IGNORED

We Are Not Relegated

Red_30

The OP may technically be right but the reality is we are doomed. For me the two Wolves games have been pivotal moments this season...

Del should have been dismissed after the 1-4 hammering at home, fairly confident a new manager at that time could have pulled us out with backing in the Jan transfer window too.

Despite a good improvement under SOD, capitulating against Wolves away after being gifted a 0-1 lead showed not enough of the current crop have the stomach for the fight.

The OP may technically be right but the reality is we are doomed. For me the two Wolves games have been pivotal moments this season...

Del should have been dismissed after the 1-4 hammering at home, fairly confident a new manager at that time could have pulled us out with backing in the Jan transfer window too.

Despite a good improvement under SOD, capitulating against Wolves away after being gifted a 0-1 lead showed not enough of the current crop have the stomach for the fight.

This.

We will have to win our away games at Burnley, Hull and Charlton to stand a chance and I just don't think we have an away victory in us at the moment. Even given Charlton's dreadful home record the last day nerves would do for our team away from home.

It ain't over but I think we'll fall at least a win short of survival. Conversely we might go on a tremendous run in our next five games and win them all, surprising us all and staying up by a whisker. It's a crazy old division and a win tomorrow might see us within three points of safety, which gives our position a different outlook again, so you never know....

We will have to win our away games at Burnley, Hull and Charlton to stand a chance and I just don't think we have an away victory in us at the moment. Even given Charlton's dreadful home record the last day nerves would do for our team away from home.

It ain't over but I think we'll fall at least a win short of survival. Conversely we might go on a tremendous run in our next five games and win them all, surprising us all and staying up by a whisker. It's a crazy old division, so you never know....

If we win our 4 home games then we 'only' need to win that 1 final game away on the 4th May to stay up. As you say, you never know....

Am I the only one thinking that we're not actually relegated? Currently the only thing agreeing with me on here is the table. We are supporting a game called football. An unpredictable game.

Yes we have played 39 games. And yes it's been somewhat sh*t season. But we have 7 games left. 7 games to turn it around still. During the 39 games we have won when we're not expected too. So why can't City do it again? Our home form is still there. How has that been wiped from the memory after 2 shocking away performances? I never expected us to win at wolves or derby so why is it such a shock? Yes the results didn't go against us yesterday and now we find ourselves 6 points adrift!! BUT WE HAVE 7 GAMES LEFT TO CHANGE THIS!!

We have 4 games left at home. So lets not let the team, who yes have left us down this year, be let down by the passionate support we can still give them! Starting at home tomorrow to Sheff Wed who we CAN still catch. I'm still positive. I got a feeling its not over yet. The Championship is unpredictable every weekend. So why is everyone predicting that we're down already?

7 games. 4 home. 3 away. We can still do this!!

CMON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not the fact we lost, It's how we lost which has caused the negativity

Our undoing is the form of the teams around us .

When you look at the points difference all the way up the league there is not much of a gap.

This is what is making us odds on for relegation.

When SoD took charge winning home games would have seen us home and dry.

If we are looking to blame anyone then it has to be DMC.

Endless costly loans , constant chopping and changing left us in a real mess. He reckoned he had unfinished business here so I would worry if I was an Aberdeen fan.

I think the club is so hell bent on FFP and its implications.

When you look at the majority of Championship clubs we are lagging behind, the club knows this (New stadium, corporate boxes, youth development)

With roughly the same players SoD has transformed the team at home so HT all bodes well.

Its just a shame we will have to go down to move forward

"All we have to do is win our four home games as we are playing great football at home"

"Win our away game at Burnley"

"Win our last game away to Charlton"

"We will then survive"

Guys come on wake up that's six games we have to win, six in seven, NOT, what gives you this optimism.

Wolves was the game we should have won should have gone for it when 1-0 up but did not have the belief, then folded against Derby who didn't even have to try.

Get ready for L1

Wednesday will come to the gate knowing they can counter attack or go for a draw which will be good enough for them

If you guys are right then I'll come on here and appologise to you all.

Last season we went 8 unbeaten at the end of the season:.

