IGNORED

Away Support

Enoch

I do wonder what other fans / players must be thinking when we're singing "lets pretend we scored a goal" 3 times then sing "2-0 and you ****wd it up"

I hope our players notice how shocking they really were.

It annoys me when they put in a performance like that, then come over to clap the fans, just piss off and try harder.

Match Report "The 3-0 scoreline hardly flattered a dominant home side" ...........SOD "Theyv'e scored 3 goals when we were on top". Is this attempted spin by SOD.......as I don't think he is fooling anyone? From everyone i have spoken to, we were outplayed. Is he trying to convince himself or us that we played well?

Match Report "The 3-0 scoreline hardly flattered a dominant home side" ...........SOD "Theyv'e scored 3 goals when we were on top". Is this attempted spin by SOD.......as I don't think he is fooling anyone? From everyone i have spoken to, we were outplayed. Is he trying to convince himself or us that we played well?

We were never on top it could have easily been 6-0 or 7-0.

A few comments from Derby fans

Has to be said the Bristol City fans were great last night to say their team are bottom if the league..

Hats of to Bristol City fans tonight. 3-0 down, one shot on target, yet not a moment of quiet in the away end. Proper support.

You cant play football for sh**, but fair play Bristol City, your fans are fu**ing brilliant.

Didn't see that. The worst part was a lack of effort from a few players. Support was decent, some cringe worthy songs but did not stop singing for a minute.

On a side note, Derby's support was awful. Turning up isn't enough, they seem to think it is. My second visit to Pride Park and I just pray we get AG over AV. Modern football stadiums are utterly boring.

Given that we were thoroughly outplayed from start to finish and the result all but removed any lingering doubt regarding our destiny the atmosphere was good and the support excellent up to the final whistle. I was however disappointed that we were unable to show any unity with the team at the final whistle - instead we again resorted to the personal abuse of our own players which has become the norm on this forum. The state of professional football in this country is that outside the top half of the Premier League almost every player gets paid much more than their club can sustainably afford - this is not the fault of the individual players and it is the nature of the profession that one overpaid team will regularly get beaten by other overpaid teams - does any one really think our players would do better if they were paid less OR that we can assemble a stronger squad for a third of the wage bill?

Anyway - relegation will undoubtedly bring the clear-out that so many on here have been demanding. Our better players (and probably most of our mediocre ones too) will all leave to play for other clubs who are prepared to pay them more than we can afford. We will be left with a core of the most overpaid and least marketable from which SO'D will attempt to build a squad capable of challenging in League 1 without the benefit of paying more than our competitors. The only good news is that the competition will be weaker.

Given that we were thoroughly outplayed from start to finish and the result all but removed any lingering doubt regarding our destiny the atmosphere was good and the support excellent up to the final whistle. I was however disappointed that we were unable to show any unity with the team at the final whistle - instead we again resorted to the personal abuse of our own players which has become the norm on this forum. The state of professional football in this country is that outside the top half of the Premier League almost every player gets paid much more than their club can sustainably afford - this is not the fault of the individual players and it is the nature of the profession that one overpaid team will regularly get beaten by other overpaid teams - does any one really think our players would do better if they were paid less OR that we can assemble a stronger squad for a third of the wage bill?

Anyway - relegation will undoubtedly bring the clear-out that so many on here have been demanding. Our better players (and probably most of our mediocre ones too) will all leave to play for other clubs who are prepared to pay them more than we can afford. We will be left with a core of the most overpaid and least marketable from which SO'D will attempt to build a squad capable of challenging in League 1 without the benefit of paying more than our competitors. The only good news is that the competition will be weaker.

Totally agree I thought from the start of the game until about 70 mins the support was quite frankly in the curcumstances different class and a credit to everyone. I notice Jon Lansdown has tweeted this morning thanking everyone who went. However I was personaly disspointed with the sarky stuff late on. I could see that Paul Anderson and Sam Baldock were visably upset at one stage when Baldock had effort on goal and the ironic cheers boomed out. I thought it was harsh on these two especially who had worked very hard off the ball with very little service.

Don't get me wrong there has been little to be proud of in a dissaster of a season and those who would have spent in the region of £100+ yesterday going to the game (espeically the Swedish contingent) will feel a certian justification in the "banter" at the end of the game. Personally I thought there was a big contrast in the pride that the fans showed and the gallows humour that in my opinion that went a little to far.

But in general terms the support last night was, as it has been in the main, was excellant, its a shame that as you say there was a lack of unity at the end. I apprciate the performance wasn't what anyone of us wanted but many of the team did try. Elliott first half was very good, Anderson Baldock and Davies to a certian extent. I thought both fall backs had a night to forget and the midfield Elliott and Anderson aside was shall I say indifferent.

In the main, I thought the support was fantastic. City were outplayed yet if you didn’t know the score you would have thought we were winning.

