IGNORED

Where Would Be If Gary Johnson Was Still Boss

Scrumpy_247

I know we are past the Johnson days but if he was still here, where does everyone think we would be? I think we would be a mid table championship side like before he left

By sheer coincidence, I was wondering this myself today at work.

I don't know where we would be now but I do now that I would be very happy if we were in the league position we were in when he left.

Trouble is, he appeared to be losing the dressing room at the time of his departure so there is no guarantee we would've survived that season.

No better than today In fact he is the main reason to where we are. A fluke season and offering golden long term contracts to poor players holding us back. Some of them still here.

I cannot put it any better and spot on

In the end most managers get sacked.

Your players used to be caring althouigh they are are shit.

Now they are just shit.

So you get sacked.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would guess, very similar to where we are now. You need more than athletes to succeed at this level, he really struggled to identify/bring in any quality footballers, he relied on what he knew best honest grafters that would respond to his authority. Unfortunately you can only keep this up for so long before the required reaction is lost, sometimes it breeds resentment.

I wont knock the bloke achievements here because quite frankly, his time here was extremely successful and made the fans feel part of the club.

Do people not remember how terrible his last couple of months was, 6 nil defeat by Cardiff. Yes he got us up and we had a good season in reaching the play offs but from that moment on we was on the slide. Had he stayed for the rest of the season we would have been relegated without a doubt.

should of sacked johnson after the hull play off final

think you might be right there. We was in a position to push on. Lansdown made a considerable investment the following season. We needed someone who would have taken advantage of that. Johnson was simply out of his depth and brought in rubbish like styvar

Do people not remember how terrible his last couple of months was, 6 nil defeat by Cardiff. Yes he got us up and we had a good season in reaching the play offs but from that moment on we was on the slide. Had he stayed for the rest of the season we would have been relegated without a doubt.

Certainly heading the wrong way. I agree with Robbored in that I never really enjoyed any of the football (including going up and play off season). It was effective and going up and getting to the play offs were great, don't get me wrong, but the football was so bland.

it would have been interesting to see if he would have had a complete clear out if he hadn't been sacked, as it seems as though he had lost the dressing room.

Archived