CM: Kelly

CM: Elliot

CM: New player

LM: New player

ST: Baldock

If Heaton leaves I think Gerken may stay providing he starts, so:

Gerken

Moloney

McFadzean (can see this deal going through in the summer)

New CB

Cunningham

Burns

Reid

Kelly

Bryan/New LM

Baldock

Davies/New ST (depends if we make Davies stay or sell him to reduce the wage bill)

If Heaton leaves I think Gerken may stay providing he starts, so:

Gerken

Moloney

McFadzean (can see this deal going through in the summer)

New CB

Cunningham

Burns

Reid

Kelly

Bryan/New LM

Baldock

Davies/New ST (depends if we make Davies stay or sell him to reduce the wage bill)

Exactly this imo - although hopefully Anderson stays.

Gerken's contract's up and I can't see him being offered a new one - so maybe a new keeper too (but would love Heaton to stay).

Cunningham

Maloney

Kelly

if these 3 are still here in September I'll be overjoyed. If we cash in on some and get rid of others I don't care. We will probs finish mid table with a completly new side but then the season after...boom

I hope we don't end up like Preston, who are a massave club, had decent players but got rid of all of them and are now struggling to servive the awful league that is league 1! DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO US PLEASEEEEEEE!

Exactly this imo - although hopefully Anderson stays.

Gerken's contract's up and I can't see him being offered a new one - so maybe a new keeper too (but would love Heaton to stay).

How did I forget Anderson?! Hopefully we hold onto him considering he only signed a contract at the start of the season. Solves the RM situation and could mean Burns upfront then, think the pace of Burns and Baldock would make most teams worried.

Can't see Heaton staying tbh unless he doesn't want to move from the area then I reckon he will go seeing as he is definitely championship standard. I think it may be too much for the club to try and sign 2 keepers we can rely on in one summer hence why I think Gerken may be offered an extension.

On the subject of poachable assets however looking at other clubs, if we need a striker in the summer and Bradford don't get promoted then Nahki Wells? 22 year old striker with a scoring rate just better than 1 in 3, would back him to get better as well. May cost a bit but would be a sign of intent in our signings and would likely have a resale value if and when he were to leave the club too.

On the subject of poachable assets however looking at other clubs, if we need a striker in the summer and Bradford don't get promoted then Nahki Wells? 22 year old striker with a scoring rate just better than 1 in 3, would back him to get better as well. May cost a bit but would be a sign of intent in our signings and would likely have a resale value if and when he were to leave the club too.

Very good player, if Baldock decides to leave then he would be a great replacement, full of pace and deadly infront of goal! i fear Championship teams may be in for him though, someone like Derby or Millwall.

The thing with Baldock is we paid a fairly substantial fee for him and I suspect he's on a relatively hefty wage for Championship level. Whilst I'm sure there's clubs who'd be interested, I'm not sure if he's done enough this season for any clubs to want to pay us enough for us to want to accept a bid or him enough to want to accept their offer. I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed. I also reckon we might manage to keep Moloney too - clubs could easily have got him from Forest in January and either they didn't go for him or he chose us so I reckon we're okay.

Heaton's a tricky one - good keeper but his record this season isn't great and I'm not sure he'd move somewhere without a promise of regular football. I think we'll lose Adomah (which makes sense as he's only a year left on his contract after this), quite possibly Cunningham and maybe Anderson.

Other than that most of our 'better' players haven't, for one reason or another, been able to show what they can do this season so I don't think there's going to be that many chasing them...

I think there'll be a desire to keep as many of the 'good' players as possible, but there's more at play than just whether it would be a good idea on the pitch for them to stay. Wages will be a significant factor and I doubt both Davies and Baldock will be retained. I don't think either will particularly want to stay, but if I had to net on one or the other staying I'd say Baldock is more likely to be here come next season. Cunningham and Adomah will have plenty of offers and may be sacrificed to fund further signings. Hopefully Burns and Bryan (who'd be fine in League 1 IMO) will be viewed as replacements. Kelly and Moloney will stay unless we get silly offers; they signed with full knowledge of the situation we were in so I think they'll be prepared to stay. Can't see many out of contract players staying though. The main thing we need to sort- be it in League 1 or following some miraculous survival- is centre half. We need AT LEAST 2 more from somewhere, possibly 3. I'd be happy to retain Bates as I think with a full pre-season we'd see his class. Other than that, get McFadzean in and find someone else. Not sure whether there are any good defensive prospects in the u21s?

My Championship manager offering ;)

Offer new contracts to Skuse and Heaton on average League 1 wages, otherwise all the below can go. I would also try to offload Kilkenny, Foster, Fontaine and Pearson if we can find suitor willing to take over there contracts, though I think this will be difficult.

6f83e917f8bc15ce0796576a5a3982ac.png?136

We have to try and bounce back at the 1st time of asking, Adomah is a luxury and our most saleable asset, we have Burns and Anderson who can play wide right so I would be happy to let him go so.

I would try and keep Cunningham, Davies, Kenny, Baldock and Maloney who have the quality to get us out of League One, Burns, Krans, Reid and Bryan would need to play a more prominant place in our squad.

Any money should be spent on central defence and midfield, plus a GK if Heaton does not sign.

