IGNORED

Sum Up Today

XJAP

For me 2 blatant penalties. Cunningham and a big push on marv or fonts. Pillar obstructed.

Draw was about the right result. Apart from adomah' s blaze over and davies chance. Nowt much else for us.

Their defenders could have taken an axe to our forwards without conceding a penalty. Shockingly bad officials.

Sum up today, can't wait to see the back of,

Fontaine

Nyatanga

Carey

Kilkenny

Skuse

Foster

Pearson

Gherkin

Taylor

Elliot

Bates

Wilson X 2

Time to be ruthless the second the last ball is kicked at charlton in preparation for next season.

• No movement off the ball in midfield
  • Skuse and Kelly constantly misplacing passes
  • Two passes forward, five passes back ending up with Heaton
  • Fontaine playing long diagonal balls to Baldock who has no ariel ability
  • Pearson scared to take on players and was generally poor (subbed again!)
  • Baldock and Elliot played really well
  • Wasted lots of free kicks and corners (hitting a shef w player most of the time!)
  • Defensively looked fragile (Fontaine mistake led to goal)
  • Everyone scared to receive the ball
  • Atmosphere was poor, no singing whatsoever (except for EE)
  • £10 ticket proved successfully based on the sell-out (ARE YOU TAKING NOTE DAVID LLOYD)
  • Referee was awful

In line 4 you blame Fontaine for just hoofing long balls

In line 9 you say everybody scared to receive the ball

Question to you

if nobody is making themselves free to receive the ball What do you expect fonts to do with it?

Well this is how I would sum it up:

We played awful.

We have a strange habit of continously going backwards.

We're slow and never show any real signs of attacking.

The atmosphere was pathetic.

Lots of spare seats in EE, yet none were available to buy.

Other than the EE, the only chant around the stadium was one verse of 'come on you reds' then it stops.

Our sell-out support was embarrassing.

But what annoys me most?

We start to play football and attack in the last few minutes of a game. We should be attacking and hungry for goals from the start.

The fans applaud our players when they don't deserve to be applauded for their pathetic performance.

The players should be applauding and thanking the fans for coming. especially those who come week in, week out to watch the same typical display.

SOD is on another planet.

How would you sum today up?

Can't disagree with any of that. Took my girlfriend to her first ever football game today and kept mentioning about how annoying it was to watch them pass the ball backwards then hoof it back Sheffield Wednesday.

I guess the only positive is she would love to come to more games and maybe even become a ST holder

Is she mad?

Can't disagree with any of that. Took my girlfriend to her first ever football game today and kept mentioning about how annoying it was to watch them pass the ball backwards then hoof it back Sheffield Wednesday.

I guess the only positive is she would love to come to more games and maybe even become a ST holder

Is she mad?

She must be! Just be grateful you know a female interested in football :D

Is she mad?

Inbloodydubitably ;)

Is she mad?

Nah, maybe she understands the game better than you ( ;) ) - it wasn't hoof ball, it was clearly a tactic to get the ball up the pitch early and pick up second balls and/or getting their big left back turning (which, on occasion worked in the first half).

She must be! Just be grateful you know a female interested in football :D

Shock of the season I tell you!

Nah, maybe she understands the game better than you ( ;) ) - it wasn't hoof ball, it was clearly a tactic to get the ball up the pitch early and pick up second balls and/or getting their big left back turning (which, on occasion worked in the first half).

Yeah but on so many occasions we had options to play it simple (forward not backwards!) and had more joy down the wing than lumping it forwards time and time again. I agree, first half worked but for 90 mins? Yawn...

Archived