IGNORED

Whatever Happended To Phil Tottle?

Super

Really ?!

He was as bad as Malone.

Unable to pronounce "off", it came out as "awf".

"Ian Alexander sent awf for Rovers again......"

Really ?!

He was as bad as Malone.

Unable to pronounce "off", it came out as "awf".

"Ian Alexander sent awf for Rovers again......"

He also had trouble with the word "cross" which came out as , you guessed it "crawce". When the Gas signed a forward called Cross (forgotten his first name) you would get stuff like " the crawce came over and Crawce got acrawce of their No 5" - no names on shirts in those days so the local commentators had no idea about the opposition player's names!

Westonred, I went on that trip as well & am now married to the coach driver & have been for 20 years.

I remember we all had nicknames & Phil Tottle's was Ronnie Corbett, someone else was Pavorotti, there was the Thompson Twins & Sam Torrance to name but a few. You have brought back some happy memories.

Yes thats right 'Ronnie Tottle' as he was known on that trip. Paverotti was my brother Pete i was Andy May after our midfield player and everyone was calling me Andy all through the trip I often see some of the guys nowadays at Ashton and they still call me Andy now :laugh: There was also Pickaxe Harris and Tears for Fears Brilliant days

Also the Rovers guy Colin Howlett (i think his name was) was also very good. Certainly a lot better than what Radio bristol have these days.

Only just found out that Colin Howlett died within the last few days.

RIP Colin.

Archived