IGNORED

Francisco Sandaza 'in It For The Money'

hippy273

He got duped by a prankster and admitted that he's at Rangers for the money. So what? lots of players are in it for the money.

The difference is there are many that we suspect are at certain clubs for money, he has just confirmed it and to be honest I out of interest I have watched quite a few Rangers games live and he is awful, not worth a ****.

The difference is there are many that we suspect are at certain clubs for money, he has just confirmed it and to be honest I out of interest I have watched quite a few Rangers games live and he is awful, not worth a ****.

Why Is John stead here and not Blackpool?

Because he wanted to play for a bigger club, live in a bigger and better City, play in a better stadium, play on a better pitch.....and hope any children of his may develop a Bristolian accent.

You had me convinced up to the last ten words ;)

Tell us something we don't know. The first reason for why I'm in my job is for the money.

But how many players admit it to a bogus agent :D how many players have had the balls to say 'you know what, I love the money in this job. I don't care what people say'

But how many players admit it to a bogus agent :D how many players have had the balls to say 'you know what, I love the money in this job. I don't care what people say'

I don't think it needs explaining to people though. It's pretty obvious that the money is the main reason why they stay in the game. What else could these people do for the same salary? Not a lot else.

Most of us can understand why a player choses a club because the money is better, especially when a player perhaps realises his limitations so cashes in to the max for his family and future.

However, these days it seems that many good players chase the cash and effectively disappear. this is especially true of good young players who go to a big club for a good contract and just become a squad player.

These days most half decent players will retire with a decent wedge in the bank. However, they are a long time retired and how frustrating it must be for a player to have a bank balance as an indication of what he earned during his career but diddly squat to show what he achieved.

Most of us can understand why a player choses a club because the money is better, especially when a player perhaps realises his limitations so cashes in to the max for his family and future.

However, these days it seems that many good players chase the cash and effectively disappear. this is especially true of good young players who go to a big club for a good contract and just become a squad player.

These days most half decent players will retire with a decent wedge in the bank. However, they are a long time retired and how frustrating it must be for a player to have a bank balance as an indication of what he earned during his career but diddly squat to show what he achieved.

Scott Sinclair is a perfect example.

Had he stayed at Swansea I reckon he could be on the fringes of the England squad , but when was the last time he actually played since chasing the money?

I'll look back on my career and think what I may have done. But I am sure my money I have made will help me gloss over that.

If we didn't have to go to work to pay for things, then maybe things would be different. Footballers are no different to you or me. Their careers are shorter and they earn more, they probably entered football for the game and the glory, but when you know you are not good enough to make the very top, then money becomes the motivator.

The vast majority of us will move on for the money, to make a better life for ourselves, so why any difference for players?

Get the money while you can, at the end of the day they are a lump of meat to be idolised or lambasted. Take the money. Clubs and supporters can change to evil vile things pretty quickly over things which would be classed as normal in a standard work place.

This really is a non event of a story.

If people do not like the money footballers get, that is their problem. If you really want big bucks, and are willing to put in the effort. The money is out their for everyone. Sometimes you have to take a chance. Footballers take chances, the great majority do not make it, and end up in mundane jobs like the rest of us. Those that put in the graft and have the talent, well I don't begrudge them any of it, they took the risk. I know 3 ex city players, never made the first team, all now in low paid jobs. But they took the risk, a flip of the coin, one great performance and their career could have gone the other way. So yes the ones that make it can earn big money, but I would not begrudge them one penny of it.

Stead puts 100% effort in every game, some of the games I have seen Sandanza play in the 'scottish 3rd division' about on a par with the screwfix league, he looked as though he couldn't give a tupenny toss.

Yes, but he is still here because we are offering bigger wages.

He turned down premier league football for us.

Scott Sinclair is a perfect example.

Had he stayed at Swansea I reckon he could be on the fringes of the England squad , but when was the last time he actually played since chasing the money?

I see more of him in the papers with his "Wag" than on the pitch these days.

Archived