IGNORED

Plan Your Trips For Next Season

where's the joy

Ha ha ha. Too big a club are you? Champions League or nothing is it!?

Hilarious. Your delusions of grandeur are comedy gold.

So you WOULDN'T watch your side at Wembley as the competition isn't good enough for you?

Surely you'd miss the L1 Playoff Final too, I mean ... LEAGUE 1!!!

Fact is, our expectations are different to yours. For a middling League Two side the chance of a day out at Wembley against a big League One side from the north of England must be irresistible.

Our goal for next season should be nothing other than promotion back to the Championship.

I've seen us in two tin pot trophy finals v Stoke at Wembley and seen us win it in 2003 v Carlisle. Let me tell you what an anticlimax winning that trophy was, it literally meant nothing to me. Nice day out but nothing more. I'd much rather we had a good run in the FA Cup.

Noggers is wrong though, if we did make the final we'd have 35,000 part-timers there no problem.

Ha ha ha. Too big a club are you? Champions League or nothing is it!?

Hilarious. Your delusions of grandeur are comedy gold.

So you WOULDN'T watch your side at Wembley as the competition isn't good enough for you?

Surely you'd miss the L1 Playoff Final too, I mean ... LEAGUE 1!!!

Not interested in the JPT, seen us in the final 4x but it's a worthless competition. Completely unimpressed with the New Wembley 'experience' and in no rush to ever return.

Of course I'd go there to watch City in a play off final, that would be a game that mattered, and therefore justify the enthusiasm and expense.

Fact is, our expectations are different to yours. For a middling League Two side the chance of a day out at Wembley against a big League One side from the north of England must be irresistible.

Our goal for next season should be nothing other than promotion back to the Championship.

I've seen us in two tin pot trophy finals v Stoke at Wembley and seen us win it in 2003 v Carlisle. Let me tell you what an anticlimax winning that trophy was, it literally meant nothing to me. Nice day out but nothing more. I'd much rather we had a good run in the FA Cup.

Noggers is wrong though, if we did make the final we'd have 35,000 part-timers there no problem.

I might be exaggerating the lack of interest, but I think apathy for reaching the Final would be widespread and we'd take the least we ever have done by some margin.

The goal for ALL teams is promotion next season first and foremost. Although recognising the scale and magnitiude of the club, a titan in the lower leagues, I don't think that will be unique to City.

Likewise I'd definitely forego ANY cup runs if it meant we got promotion from L2 - I'd wager most fans across the country would also take promotion over anything else.

But that's not the point. The guy above said he 'definitely' wouldn't go to Wembley if City got there, which to me implies it's not worth his time or effort to see his club win a (very rare) piece of silverware, however 'tinpot' it is.

It's a very different argument whether the club should field a strong side or not or place any priority on the competition, but to say you definitely wouldn't go to the National Stadium if you did indeed get to the final is either extreme arrogance, or extreme stupidity in my humble opinion

Hardly, planned terracing, 4 completely different stands. Hardly the modern soulless bowl that we have become accustomed to.

Now lets see your new gaff... Will be just like the Keepmoat stadium but with blue seats! My eyes are green with envy.

Er... :ph34r: Soulless bowl: just missing corners by the Atyeo. Oh, and no safe standing unless the law changes (despite any wishlists) - in which case most other clubs with 'soulless bowls' will also follow suit.

ag2.png

Definitely not.

We'd halve our previous followings, hopefully the club will field a very weak side in an effort to exit the useless competition at the earliest opportunity.

Quite right. Of course, that assumes we have the option of a strong side ;)

We've won the MMC twice - frankly I don't care if we never win it again. Now, the Third Division championship would be worth having!

How so many of you can actually get excited about relegation and the delights of playing third rate football again at delapidated grounds makes me wonder why you watch City. You sound like Gas heads ,wetting their knickers at the thought of division Three football, LOSERS. I personally want the City to be playing at the highest level that they can. The years we spent before promotion,listening to people say they would rather be a mid table Championship team playing decent opposition than trying to get out of that "God awful" third rate lump it- division. Some very short memories on here I think. Unless you're Gas Heads in disguise. :dunno::angry::angry:

How so many of you can actually get excited about relegation and the delights of playing third rate football again at delapidated grounds makes me wonder why you watch City. You sound like Gas heads ,wetting their knickers at the thought of division Three football, LOSERS. I personally want the City to be playing at the highest level that they can. The years we spent before promotion,listening to people say they would rather be a mid table Championship team playing decent opposition than trying to get out of that "God awful" third rate lump it- division. Some very short memories on here I think. Unless you're Gas Heads in disguise. :dunno::angry::angry:

No, it's making the best of a bad job. It comes with age, and it's not necessarily a bad thing (or a good one).