Boro (a) D1-1 Ephraim

Derby (H) D1-1 Pitman

Florist (a) W1-0 Wood(p)

Coventry (H) W3-1 Stead, Bolasie, Wood

Brum (a) D2-2 Pearson, Stead

WHAM (H) D1-1 Skuse

BARNSLEY (H) W2-0 Skuse, Stead (p)

Bunrley (a) D1-1 Taylor

We have less games to save ourselves already.

Our away record before the 8 game unbeaten run was: W4 D4 L11- This season it is: W3 D3 L14- a worse record, we don't know how to win away anymore.

Last season, Doncaster, Coventry, Barnsley (Pompey also had a 10 point deduction) hit worse form than us, Florist & Peterborough just about scraped enough points together. Totally opposite to this season.

We brought in loans last season that (in a BIG way) helped us to survive, Bikey was immense.

We had an inspired Stead, who scored some important goals.....he is injured now and hasn't been replaced......Davies & Baldock haven't got the passion he has.

Against Coventry, it was obvious that they were a tired team, we were lucky enough to be able to make several changes (due to having a larger squad) that made the difference IMO, we also had a player who was unpredictable (Bolasie).......nothing like that in the squad now.

Mathematically we aren't down but our away form and the form of others make it a more or less impossible job IMO, if we win all 4 home games it will put us in with a chance (but that won;t be easy with Brum & Bolton & Wendy's away form), plus we would have to pick up a win away and that is EXTREMELY unlikely.

The fact of the matter is we havent been good enough for the whole season and we deserve to go down. If we can win 4 or 5 games we give ourselves a chance, but the other teams around us are going to pick up two more wins at least going on recent form, so its looking near enough impossible.

The fact of the matter is we havent been good enough for the whole season and we deserve to go down. If we can win 4 or 5 games we give ourselves a chance, but the other teams around us are going to pick up two more wins at least going on recent form, so its looking near enough impossible.

You have to remember that some of the other teams still have to play each other.

I'm not saying we will get out of it,but in 7 games a lot can still happen.

We have 4 home games,so we still have a chance.

If we win our 4 home games then we 'only' need to win that 1 final game away on the 4th May to stay up. As you say, you never know....

Thing is we kind of do know don't we and sadly it ain't gonna happen.

Not that I (or any of us) want us to go down, not that I would not like to think that Bristol City FC are the best team in the world (they are after all).

But still we can hope & cling to the fact that we are not down yet, but it is easy to say and most probable that we will be before the end of the season.

And I don't see any bounce back as there are better placed & stronger teams already in that division.

Get set for the rebuild, get set for winning a few more games and get set for a few seasons or more in 'DIVISION THREE'....... what a shame that is to type........ what a shame.

UP THE CITY!

Genuine question,if we were 6 points from getting in the play offs,and had 7 games to go, do you think everyone would give up and say we had no chance?

Possibly not, but we are not, so even if a genuine question does it truly have any bearing under the circumstances that we now face?

To me, no it does not......feel free to disagree...... I really don't mind it is a forum after all.

Possibly not, but we are not, so even if a genuine question does it truly have any bearing under the circumstances that we now face?

To me, no it does not......feel free to disagree...... I really don't mind it is a forum after all.

What I'm getting at is the negativity on this forum, if we were 6 points from the play offs we would have thread after thread about how we CAN do it.

What I'm getting at is the negativity on this forum, if we were 6 points from the play offs we would have thread after thread about how we CAN do it.

True, but that would suggest we had a hope in hell of getting results away from home.............we haven't.

Quite honestly, I'd have more confidence if we were six points off the pray-offs. The teams there aren't winning every bloody game!

Quite honestly, I'd have more confidence if we were six points off the pray-offs. The teams there aren't winning every bloody game!

exactly.

if you look at the table over the last 6 games (http://www.footballformguide.net/form/npower-championship), peteboro, wolves and sheff weds are all top 8! everyone down around us is in promotion form, then there's us who haven't scored away through one of our own players since new years day

last year we had stead in inspired form, and bikey at the back who had a lot of drive about him - technically not the best, but he was a driving force and a motivator at the back. looking at the 11-14 players who are likely to start our next few games i don't see a single person who has the character of stead or bikey, to give us much hope

of course anything could still happen, but it is by far the likeliest outcome that we'll be deservedly relegated

Thing is I think and state now that I believe we are done & dusted....... it is a great disappointment to me and many others that follow the 'Mighty Bristol City FC'

I would count you in this reality but do not think that this is a negative...... I see our support as a positive..... we are all BCFC after all.