There was a lot of good humour – e.g. as MacusX said “I do wonder what other fans / players must be thinking when we're singing "lets pretend we scored a goal" 3 times then sing "2-0 and you ****wd it up"

However, there was one thing that wasn’t up to the usual standard of witty banter. Towards half time, a small, vociferous, group just started shouting “Cu*t” at nobody in particular for about 10 minutes and repeated their performance for another 10 minutes in the second half. They thought it hilarious but, let’s be honest, it can’t be described as intelligent banter. Really, it’s just being a bit thick.

In the main, I thought the support was fantastic. City were outplayed yet if you didnt know the score you would have thought we were winning.

There was a lot of good humour e.g. as MacusX said I do wonder what other fans / players must be thinking when we're singing "lets pretend we scored a goal" 3 times then sing "2-0 and you ****wd it up"

However, there was one thing that wasnt up to the usual standard of witty banter. Towards half time, a small, vociferous, group just started shouting *cu*t at nobody in particular for about 10 minutes and repeated their performance for anoher10 minutes in the second half. They thought it hilarious but, lets be honest, it cant be described as intelligent banter. Really, its just being a bit thick.

Group tourettes?

In the main, I thought the support was fantastic. City were outplayed yet if you didnt know the score you would have thought we were winning.

There was a lot of good humour e.g. as MacusX said I do wonder what other fans / players must be thinking when we're singing "lets pretend we scored a goal" 3 times then sing "2-0 and you ****wd it up"

However, there was one thing that wasnt up to the usual standard of witty banter. Towards half time, a small, vociferous, group just started shouting Cu*t at nobody in particular for about 10 minutes and repeated their performance for another 10 minutes in the second half. They thought it hilarious but, lets be honest, it cant be described as intelligent banter. Really, its just being a bit thick.

You were right, It was small, 2 or 3 people were doing it

In the main, I thought the support was fantastic. City were outplayed yet if you didn’t know the score you would have thought we were winning.

There was a lot of good humour – e.g. as MacusX said “I do wonder what other fans / players must be thinking when we're singing "lets pretend we scored a goal" 3 times then sing "2-0 and you ****wd it up"

However, there was one thing that wasn’t up to the usual standard of witty banter. Towards half time, a small, vociferous, group just started shouting “Cu*t” at nobody in particular for about 10 minutes and repeated their performance for another 10 minutes in the second half. They thought it hilarious but, let’s be honest, it can’t be described as intelligent banter. Really, it’s just being a bit thick.

The police picked him out and cautioned him whilst he was getting his half time pint. Needless to say he was a little more sensible during the second half !

Support was great last night, but did think cheering when we had a shot and looking at Anderson stood there for at least 5seconds looking shocked wont of helped his confidence.

What do they expect though? The support was there, you can't blame fans for trying to laugh in the face of adversity. It's either that, or break down and cry.

Support was great last night, but did think cheering when we had a shot and looking at Anderson stood there for at least 5seconds looking shocked wont of helped his confidence.

Anderson was first to come over and clap at full time. Only player who looked to have a brain last night, deffo a keep at all costs

He's a football manager. They constantly delude themselves, I suspect as the only way to stay sane. No doubt the players still think they're the dogs wossnames and worth every penny they get too. Football is a fantasy world.

The overall team performance showed less passion than a bacon bap. If the players expect undying adoration from the BCFC fans, they have a part to play as well ie turn up and show some pride.

THAT'S WHAT THE TRAVELLING SUPPORT DID! But not our team..........

So, in my eyes the gallows humour when we were two down and three down was more than acceptable. If one of our players takes a dent to his confidence by being 'cheered' in a pi55taking way because we had nothing to shout about since the first quarter, then I'd suggest he isn't in the right frame of mind to play at this level on the wage he's on. I DON'T believe that was the case though, I suspect that Anderson may just have woken up to the fact that the travelling support were so snobbed off with the night's performance and he'd maybe never come across such an honest but well controlled outpouring of emotions!

Nice to see the bounce around making a comeback to help with blood circulation in the feet..............also good to see inane 'goal' celebrations causing confusion to the Pride Park faithful, but best of all.........."Peru.....it's just like watching Peru,.......it's just like watching Peru.....etc" a Top Trump of self deprecation!

Well done to all the travelling support..........irony and cynicism of the top order! More please!!!!!!!

Jacko from Rugby and Poland - BCFC & Stomil Olsztyn......Come on You Reddddds.....Come on You Tyre Making Polish Blokes

A few comments from Derby fans

Has to be said the Bristol City fans were great last night to say their team are bottom if the league..

Hats of to Bristol City fans tonight. 3-0 down, one shot on target, yet not a moment of quiet in the away end. Proper support.

You cant play football for sh**, but fair play Bristol City, your fans are fu**ing brilliant.

Over 800 away on a Friday night and comments like these from opposition supporters, yet if you listen to those utter retards in Horfield we don't travel and we don't make any noise. Well done to those who made the trip.

Archived