Can hardly compare Sheffield United to Barnet so the sag analogy is a bit lame, we're just discussing the fourth-coming season of our club.

Think I used the phrase "hope to tick some off"'- which can hardly be sensibly interpreted as "actually get(ting) excited", can it?

Mind you, Fleetwood Town away could give us a sobering insight into how the other half live. gulp.

Er... :ph34r: Soulless bowl: just missing corners by the Atyeo. Oh, and no safe standing unless the law changes (despite any wishlists) - in which case most other clubs with 'soulless bowls' will also follow suit.

ag2.png

Errr not the current design.

Enjoy your lovely bowl, your going to regret losing your terracing.

So when the safe standing is put in, and people stand, regardless of the rules, it's still not going to be used?

The rails can be put in any ground now, if the ground regulations are enforced to make people sit is a different thing.

That Isn't the current design you thick gas tit

The video was posted by the architects on YouTube on 20 March.

Since then supporters have said they want safe standing etc but do you REALLY think since posting the vid, the architects have ripped up the original plans and started all over again with a blank canvas. Just 2 weeks later?

If anything has changed it'll be small cosmetic things - not a radical redesign.

If it IS a total redesign then you are AGES away from submitting plans for approval to BCC. July (or whatever date you were told) is TOTALLY unfeasible if the plans from 20 March have been totally redesigned following a couple of supporters meetings.

It seems you all think safe standing is definitely going to be incorporated.

The LAW OF THE LAND will need to be changed if you want to use it in the Championship.

Think about it, even if it is included for the rugby, it won't be used at City games as its against the law at football grounds. You might get away with it in League 1.

So the SS is for the benefit of the egg chasers ONLY unless you're happy to be stranded in the lower leagues.

At the end of the day cost will be king. An all singing all dancing new stadium incorporating everything the fans want will probably be too costly. So while the architects etc are listening to your views, doesn't mean that everything suggested will be in the final design!

Lets see what the final plans look like then shall we, and then we'll see how much if a soulless bowl it is!

The video was posted by the architects on YouTube on 20 March.

Since then supporters have said they want safe standing etc but do you REALLY think since posting the vid, the architects have ripped up the original plans and started all over again with a blank canvas. Just 2 weeks later?

If anything has changed it'll be small cosmetic things - not a radical redesign.

If it IS a total redesign then you are AGES away from submitting plans for approval to BCC. July (or whatever date you were told) is TOTALLY unfeasible if the plans from 20 March have been totally redesigned following a couple of supporters meetings.

It seems you all think safe standing is definitely going to be incorporated.

The LAW OF THE LAND will need to be changed if you want to use it in the Championship.

Think about it, even if it is included for the rugby, it won't be used at City games as its against the law at football grounds. You might get away with it in League 1.

So the SS is for the benefit of the egg chasers ONLY unless you're happy to be stranded in the lower leagues.

At the end of the day cost will be king. An all singing all dancing new stadium incorporating everything the fans want will probably be too costly. So while the architects etc are listening to your views, doesn't mean that everything suggested will be in the final design!

Lets see what the final plans look like then shall we, and then we'll see how much if a soulless bowl it is!

Yes, they have actually redsigned it and yes that is an old design.

Your a muppet, the new designs shown by the architects at a meeting which i saw, show safe standing, so yes they have redesigned it completely really. They show a different design to on that video, i do not know why they have uploaded the video.

Have you been to any meetings mr gas? Have you seen any of the designs? No, you havent.

The law of the land doesnt have to change, for the inclusion of safe rail seats. Bristol City, i expect, will throw fans out for standing in the new safe standing areas, like city throw fans out of the eastend now for standing (Incase your too thick to work that out, they dont throw any fans out for standing at the minute)

For the last 5 seasons, city fans have stood in the eastend, without trouble, 0 have been thrown out. You really are not coming across at all well, your talking as its FACT and it isnt.

Like at Derby, a good 500 home fans stood, nobody got chucked out. Like at leicester 1000 home fans stood, 0 got thrown out. All the championship clubs want safe standing, only 1 is agaisnt it. Clubs are becoming an awful lot more relaxed in their approach to standing.

Your talking rubbish, i would bet £100 for charity, that if a redone ashton gate is every done, that it will include safe standing. Want to take it up?

Yes, they have actually redsigned it and yes that is an old design.

