IGNORED

Keith Burt

We've needed a decent lead scout for a while.

One who can find players from lower leagues, like Burt did with McCleary.

I like the fact that he does in depth scouting, hopefully it will stop us signing flops!

How many of our staff/players have been at Forest or Derby now? Quite a few thinking about it.

Forest: Sean O'Driscoll, Keith Burt, Greg Cunningham, Brendan Moloney, Paul Anderson

Derby: Lewin Nyatanga, Stephen Pearson, Stephen Davies

Am I missing anyone?

Chris cohen, now one of the most consistent midfielders in the league. When we appointed GJ he was the player above all the others from yeovil i hoped wed sign. Lo and behold we didnt and hes the only one from that era and team now worth anything. (excl fontaine but i didnt want to give people the opportunity of a cheap shot ala "fontaines not worth anything now either" ect ect yaaawn)

What did he do at Forest that was so amazing? Not saying he was rubbish either, but I cant recall Forest signing many players for low sums and selling them on for profit or anything like that.

It's not all about profit from selling, getting good players cheap so they can earn there worth with the final league standing is what he did a good job at

Guy Moussi

Majewski

McCleary

Blackstock

Cunningham

Anderson

Ayala

All cheap or loans and have done a good job there

Nothing really outstanding there, and just like most clubs, Forest have had a fair few duds (Adebola, Aaron Davies, Robbie Findley (Awful Player), Ismail Miller (lazy and expensive) and Matt Derbyshire.

As I said, not saying he is a bad appointment, and I hope he does well, but I don't see that he has pulled up many trees so far (excuse the pun).

Put it like this, would you rather have:

a) a man with 7 years experience of being head of recruitment at a Championship club, a proven track record of bringing in lower league players to C'ship football and someone with a lot of contacts in the game

b) Gary Johnson's brothers scouting youtube

c) Basically no scouting network and Keith Dawe chipping in when he can

Because that's the reality of the situation my friend. So let's get behind this bloke, because the club is FINALLY moving in the right direction.

Archived