IGNORED

Brighton Homophobic Report

Most football chants are to offensive to print.

Minority groups are always campaigning for equality, at least they are being achknowledged.

;)

Nobody wants equality. They all want their turn on top.

Look at Hitler whingeing about the poor oppressed German people; look at the feminists whingeing about poor oppressed women; look at Stalin whingeing about the poor oppressed proletariat.

They all want the chance to oppress someone else. Even hedgehogs dream of being a hundred feet tall and crushing artics under their paws...

I bet the good old beeb didnt report this, less they lose their superbowl contract...

The prospect of openly gay players in professional sports has become a matter of heated debate in recent weeks, after San Francisco 49ers player Chris Culliver told Artie Lange that he would not welcome gay players in the NFL or on his team. "I don't do the gay guys, man," Culliver is quoted as saying. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do."

I see he don't do grammar or syntax not nohow. We don't got no literates on da team.

Incidentally, notice how he uses the PC word "people" rather than "men" in his Neanderthal diatribe ;)

According to SKYSPORTS the only openly gay footballer to come out was Justin Fashanu who committed suicide in 1998.

BULLSHIT!!

1. He came out when he retired

2. He committed suicide after fleeing the US after police wanted to speak to him after a 17 year old accussed Fashanu of Sexual assault.

Fashanu left a note saying the sex was consented.

Fairly sure he was still playing as Brian Clough soon moved him on and his career curtailed rapidly.

I see he don't do grammar or syntax not nohow. We don't got no literates on da team.

Incidentally, notice how he uses the PC word "people" rather than "men" in his Neanderthal diatribe ;)

fit in alright round ere in that respect like

reading this thread got me thinking.. i wonder how many gay fans city have

There are a few that posted on a thread back last year about homophobic chanting.

The irony of it was they didnt give a monkeys and their posts were ignored, it seemed to offend hetrosexual do gooders more.

There are a few that posted on a thread back last year about homophobic chanting.

The irony of it was they didnt give a monkeys and their posts were ignored, it seemed to offend hetrosexual do gooders more.

Although it's not the intention, this group gives gays a chance to comment without actually "coming out".

My attitude is simple. If someone is offended on their own behalf by what I say, I will seriously think about what I said. I won't necessarily retract it - sometimes people need to be offended, but not that oftem.

If someone claims to be offended on someone else's behalf, they can Foxtrot Oscar. I really do not care.

Although it's not the intention, this group gives gays a chance to comment without actually "coming out".

My attitude is simple. If someone is offended on their own behalf by what I say, I will seriously think about what I said. I won't necessarily retract it - sometimes people need to be offended, but not that oftem.

If someone claims to be offended on someone else's behalf, they can Foxtrot Oscar. I really do not care.

Agree 100%

I always found it funny when a thread about chants about Asians came up and Riaz would comment.

Most ignored his posts and comments and he was in a better position to comment than 99.9% of people who took offence on Asians behalf, he also took most of it as banter.

When openly gay comedians camp it up to the extreme and making gay jokes, innuendo or openly flirting with other males as part of their act, are we meant laugh or not laugh? if we laugh are laughing at them or with them? or are only gay people allowed to laugh? what are the rules?.

To be fair though, the Alan Carrs, Graham Norton's and Julian Clarys of the world make this conundrum simple by being about as funny as genocide

Fair play to these four clubs

Cardiff City

Barnsley

Ipswich Town

Derby County

They must have more original songs

More origional than "we drink cider you suck cock"

I personally find it funny and looking at the Brighton forum a lot of them either don't care or look at it as "banter" no different to calling us sheep shaggers. The millwall comment was a bit naughty but even that brought a small smile to my face! Do they think this will make the chanting better or just make it worst?! Gotta be worse surely?!

