were poor and would not be surprised if both sides met relegation come the end of the season. We really need to brace ourselves for the worse scenario going. Hopefully O'Driscoll is still here within a couple of years.

Thats all well and good, but where is the creativity from midfield ...............

Interesting listening to the local radio phone in after the game. Wolves fans, and the presenter, were slating Wolves and saying thy still think they are going down. You'd have thought they'd just lost the game! One fan saying it was the worst game he'd seen for years, and that neither side showed any footballing ability - couldn't control the ball, pass etc. the consensus seemed to be that, despite our recent better form, we look like a bottom side, and that if we'd taken the game to Wolves second half we'd have won.

The presenter was interesting: no holds barred - he was really laying into Wolves, and slating them for their inadequacies. And when they got onto the Villa game he was describing Steven Ireland as a complete waste of space, sitting in the reserves doing nothing for his money, a disgrace etc. can't imagine 20 stone being quite so forthright!!

Archived