IGNORED

Sum Up Today

XJAP

Well this is how I would sum it up:

We played awful.

We have a strange habit of continously going backwards.

We're slow and never show any real signs of attacking.

The atmosphere was pathetic.

Lots of spare seats in EE, yet none were available to buy.

Other than the EE, the only chant around the stadium was one verse of 'come on you reds' then it stops.

Our sell-out support was embarrassing.

But what annoys me most?

We start to play football and attack in the last few minutes of a game. We should be attacking and hungry for goals from the start.

The fans applaud our players when they don't deserve to be applauded for their pathetic performance.

The players should be applauding and thanking the fans for coming. especially those who come week in, week out to watch the same typical display.

SOD is on another planet.

How would you sum today up?

Well this is how I would sum it up:

We played awful.

We have a strange habit of continously going backwards.

We're slow and never show any real signs of attacking.

The atmosphere was pathetic.

Lots of spare seats in EE, yet none were available to buy.

Other than the EE, the only chant around the stadium was one verse of 'come on you reds' then it stops.

Our sell-out support was embarrassing.

But what annoys me most?

We start to play football and attack in the last few minutes of a game. We should be attacking and hungry for goals from the start.

The fans applaud our players when they don't deserve to be applauded for their pathetic performance.

The players should be applauding and thanking the fans for coming. especially those who come week in, week out to watch the same typical display.

SOD is on another planet.

How would you sum today up?

In the words of the great Eric RUBBISH!

We deserved to win today. Not much you can do when your best spell of attacking produces a stone cold penalty and the idiot ref books the victim for diving.

All that being said, we did not look good, but Wendy looked even worse. Not so much the better side as the least bad of the two.

Not quite the 19,000 claimed, because a lot of fans didn't use the tickets they'd bought in the hope of seeing a fight against relegation. That ended when Wolves scored their second goal.

Fans and players both subdued in the knowledge that the season was over, regardless of today's result. Sickening to be robbed by an incompetent ref, though.

Sorry - started new thread just as OP started this one.

Kilkenny seriously??!

Really? Though he played ok when he came on (at least we started playing through balls rather than lumping it to the 7 footers).

Don't get me wrong, he ain't good enough all round, but I don't think he can be criticised for today.

any other season that would of been a good point, do the players know that they are in the sh*t ?, at 1 nil down no urgency, no change in tempo. i get the feeling that sod knows we are down and he is just playing out the season. i would rather he came out and said look lads you lot are screwed, most of you will be gone by aug, try and play for a bit of pride or new contracts at other clubs

Thoughts..........

We should have won.

Wednesday were really, really poor.

Davies should have put Baldock's cross in the back of the net.

Whatever tactic had Baldock hugging the touchline did not work, as we kept throwing long balls AT him, instead of over him so he could turn and run (beat the LB).

Davies had little support when he won possession, Baldock was to wide to help, midfield far to deep.

When Baldock and Davies counter attacked in 1st half, against 4 players, Davies turned to play a ball to our midfield and...... where the hell were they, all still in our own half with arms stretched out trying to set up offside line with our defence !!

Free kicks on edge of box both fired straight into the wall.

Clear Penalty that should have been given.

Kelly and Person taken off, Skuse pushed out RM ? Why not bring Anderson on instead.

Fontaine, Cunningham, and Nyatanga surrounding Lita in a triangle in our box, Lita losses the ball that bounces 10-15ft away - our triangle of defenders stand still and watch it, Lita realises that they are not going to go for the ball so saunters over to get it, eventually the play wins Wednesday a corner.

We should have won, had chances, but it was far from a good game - two poor sides in all honesty.

Really? Though he played ok when he came on (at least we started playing through balls rather than lumping it to the 7 footers).

Don't get me wrong, he ain't good enough all round, but I don't think he can be criticised for today.

It was all sideways, but it was Kilkenny seriously for his amazing slide tackle near the end.... Jeez.

• No movement off the ball in midfield
  • Skuse and Kelly constantly misplacing passes
  • Two passes forward, five passes back ending up with Heaton
  • Fontaine playing long diagonal balls to Baldock who has no ariel ability
  • Pearson scared to take on players and was generally poor (subbed again!)
  • Baldock and Elliot played really well
  • Wasted lots of free kicks and corners (hitting a shef w player most of the time!)
  • Defensively looked fragile (Fontaine mistake led to goal)
  • Everyone scared to receive the ball
  • Atmosphere was poor, no singing whatsoever (except for EE)
  • £10 ticket proved successfully based on the sell-out (ARE YOU TAKING NOTE DAVID LLOYD)
  • Referee was awful

It was all sideways, but it was Kilkenny seriously for his amazing slide tackle near the end.... Jeez.

Ha ha, yeah, I'll give you that attempted slide tackle - that was quite laughable.

However, I thought he provided a more thoughtful edge to our passing game - which previously with Skuseless & Marv was slooooooowwwwwww.

• Wasted lots of free kicks and corners (hitting a shef w player most of the time!)
  • £10 ticket proved successfully based on the sell-out (ARE YOU TAKING NOTE DAVID LLOYD)
  • Referee was awful

You have summed it up perfectly.

Fontaine makes mistake, his confidence blown to pieces immediately . Man Up for **** sake .

Skuse totally anonymous. Must be the worst midfield player in Championship.

To negative for to long .

Substitutions far to late .

2 poor sides .

3 crap officials .

Great SW support .

Predictable .

Relegation material.

Numerous long balls to Baldock who was marked by a 6ft 3" left back, no creativity in midfield and no movement off the ball.

Sorry but you can tell the 2 teams today were in a relegation battle.

• We battered them first half - and on another day could have been 4-0 up at h-t
  • Early long-ball tactics spot on - with city picking up the majority of second ball
  • Tried long-ball and possession in second half but couldnt crack stubborn defence
  • Would have preferred to see Albert stay on the right when he came on
  • Too many casual supporters turned up at AG thinking it was The Nou Camp

For me 2 blatant penalties. Cunningham and a big push on marv or fonts. Pillar obstructed.

Draw was about the right result. Apart from adomah' s blaze over and davies chance. Nowt much else for us.

• Referee was awful

......but surely according to you this is all McInnes fault ;)

Archived