Do we as a society detest gay people so much, that to joke around with the subject of homosexuality is a serious offence? It's almost as if we don't want to believe that there are actually gay people. The same goes for disabled and retarded people, we'd rather pretend they're not when they are. I've heard people say things like, Oh I don't have any problem with gay people, as long as they don't kiss in public. Ew And it's crazy, and far more homophobic than a few chants a football ground. Brighton are proud of the fact they are a gay capital, they find the banter to be funny while everyone else moans it's homophobic. The difference? They've accepted gay people, the rest of society hasn't.

I can't wait for the day we sign a openly gay black player, I will personally start the chant (and sing on my own if I have to):

He's black. He's gay. And we back him all the way. GREG CUNNINGHAM! (or whoever).

Let's accept our differences and joke about them! Acceptance people!

P.S - All white people look alike.

Because we have no place in football anymore, after our relegation, we are being head hunted and used rather than a high profile club, WHY single us out on national news and no one else? ***** me off, this whole gay thing is pathetic and people need to grow up! i have nothing against gay people, but this is just another way to be controlling, football has become bad enough now lets just end all of this ******* madness!

Rant over.

I heard they were playing in pink next year.

Apparently pink gives a nice shimmer under the back drop of floodlights.

. . That's not being homophobic its just that blue and white doesn't go with anything

Well, Well BBC missed this and also check out the comment beneath the clip, so Cardiff fans are innocent then? or perhaps the PC BBC didn't want to upset the other minority?http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Uploaded on Sep 27, 2011

So as Cardiff were calling us queer and bum boys, The super seagulls went one nil up, so "We're gay and we're one nil up" First of 3 goals in a convincing 3-1 win :~)

As a city season ticket holder living in Brighton I have watched this report with interest. From what I can see the majority of BHAFC fans are embarrassed by this report. Local media is full of "if you cant take it don't give it out" and nobody I have met has an issue with this.

Discrimination of any kind is wrong and anyone with a brain realises this (sadly not everyone seems capable of engaging their brains). Banter is something completely different and football fans are generally very aware of where the line is and what is acceptable and what is not.

Brighton is a brilliant place to live (apart from the beer prices) and its a shame that some people seem intent on making an issue when really there isn't one to be made.

To be fair though, the Alan Carrs, Graham Norton's and Julian Clarys of the world make this conundrum simple by being about as funny as genocide

And why? Because it's not exotic any more. It's just something people do. We've got used to it - maybe Stonewall should do the same...

For all the good that report will do to counter homophobia you may as well shove it up your ar$e!!

<Can you see what I did there?>

I'm bu99ered if I can.

For all the good that report will do to counter homophobia you may as well shove it up your ar$e!!

<Can you see what I did there?>

I bet you start all the homophobic chants don't you? Are you the RING leader :ph34r:

Well, 'we' are not one of the worst but did have chants that were "too offensive to print."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10329097.Albion_fans_name_and_shame_homophobic_rivals/

Anyway, homophobic chanting is so gay.

This quote from that link just made my day:

Just four days later at Hull City's KC Stadium, a player was said to have rubbed his hands up and down his backside several times in front of Albion fans.

A Hull FC spokesman described the incident as a “misunderstanding” adding that the player's shorts fell down following a slide tackle and he pulled them up “a little too slowly”.

Comedy gold!

Are Brighton fans actually having a hissy fit over this, or is it yet another example of a couple of people being offended on their behalf?

What a nation of crying wimps we are becoming.

This quote from that link just made my day:

Comedy gold!

Are Brighton fans actually having a hissy fit over this, or is it yet another example of a couple of people being offended on their behalf?

What a nation of crying wimps we are becoming.

its been hijacked by PC and non footballing groups a bit like the BLA did of the alledged racest remark that never actually happend with chelski a few months back,

Its best just to head to the winchester have a pint and wait for the whole thing to blow over

I know we chanted stuff I'm not defending that but,

If nothing is reported how does this paper know it happened? wheres the proof?

It is surprising that they weren't reported considering there were quite a few.

Archived