Your a muppet, the new designs shown by the architects at a meeting which i saw, show safe standing, so yes they have redesigned it completely really. They show a different design to on that video, i do not know why they have uploaded the video.

Have you been to any meetings mr gas? Have you seen any of the designs? No, you havent.

The law of the land doesnt have to change, for the inclusion of safe rail seats. Bristol City, i expect, will throw fans out for standing in the new safe standing areas, like city throw fans out of the eastend now for standing (Incase your too thick to work that out, they dont throw any fans out for standing at the minute)

For the last 5 seasons, city fans have stood in the eastend, without trouble, 0 have been thrown out. You really are not coming across at all well, your talking as its FACT and it isnt.

Like at Derby, a good 500 home fans stood, nobody got chucked out. Like at leicester 1000 home fans stood, 0 got thrown out. All the championship clubs want safe standing, only 1 is agaisnt it. Clubs are becoming an awful lot more relaxed in their approach to standing.

Your talking rubbish, i would bet £100 for charity, that if a redone ashton gate is every done, that it will include safe standing. Want to take it up?

Why resort to abuse? I've not been abusive?

Yes, fans all over the country stand in seated areas. That's not my point. During City games the seats will be 'down' - i.e. in the seating position.

So irrespective of whether you stand there or not, it won't be be a terrace. It'll be a seated area.

When the RUGBY play it might well be the case that the seats are in the 'up' position. And then it will be a terrace.

My point stands. Until the law changes whilst AG may well have the facility for safe standing, it will only be available for the rugby.

During football matches, the seats will be down UNLESS, as I say, the law changes.

And if it does, then loads of other clubs with all seater stadia will also introduce safe standing areas - also including, I would guess, the UWE.

So I'm not disputing that AG MIGHT have safe standing. It's just that unless the law changes, only the rugby fans will benefit.

Whether or not fans stand where there is a seat is a different argument all together... and I never made any point about that in my previous comments.

There, I've replied to you without being abusive or aggressive. Not sure why you got so het up with me?

Yes, fans all over the country stand in seated areas. That's not my point. During City games the seats will be 'down' - i.e. in the seating position.

So irrespective of whether you stand there or not, it won't be be a terrace. It'll be a seated area.

When the RUGBY play it might well be the case that the seats are in the 'up' position. And then it will be a terrace.

My point stands. Until the law changes whilst AG may well have the facility for safe standing, it will only be available for the rugby.

During football matches, the seats will be down UNLESS, as I say, the law changes.

And if it does, then loads of other clubs with all seater stadia will also introduce safe standing areas - also including, I would guess, the UWE.

So I'm not disputing that AG MIGHT have safe standing. It's just that unless the law changes, only the rugby fans will benefit.

Whether or not fans stand where there is a seat is a different argument all together... and I never made any point about that in my previous comments.

There, I've replied to you without being abusive or aggressive. Not sure why you got so het up with me?

It doesnt matter if its a seated area or not, if people stand up does it?

So the seats will be able to be put down, but people will stand, so its exactly the same as having the seats up.

Tell me what the difference is, the seats for rugby will be locked up, fans will stand, at football, the seats will be unlocked to have the potential to be sat on, but fans will stand. What is the difference there? Regardless of the law.

Im getting so het up as your talking complete rubbish, your expecting a safe standing area to be put in, and fans to sit down at football. That wont happen, like fans dont sit in the eastend now.

Welcome to OTIB fella.

It doesnt matter if its a seated area or not, if people stand up does it?

So the seats will be able to be put down, but people will stand, so its exactly the same as having the seats

I agree 100%. So why is everyone getting excited about rail seats if there's no difference to normal seats? Anyway, tell you what, lets agree to disagree on this one hey? We could both go in for hours .... Enjoy your safe standing!

EDIT: ok I *think* you may misunderstand how rail seating works.

If you think the seats are 'spring loaded' and you 'pull them down' to sit on during football matches - that's not how it works. If it did work like that, I can see your argument.

The fact is, the seats are LOCKED down in the 'L' position. They don't 'spring back up' when you stand up. So there's no more leg room or standing room than normal seats when they're 'seats' rather than standing.

If you thought they had to be manually pulled down then I can see how you think you'd have an effective terrace, even if it was *meant* to be a seating area.

Until the law changes SS won't work that way. The seats will be locked down for football so NO gain for football fans (in fact the rails in front may actually worsen the view)

:-) as I say, enjoy the rail seating. Be careful what you wish for, unless the law changes to allow safe standing at football grounds, they'll be no better than normal seats, and in many ways could be worse!

Archived