IGNORED

We Are Not Relegated

Red_30

Am I the only one thinking that we're not actually relegated? Currently the only thing agreeing with me on here is the table. We are supporting a game called football. An unpredictable game.

Yes we have played 39 games. And yes it's been somewhat sh*t season. But we have 7 games left. 7 games to turn it around still. During the 39 games we have won when we're not expected too. So why can't City do it again? Our home form is still there. How has that been wiped from the memory after 2 shocking away performances? I never expected us to win at wolves or derby so why is it such a shock? Yes the results didn't go against us yesterday and now we find ourselves 6 points adrift!! BUT WE HAVE 7 GAMES LEFT TO CHANGE THIS!!

We have 4 games left at home. So lets not let the team, who yes have left us down this year, be let down by the passionate support we can still give them! Starting at home tomorrow to Sheff Wed who we CAN still catch. I'm still positive. I got a feeling its not over yet. The Championship is unpredictable every weekend. So why is everyone predicting that we're down already?

7 games. 4 home. 3 away. We can still do this!!

CMON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one thinking that we're not actually relegated? Currently the only thing agreeing with me on here is the table. We are supporting a game called football. An unpredictable game.

Yes we have played 39 games. And yes it's been somewhat sh*t season. But we have 7 games left. 7 games to turn it around still. During the 39 games we have won when we're not expected too. So why can't City do it again? Our home form is still there. How has that been wiped from the memory after 2 shocking away performances? I never expected us to win at wolves or derby so why is it such a shock? Yes the results didn't go against us yesterday and now we find ourselves 6 points adrift!! BUT WE HAVE 7 GAMES LEFT TO CHANGE THIS!!

We have 4 games left at home. So lets not let the team, who yes have left us down this year, be let down by the passionate support we can still give them! Starting at home tomorrow to Sheff Wed who we CAN still catch. I'm still positive. I got a feeling its not over yet. The Championship is unpredictable every weekend. So why is everyone predicting that we're down already?

CMON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I have some of what ever your on please

I don't believe we will turn it around. We probably are the worst team in the division this season. There's been no sign of our away form picking up, even though home performances have been good (very good, at times).

But the OP is right that it's not over yet. If (it's a big if) we won our next three games we would almost certainly be right back in touch with the teams above us now - and anything could then happen in the last 4 games.

As I say, I don't think we'll do it, but let's see what happens in the next couple of games before we give up completely. And let's make it a cracking atmosphere tomorrow, to see if we can help the players get at least the next win.

Let's face the facts, our players are barely good enough to compete in the Championship. Same as per last season, we're struggling at the bottom of the division and the league table never lies at this stage of the season. Indeed, we're not relegated yet but we've got one foot in Div 1.

Like LagerLoud said. If we win our next game lets see. Which I agree with. If we win tomorrow with cracking atmosphere just imagine what it will do to the players confidence let alone morale. A sell out crowd creating passionate atmosphere and a good solid win. They'll go to the next game admittedly away (burnley) and as we all know may as well forget it. But they'll be brimming with confidence knowing we as fans are still behind them. Which at the moment after being abused after the derby game i'm sure they're not confident about.

So lets take each game as it comes before we start admitting defeat of which we have been doing alot this season.

I agree, it is not over yet. What we do need is a very good finish to the season, probably having to win all four home games and draw an away game. In addition it would be nice of every team in the bottom half didn't seem to pick up at least a point every week. I am sure I read somewhere that we wouldn't even be in the bottom three with this points total last season.

Seen as we need effectively 3 wins and no one else above us to score any points whilst we get those three wins to get out of the relegation zone and then keep scoring points to stay up, I'd say we are pretty much screwed

Excactly how i see it. Plus they are all bang in form and we have to overtake 3 teams rather than 1 or 2. I am usually positive and optomisic but i am resigned to league 1 now.

Anyone who went to Derby can feel no cause for optimism. The biggest worry for me is that we are down to just two fit strikers, and I use the word 'fit' very loosely in the case of Davies. Obviously still hope, but it's going to take a fantastic effort, some luck and 3 other teams to collapse!

