IGNORED

Trying To Be Positive, Another Way Of Looking At It...

Red Cloud

I like your positive spin on things. The pressure of being bottom of the table seems to create a psychological mindset where escape seems impossible, and the four point gap looks as daunting as the Grand Canyon. Truth is, if results finally swing our way for a few weeks, it's just a win and draw to match the teams above, not too challenging really!

Did anyone see David Flitcroft's comments after Barnsley's game today?

I can't find a copy of it online anywhere but he basically said something like "if we'd have lost today we'd not have panicked. As a club we're not panicking, as a management team we're not panicking and as a set of players we're not panicking. You're not down after 39 games, you're down if you're in the bottom 3 at the end of the season".

Wise words that we can learn from, I reckon. Things look bleak but we've just got it do what we can over the next seven games...

I can't find a copy of it online anywhere but he basically said something like "if we'd have lost today we'd not have panicked. As a club we're not panicking, as a management team we're not panicking and as a set of players we're not panicking. You're not down after 39 games, you're down if you're in the bottom 3 at the end of the season".

Wise words that we can learn from, I reckon. Things look bleak but we've just got it do what we can over the next seven games...

Well he's wrong, two teams were relegated before the 46 game mark last season.

Imagine being 4 points outside the play-offs with 8 games to go, sounds well do-able!

I love your twist on things. Woke up this morning feeling flat and for the first time in a while having a sense of doom. Certainly gave me more hope. I know that we keep saying it for every game but the Derby match is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lose that and we will probably be up to our heads in it. At the moment I think things are waist height and there's still a branch to grab hold of to save us! Losing Stead could and should see movement in the loan market as we desperately need someone up front who will run his legs off for the team. Unfortunately Stead has done that and now his season maybe over.

Wasn't going to the Derby game but I might now so I can shout for the lads. This two week international break is a pain as we have to feel this way for so long but it may be a blessing so that we can sort out injuries and weigh up the options before the final push. A draw might not be enough if results don't go our way elsewhere so i think it's time for a more positive approach when the time is right in the match whether to get a lead to hold on to or turn something around. We can't keep worrying about our defence all the time. Another 4-3 win like this crazy game from 20 years ago would suit me to the ground although it wouldn't help the heart!! A wins a win!!

I love your twist on things. Woke up this morning feeling flat and for the first time in a while having a sense of doom. Certainly gave me more hope. I know that we keep saying it for every game but the Derby match is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lose that and we will probably be up to our heads in it. At the moment I think things are waist height and there's still a branch to grab hold of to save us! Losing Stead could and should see movement in the loan market as we desperately need someone up front who will run his legs off for the team. Unfortunately Stead has done that and now his season maybe over.

Wasn't going to the Derby game but I might now so I can shout for the lads. This two week international break is a pain as we have to feel this way for so long but it may be a blessing so that we can sort out injuries and weigh up the options before the final push. A draw might not be enough if results don't go our way elsewhere so i think it's time for a more positive approach when the time is right in the match whether to get a lead to hold on to or turn something around. We can't keep worrying about our defence all the time. Another 4-3 win like this crazy game from 20 years ago would suit me to the ground although it wouldn't help the heart!! A wins a win!!

I was at that game and it's the one we always remember, fantastic match.

Some fans on here need to learn you mean? for sure. SOD preaches words to this effect week in and week out. The one stand out is Dean Saunders and even though they beat us I think they are going down. I also think Blackpool will not be far away; Ince, another strange appointment. Blackburn are knackered after their FA Cup run and there has been way too much upheaval their this season plus the players have to stuff their faces with Indian Chicken nuggets before each match so for my money they are also relegation fodder in the making.

Yeah, it's all good saying that when your out the relegation zone

Some fans on here need to learn you mean? for sure. SOD preaches words to this effect week in and week out. The one stand out is Dean Saunders and even though they beat us I think they are going down. I also think Blackpool will not be far away; Ince, another strange appointment. Blackburn are knackered after their FA Cup run and there has been way too much upheaval their this season plus the players have to stuff their faces with Indian Chicken nuggets before each match so for my money they are also relegation fodder in the making.

A good friend of mine is a devout Wolves fan and he's given up on them. I quote -

"As for Wolves, they are a disaster and I am boycotting them at the moment (due to the utter incompetence of the owner and chairman)"

Currently 1 nil down at home to Burnley. If they lose today we will be six points behind them , albeit they have a game in hand. One of the teams we can overhaul ??

Currently 1 nil down at home to Burnley. If they lose today we will be six points behind them , albeit they have a game in hand. One of the teams we can overhaul ??

Some are slating our board on other threads.

If there is one BOARD that deserves to go down, then it is those idiots at Blackburn.

Archived