IGNORED

Where Would Be If Gary Johnson Was Still Boss

Scrumpy_247

Spot on

Spot on again

The continued 'love in' for GJ is baffling, we were in a mess when he left, poor squad, which hadn't been developed, lack of youth policy and long term vision. As others have said, the first season up was a tidal wave of confidence...which we failed to build on.

Agreed.....we were in a real mess when he left.......we might have even been relegated.....as opposed to now.... every things hunky dory!

I guess our present predicament and our last three successful managers proves beyond doubt...it was right to get rid of him.

I mean the football we have been gifted since, has been nothing short of mesmerising at times! :rofl2br:

Do people not remember how terrible his last couple of months was, 6 nil defeat by Cardiff. Yes he got us up and we had a good season in reaching the play offs but from that moment on we was on the slide. Had he stayed for the rest of the season we would have been relegated without a doubt.

Yes and it's till better then most of the games since,

Yes and it's till better then most of the games since,

Not sure about that. About the same standard I'd say - mediocre. Although at least things are picking up slowly but surely under SOD. Watched the Yeovil game the other night and what a pile of stinking garbage that was!! I'd call it "anti-football" to be honest and it wasn't until Swindon realised that Yeovil had bugger all to hurt them with that they decided to give it a go and won the game. Nothing special from Sir Gary there I'm afraid. I'm not sure Yeovil will even reach the play offs on that showing and recent form.

It had ran it's course and was about 6 months into the red.

So, I think we'd have (that's 'have' not 'of' you illiterate bastards) been relegated, at some point, and that's why we parted.

Rediculously hypothetical issue, though.

"We'd of" - Rediculously illiterate!

Not sure about that. About the same standard I'd say - mediocre. Although at least things are picking up slowly but surely under SOD. Watched the Yeovil game the other night and what a pile of stinking garbage that was!! I'd call it "anti-football" to be honest and it wasn't until Swindon realised that Yeovil had bugger all to hurt them with that they decided to give it a go and won the game. Nothing special from Sir Gary there I'm afraid. I'm not sure Yeovil will even reach the play offs on that showing and recent form.

Don't hear Glovers Fans moaning!

No, nothing special there.....cos they're used to winning under GJ these-day's!

Surely the point is though.......a club like Yeovil shouldn't be anywhere near the play-off's.....but they are!

Bounce round the ground Glovers fans say's GJ :rofl2br:

Surely the point is though.......a club like Yeovil shouldn't be anywhere near the play-off's.....but they are!

Bounce, they struggle to even clap when they score. The least excitable support in the country.

Correct in that Gary Johnson has got Yeovil punching above their weight. Can't argue with that.

In terms of his general ability I see him as a short to medium term fix type of Manager. Gets results in that timeframe, plays effective but certainly not pretty football. His youth policy is primarily to use the youth team players of other clubs and what he has done at Yeovil by scrapping their youth system is terrible in my view.

He did a great job for us until his last season and he had to go. To move us on further he needed to inject fresh blood and a mixture of failing to bring in players of the required quality and placing too much reliance on players who had done it for him in the past proved to be his undoing. In addition the scouting system under him was not fit for purpose for a Championship club with designs on going higher (at the time). We may have just stayed up anyway in the season that he did get the sack but the following season would have been just as much a struggle as it was under Millen in my opinion.

Scrapping at the top of League 1/lower end of Championship is probably about his true level when you look at his whole career. Nothing to be ashamed of in that either!!

Alot better off than we are today, We all gave up on him far to easily after what he did for the club.

Which was what, apart from promotion? Joe Jordan did that as well, no one on here seems to jerk off every time his name is mentioned. Ditto John Ward. Terry Cooper took us from the brink of extinction to a safe league position. I could go on? So many short memories on here.

I don't think we'd be any better off, and as for long term planning - worse off. He's scrapped the youth development set up at Yeovil, according to another poster. Now that's a really insightful plan.

Does he still use his brother as a scout?

Which was what, apart from promotion? Joe Jordan did that as well, no one on here seems to jerk off every time his name is mentioned. Ditto John Ward. Terry Cooper took us from the brink of extinction to a safe league position. I could go on? So many short memories on here.

I don't think we'd be any better off, and as for long term planning - worse off. He's scrapped the youth development set up at Yeovil, according to another poster. Now that's a really insightful plan.

Does he still use his brother as a scout?

Terry Cooper - my favourite City Manager of all time for what he did in the most difficult circumstances that any Bristol City Manager has ever faced. Could you imagine Sam Allardyce dipping into his own sky rocket and paying for the cod and chips for the whole travelling staff on the way home from some far flung Northern outpost?!!

But would I have him back as Manager again? Of course not. Like ALL Managers he ran his course.

All Yeovil have now is an Under 18 team. They are a Level 4 Academy and that is all they are allowed. That may well have been Johnson's plan for us and does not show him to be the type of "football man" you want to entrust with the long term future of your club.

But would I have him back as Manager again? Of course not. Like ALL Managers he ran his course.

Yes. Excellent for a few years then his tactics, management and purchases stopped working.

He would be an great acquisition for any League 1 or 2 club looking for promotion but it was right that he left.

Archived