CMON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you - if we could win 5 of our last 7 then we'd have 54 points, I'm sure that would be enough. I know that sounds like a tall order, and we have to beat Wednesday tomorrow, but if we do then it's 4 out of 6 which looks a lot better. Also I keep thinking about our last game of the season at Charlton. They'll have nothing to play for, will probably put some youngsters in the team and 'Stead-y' will be back and probably playing his last game for us, if we're still in with a shout then I'd put money on us. You get odd results in end of season games. I think the teams in the relegation fight are the current botton three plus Blackburn, Blackpool and Huddersfield - Peterboro and Wednesday will escape. But we've got to win tomorrow or the game's up, SO'D is a wily old fox and he's worked this out, I'm sure he rested Kelly so he'll be fresh for Monday's game, he's been the powerhouse in the midfield in our best performances ... always believe!

Well the Rocky series would be pretty dire films if he gave up when he looked down and out - keep swinging and trying, it ain't over till it's over...... do I think we will stay up... unfortunately mostly i don;t think so now, but there is still a glimmer, a speck of hope - and I will cling to that and not just sit down and blow my brains because "there's no hope - all's lost blah, blah, blah"

Those that say its not over are deluded. Yes 3 wins will get us out of the bottom 3 and with 7 games left we could get 60 points which could get us a playoff place. Oh no, I forgot, other teams have games left too. Dream on, we are going down.(and deservedly so on this seasons form)

We're currently between 1/8 and 1/12 to go down. Call that 1/10 (and assume the odds are correct) and we're 91% likely to go down. I.e. very, very likely that we will, but a slim chance we won't (plenty of 10/1 horses win (although very few 1/10 lose!)). It's not delusional to say we're not relegated when we're not relegated. Saying we aren't relegated, doesn't mean you expect us to stay up, it's just a statement of fact. 60 points we stay up. Will we get 60 points? Almost certainly not, but we can. I fully expect us to be relegated, but we won't be until we are...

Optimism is one thing - bur denial is another. 12 points from our last 7 games (ie 4 Wins) will almost certainly not be enough - 14 might just be. That's promotion form at the end of saeson when we have averaged not 2 points a game but 1. I'll be there tomorrow hoping I'm wrong but I suspect that Wednesday will take at least a point off us and the margin will then be too big for us to bridge. Game over.

Anyone who went to Derby can feel no cause for optimism.

And that is a cold hard fact the longer the game went on the more the confidence drained away,the piss taking cheers from our own fans when City actually got a shot on target with most of the game over was funny in an ironic way.

The team needs a total rebuild get what we can for Albert,Davies,Baldock,Skuse and Heaton and dump the deadwood out of contract.

These home games are going to be very difficult. We will not win every one of them! Bolton are now a very good side, Brum just hammered Palace 4-0 away and have always done well at our place. Then it's left with Hudds and Wednesday, two tough fixtures and are very physical so I'm not sure these gutless bunch of ours will be up to the task.

Realistically it's going to be incredibly hard to stay up but the OP is right. I want the club to keep fighting until it's over. All SOD and the players can do is try to win games and all we can do is support them. It's very possible that it won't be enough but giving up the ghost isn't going to help us so we just have to keep going for seven games and see where we are...

We haven't got much fight in this team to stay up. If we fail to win tomorrow then it is all over because we'd be at least 5 points behind with 6 left and two rivals above us have games in hand. To be honest I think even if we won 3 more games it wouldn't be enough, 4 wins is the minimum but even that would require 3 other teams to completely lose form and not win any more than 1 or 2 games each. When you look at it like that then it seems impossible to stay up!

If th

It's going to take 3 wins to overhaul Peterborough. We are 6 points behind them and they have a better goal difference. Providing they dont win or draw, we could feasibly do 2 wins and a draw, but would mean they get nothing from their next three and the other teams above us score 0 points as well.

As it stands it's going to take 2 wins and Barnsley to score no points for us to move up a single place, as unless our gd is significantly changed in the wins, we will still be behind Wolves,

How so? we will still be last, even if we win and still require another win to go above Barnsley. Barnsley will still have a game in hand irrespective of what happens vs Leicester tomorrow and even if they lose their game in hand we are still going to require at least another draw or win and then Wolves, Peterbrough Sheffield Weds etc to pick up no points as well and us to go on a run as detailed above, and that's just to 'catch up' in effect. let alone over take.

What, City turn it on, we come home buzzing and we're 3 points adrift with 6 to play isn't gonna restore any faith?

I'm not banking on any positive outcome for us but it isn't over.

Archived