IGNORED

Managers Wages ?

M_Porter

We often hear speculation about players wages, but never the managers.

Had a debate in the pub about it and really didn't get very far.

I would have no idea what sort of money prem gaffers are on Fergie ? Wenger ? then what about the lower leagues what are we paying SOD, what were we paying GJ

I really have no idea

Anyone shed any light on this for me ?

Cheers

Got told the other day that Mickey Bell is on "quite a few hundred pounds a week" at Clevedon and "you would be surprised how much money is still about at that level".

I guess that would work out at somewhere between £25k-£30k a year.

Got told the other day that Mickey Bell is on "quite a few hundred pounds a week" at Clevedon and "you would be surprised how much money is still about at that level".

your right he is but for that hes groundsman tealady kit washer odd jobman etc oh and manager

Even though it isn't the case, i believe the manager should be the highest paid. As it is in any other industry.

I agree and its that fact that got us all in muddle :laugh:

Anyway I suppose in the interest of the debate i better drag myself back to the pub again tonight :whistle: to complete the debate

Thanks to all that have added their input :)

Cheers

Mark

your right he is but for that hes groundsman tealady kit washer odd jobman etc oh and manager

Probably explains why they are rubbish then.... or are they doing a whole lot better this season? I only get to see that league table about twice a year. I never know where to find it easily.

I know Mickey Bell to speak to and without divulging figures I am not aware of anyway I can tell you that he receives a weekly budget at Clevedon Town to pay for himself, coaching assistance and his players. It's his budget to manage. And yes, it's a lot more work for him than just taking training and hopping on the coach to Bromsgrove or wherever on a Saturday!!

It's a tough job down at Clevedon in terms of relative budget to other clubs in that league but he does get them playing decent football.

I know Mickey Bell to speak to and without divulging figures I am not aware of anyway I can tell you that he receives a weekly budget at Clevedon Town to pay for himself, coaching assistance and his players. It's his budget to manage. And yes, it's a lot more work for him than just taking training and hopping on the coach to Bromsgrove or wherever on a Saturday!!

It's a tough job down at Clevedon in terms of relative budget to other clubs in that league but he does get them playing decent football.

Yes alot of clubs at that level put the budget in managers hands. I know of 1 manager who actually pays himself just enough to cover his fuel so his mrs dosent get angry and spends all the rest recruiting players. He could potentially pay himself about £250 a week and that would be the norm but hed rather build a team.

Archived