Stead is a must stay.

The lad would be great in L1, if we happen to somehow retain Baldock and/or Davies our strikeforce would rip most defences to shreads in that league.

Agree with the other poster , 3 new centre halves would be nice!

The thing with Baldock is we paid a fairly substantial fee for him and I suspect he's on a relatively hefty wage for Championship level. Whilst I'm sure there's clubs who'd be interested, I'm not sure if he's done enough this season for any clubs to want to pay us enough for us to want to accept a bid or him enough to want to accept their offer. I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed. I also reckon we might manage to keep Moloney too - clubs could easily have got him from Forest in January and either they didn't go for him or he chose us so I reckon we're okay.

Heaton's a tricky one - good keeper but his record this season isn't great and I'm not sure he'd move somewhere without a promise of regular football. I think we'll lose Adomah (which makes sense as he's only a year left on his contract after this), quite possibly Cunningham and maybe Anderson.

Other than that most of our 'better' players haven't, for one reason or another, been able to show what they can do this season so I don't think there's going to be that many chasing them...

Heaton, without question, will be gone come the summer.

My Championship manager offering ;)

Offer new contracts to Skuse and Heaton on average League 1 wages, otherwise all the below can go. I would also try to offload Kilkenny, Foster, Fontaine and Pearson if we can find suitor willing to take over there contracts, though I think this will be difficult.

We have to try and bounce back at the 1st time of asking, Adomah is a luxury and our most saleable asset, we have Burns and Anderson who can play wide right so I would be happy to let him go so.

I would try and keep Cunningham, Davies, Kenny, Baldock and Maloney who have the quality to get us out of League One, Burns, Krans, Reid and Bryan would need to play a more prominant place in our squad.

Any money should be spent on central defence and midfield, plus a GK if Heaton does not sign.

isn't Skuse already dithering over a contract offer because of the terms ? Can't see him signing a new one on even lower wages.

isn't Skuse already dithering over a contract offer because of the terms ? Can't see him signing a new one on even lower wages.

Thats fine, any player in this position being it Heaton, Skuse, Elliot, Stead etc, a handshake and a thank you before showing them the door.

I honestly hope no contract are renewed this summer. People are saying the likes of Nyatanga could do a job in League 1 so offer him a new contract. Why? Surely we need to try to build a squad capable of competing well in the Championship?

if no contracts are renewed then this will be our squad for next year:

Brendan Moloney - 2015 James Wilson – 2014 Liam Fontaine – 2014 Greg Cunningham - 2016
Richard Foster – 2014 Joe Bryan - 2015
Albert Adomah – 2014 Liam Kelly - 2016 Stephen Pearson - 2014 Paul Anderson - 2014
Wes Burns – 2015 Bobby Reid - 2015 Neil Kilkenny – 2014
Steven Davies – 2015 Sam Baldock – 2015
Ryan Taylor – 2014
I'd love to see Foster, Fontaine, Pearson, Kilkenny move on but I can't see it happening.

I honestly hope no contract are renewed this summer. People are saying the likes of Nyatanga could do a job in League 1 so offer him a new contract. Why? Surely we need to try to build a squad capable of competing well in the Championship?

if no contracts are renewed then this will be our squad for next year:

Brendan Moloney - 2015 James Wilson – 2014 Liam Fontaine – 2014 Greg Cunningham - 2016
Richard Foster – 2014 Joe Bryan - 2015
Albert Adomah – 2014 Liam Kelly - 2016 Stephen Pearson - 2014 Paul Anderson - 2014
Wes Burns – 2015 Bobby Reid - 2015 Neil Kilkenny – 2014
Steven Davies – 2015 Sam Baldock – 2015
Ryan Taylor – 2014
I'd love to see Foster, Fontaine, Pearson, Kilkenny move on but I can't see it happening.

their contracts expire next year - the best the club could do is say "Sorry guys, your not in our plans for the future - we are going to put you in training with the reserves, it will be in your interest to let us/your agent try to find clubs for you, no hard feelings, thanks for your time here blah, blah, blah - wish you luck in the future"

Well Heaton will be out of contract so can go if he wishes, Albert we will probably let go because we can cash in a little - but the others are contracted and I hope the club makes them honour them.

A lot of people will be gone (if we let them, at the end of the season due to contract expiry) which will free up squad places and some of the wage budget as well

Elliot - are people certain he is out of contract? I thought he'd had an extension. If he's thought to be thoroughly fit at last, and will take L1 wages we know he'd be effective next year. We're certainly going to need battlers.

Stead - 30 this week, poor appearance record. He'd have to take a huge wage cut for the club to consider keeping him. He's said to love BCFC, well we're about to see just how much. If the club offer him a new contract at all, that is.

Bates, Wilson M., Wilson J., Carey, Howard, Skuse - time to go, no messing about, no sentiment for the locals.

Gerken - If Heaton goes, keep Gerken, he's easily good enough for L1. In fact we won't find better. He may well have had his fill of bench sitting though so we may end up losing both. Most of us accept Gerken is very capable, you just never know with a new keeper.

Nyatanga, depending who we're getting in, consider keeping as back up on reduced wages. Again, he's more than good enough for L1 alongside the likes of McFadzean.

Archived