We may well have to accept that after the hard slog of finally getting out of the third division we just were not good enough to stay in division two for more than a few seasons.

It may well be because of managers (they come and go) it may well be because of players (they come and go) but in the end we were let off last season and it has been so clear what our failings were position wise. That said it will or always has been hard to get the right players to come to our club........ Bristol is just not hip........ despite the fact that the West Country is actually an amazing place to be and has such a better way of life if you are not a vacuous geezer ..... or your wife wants to think they are Victoria Beckham........ as for your kids having the accent...... it's a lovely accent.

We blew the best chance I have ever seen of getting back to division 1 (some muggs might call this the Premier League) and it it notable that our chance of automatic was under played by the mistaken belief that even if we did not get automatic we would still be able to get there by the pray-offs........ we have never done well in pray-offs..... we are not & have not been the type of team or club to get there via this path.

So now we have to look to the future and it may be some time before we are the force we all think or want us to be.

UP THE CITY!

It's not negative to understand where you are and what that means!

UP THE CITY!

Agree so far! But I looked at Wolves,Sheff Wednesday Barnsley and Peterborough's fixtures and some still have to play each other yet.

So something has to give in those games,they both can't win ( can they!!!)

If we can win our home games, we may just give ourselves a chance.

exactly.

if you look at the table over the last 6 games (http://www.footballformguide.net/form/npower-championship), peteboro, wolves and sheff weds are all top 8! everyone down around us is in promotion form, then there's us who haven't scored away through one of our own players since new years day

last year we had stead in inspired form, and bikey at the back who had a lot of drive about him - technically not the best, but he was a driving force and a motivator at the back. looking at the 11-14 players who are likely to start our next few games i don't see a single person who has the character of stead or bikey, to give us much hope

of course anything could still happen, but it is by far the likeliest outcome that we'll be deservedly relegated

I think the loss of Stead was the last straw for us, despite the winkers on here who seem to out to get any player who's even remotely local.

I guess the argument runs like this:

* Messi and Ronaldo are great players.

* They come from a long way away.

* Therefore the further away a player's comes from, the better he is.

* Therefore local players are rubbish.

That's as near as I can get to making it sound sensible :grr:

Thing is I think and state now that I believe we are done & dusted....... it is a great disappointment to me and many others that follow the 'Mighty Bristol City FC'

I would count you in this reality but do not think that this is a negative...... I see our support as a positive..... we are all BCFC after all.

We may well have to accept that after the hard slog of finally getting out of the third division we just were not good enough to stay in division two for more than a few seasons.

It may well be because of managers (they come and go) it may well be because of players (they come and go) but in the end we were let off last season and it has been so clear what our failings were position wise. That said it will or always has been hard to get the right players to come to our club........ Bristol is just not hip........ despite the fact that the West Country is actually an amazing place to be and has such a better way of life if you are not a vacuous geezer ..... or your wife wants to think they are Victoria Beckham........ as for your kids having the accent...... it's a lovely accent.

We blew the best chance I have ever seen of getting back to division 1 (some muggs might call this the Premier League) and it it notable that our chance of automatic was under played by the mistaken belief that even if we did not get automatic we would still be able to get there by the pray-offs........ we have never done well in pray-offs..... we are not & have not been the type of team or club to get there via this path.

So now we have to look to the future and it may be some time before we are the force we all think or want us to be.

UP THE CITY!

It's not negative to understand where you are and what that means!

UP THE CITY!

ok we might not bounce straight back up,(should we go down) but you would like to think if yeovil,tranmere,l.oirent and walsall can challenge for a play off spot,with sods record in the 3rd tier we might have a glimmer of a chanch of being up around there.

Archived