IGNORED

Thornbury, Bristol

Dursley & Cam have always had a big City contingent, there's G*s too, but not in the same numbers - thankfully

What's wrong with Dursley? Some lovely places in and around, but also got it's rough areas, same as everywhere else

As for Thornbury, the last time I went there I can remember who grotty it had got, used to enjoy going there for a few beers now and then 20 years ago, wouldn't fancy it now

Nothing wrong with Dursley at all in my personal opinion.. I grew up there but many perceive as a rathole because of the 'apparent' drug problem which was pretty rife at one point.. although I havent lived there in 13 years so no idea what its like now.

Nothing wrong with Dursley at all in my personal opinion.. I grew up there but many perceive as a rathole because of the 'apparent' drug problem which was pretty rife at one point.. although I havent lived there in 13 years so no idea what its like now.

Certainly had it's problems, but tel me somewhere thst hasnt. I'm from Cam originally, how old are you?

Lower Kingshill is from Blackboys and St. Georges Road down to well virtually Cam Everlands school... I lived along Oak Drive.

I know it, my Nan lived in Oak Drive when they first built it

Suppose you know the Hall family then?

Never been a huge fan, black horse, anchor & Mezze for me but its the best of an indifferent bunch to be fair.... Not a patch on your current locals like the terrace & the hen!

Black horse was better under steve and lynne. Not as good now imo

I'm not so bothered about landlords when it comes to thornbury pubs, more the clientele. I haven't noticed a huge difference since the change of hands, what have you seen?

Nothing really it is who/what you are used to. The pub and people there are the same. Just thought they made it a slightly friendlier place.

I lived in thornbury, and went to castle.

Never had much love for the place if I'm honest, although I can see how it would be attractive for bringing up kids.

The pub scene was pretty decent for the sixth formers who could pass for 18, too.

I lived in thornbury, and went to castle.

Never had much love for the place if I'm honest, although I can see how it would be attractive for bringing up kids.

The pub scene was pretty decent for the sixth formers who could pass for 18, too.

Shhhhh, It's really like Sandford of Hot Fuzz!

For the Greater Good :reaper:

Any secret society that disposes of street "entertainers" has my support. Trust a Gashead to interfere :(

I was half expecting a page in the Bristol Post to be on the Hidden truth behind Thornbury, Ah well our secret is still safe

If anyone asks Stockhausen slipped onto his pen ;)

(Anybody just browsing through, That was a joke, They use that in Hot Fuzz, And I'm not part of a phsyco group!)

Used to work down the road in Aust and spent many a lunchtime in Thornbury "establishments"! I always quite liked it.

Working for an insurance company perhaps?!!

Pub scene used to be decent, Lion, Swan, Plough, George, Knot & the Barell all used to be rammed on a Saturday night....

Archived