IGNORED

Mathematically Relegated Tonight

BristolBEAT

It's over. Simple as ******* that.

I think so. But we got a lot closer to staying up than I thought possible under dmc.

Ah well, if we get a miracle great. If we don't it is what I was expecting and what I predicted after dmc's purchasing in the summer.

So no shock or particular upset from this city fan. I am keeping my fingers crossed as I will take no joy from going down.

I think so. But we got a lot closer to staying up than I thought possible under dmc.

Ah well, if we get a miracle great. If we don't it is what I was expecting and what I predicted after dmc's purchasing in the summer.

So no shock or particular upset from this city fan. I am keeping my fingers crossed as I will take no joy from going down.

Well said. Can't sleep in light of "almost" relegation tonight

I agree with every word you have said there mate.

To be honest we deserve it. Until SoD came we didn't even put up a fight. Mind you away from home has been pitiful, but all the other teams have clearly shown a lot more bottle for the fight.

There is no way I am accepting the likes of Posh or Barnsley are much better than us. On paper we are probably the better side, but they have gone and won at places we could only dream of.

I agree with every word you have said there mate.

To be honest we deserve it. Until SoD came we didn't even put up a fight. Mind you away from home has been pitiful, but all the other teams have clearly shown a lot more bottle for the fight.

There is no way I am accepting the likes of Posh or Barnsley are much better than us. On paper we are probably the better side, but they have gone and won at places we could only dream of.

I'm not one of the "Gary Johnson is God" crowd, and I accept that we've improved greatly under SOD, particularly in defence. However, since GJ left have we EVER seen real commitment from the players? I mean the kind of gut-wrenching effort that leaves them exhausted but, at least sometimes, gets a result against the odds.

Coppell couldn't be ar$ed to and Millen and McInnes were too nice to demand that sort of performance. I don't believe that O'Driscoll will accept the present level of apathy and that heads will roll in the summer.

I believe that he's done all he can with the current squad and they simply aren't good enough. If they'd the kind of commitment we've seen from, FFS, Barnsley and Peterborough then we might have had a chance I don't think our players are any less skilful than theirs, probably the opposite, but they've had it too easy too long. I almost have some sympathy with them. After all, if I'd had a few years at the South Bristol Footballers' Rest Home and a new manager demanded that I work for a living, I'd be a bit reluctant to change my ways.

So, let's see who moves on this summer and what SOD can do to build for promotion from the Third Division. Don't think it'll be easy - it never is!

I'm not one of the "Gary Johnson is God" crowd, and I accept that we've improved greatly under SOD, particularly in defence. However, since GJ left have we EVER seen real commitment from the players? I mean the kind of gut-wrenching effort that leaves them exhausted but, at least sometimes, gets a result against the odds.

Coppell couldn't be ar$ed to and Millen and McInnes were too nice to demand that sort of performance. I don't believe that O'Driscoll will accept the present level of apathy and that heads will roll in the summer.

I believe that he's done all he can with the current squad and they simply aren't good enough. If they'd the kind of commitment we've seen from, FFS, Barnsley and Peterborough then we might have had a chance I don't think our players are any less skilful than theirs, probably the opposite, but they've had it too easy too long. I almost have some sympathy with them. After all, if I'd had a few years at the South Bristol Footballers' Rest Home and a new manager demanded that I work for a living, I'd be a bit reluctant to change my ways.

So, let's see who moves on this summer and what SOD can do to build for promotion from the Third Division. Don't think it'll be easy - it never is!

Summed it up pretty well fella. We haven't seen that sort of commitment at all, and it was always going to catch up with us one day.

Under SoD, at home, we have looked the most organised I have seen us since being in this division. It's him I feel sorry for, as like you say, he's done everything he possibly could with this lot. Those calling for him to make signing after signing need to sit back and be realistic. We can't keep doing that and the cycle needs to stop. We have had to try and go with what we have, and right now we are not up to it.

I do look forward to the clear out and glad SoD is the man to over see it. Especially with his record of nurturing young talent.

That's the only positive I can take right now.

oh for god's sake, take your sensationalist tabloid headlined thread and do one, you jerk!

Or perhaps you are too stupid too understand the meaning of being mathematically relegated...

Oh well, you've caught a fair catch with that title, including me so good on you.

Ok then so win all home games is a possibility, slim one but could happen. Still wont keep us up points wise.

Will be 7 points adrift tomorrow. And you think we will pick up points away as well as 100% at home. Come back to me when tomorrow when we are so many behind tomorrow

It's hardly "mathematical" when your making assumptions that teams are gonna win. Get a grip

Whilst Mathematically we still have a slim chance of survival, I resigned myself to failure after the dismal defeat to Wolverhampton.

As I said in a previous thread, that was the most deflated I'd felt after City game in a long long while. I think it was the realisation that relegation was a near certainty.

Good Friday was spent decorating and grass cutting. No "what if" scenarios entered my mind.... Nothing

I kept an eye on the game through Twitter & Sky Sports Centre on my PC.

The goals kept coming, and the result was accepted long before the final whistle. A knowing acceptance of our fate.

While there is a chance, there is hope.

But with three away defeats still to come.......................................

I guess the simple fact that we are now a League One Club in waiting has already sunk in.

Presumably we were mathematically relegated before the season started given we could have predicted results then as well as now. We won't get relegated with 60 points - equally we're very unlikely to get 60 points but, 'mathematically', we can.

On Oddschecker we're between 1/4 and 1/6 to get relegated. Given a two horse race (relegated vs. stay up), this makes us (broadly) 5/1 to stay up. I.e. a one in six chance (and five in six we'll go down). Not great odds, but a long way from impossible; hardly a once in a lifetime event for a 5/1 bet to come up trumps?

When SO'D took over it was ten wins to stay up. That stat holds.

Four more wins and a draw might be enough but goal difference is against us.

Five more wins will be enough.

It is unlikely and I don't think it will happen but we were in a worse mess in 1977 and stayed up. There was a lot more fight about that team though.

Worse case scenario we will be 6 points adrift tonight, best case 4. If Barnsley, Cardiff, Midd'boro & Birmingham win their next game and we beat Wednesday we will be just 1 point from safety Monday evening. Not too much to ask for is it ?

With HOW many more games played?

If we somehow manage to maintain our 100% home form that will give us 12 points which is not enough points to reach "that" target.

That's if we win every game at home too!

we are not mathematically relegated but we certainly are 'psychologically'. For example, looking at adomah's body language, he just doesn't want to be here - he's gone from being a humble player to 'I'm considerably more talented than yo'. Good bye and good riddance - just hope we get a decent wedge for him. As said a thousand times before the only plus to relegation is getting rid of These gutless players.

Anyone want to argue this now?

We are not mathematically down we still have 21 points to play for , no argument to be had there.

Do I think we'll stay up? NO , but I don't think you do either so no argument to be had there.

If you're after a row , it will have to be something else !!

we are not mathematically relegated but we certainly are 'psychologically'. For example, looking at adomah's body language, he just doesn't want to be here - he's gone from being a humble player to 'I'm considerably more talented than yo'. Good bye and good riddance - just hope we get a decent wedge for him. As said a thousand times before the only plus to relegation is getting rid of These gutless players.

What absolute nonsense, nothing whatsoever to suggest this.

Archived