IGNORED

Stop Talking Utter Crap

M_Porter

You lot are so full of it its getting silly !

This is aimed at all you

SOD = Borring

SOD = Hoof Ball

SOD = Silly Tactics

SO we DREW (thanks Jake) today but out of the woodwork come all the silly keyboard warriors who IMO play too much football manager.

How the hell was his tactics wrong today ?

We had 13 to their 7 shots

Of which 9 to their 1 was on target !

We had a pen chance turned down ( We must have been in their box for that to have happended )

Perhaps its the players ? although an on target % rate of ours today suggests its not.

Luck then ? Perhaps if the ref had gave us the pen it would be a different story tonight woudn't it.

What it isn't is SOD's tactics as the stats bear out we had the most chances, tactics need to be right to achieve that !

I for one cant wait to get my season ticket next season....

Its going to be one hell of ride be it Championship or League 1 football under SOD and in either case it will be at the right end of the table !

And as a foot note i dont give a flying ****** who disagree's with me :)

Cheers

Mark

Totally agree, we've been heading this way for a few seasons now. I think the writing was on the wall when Lansdown bought David James over the head of Coppell. We don't need a manager at the moment, we need a wizard if we're going to stay up !

This is aimed at all you

SOD = Borring

SOD = Hoof Ball

SOD = Silly Tactics

SO we LOST today but out of the woodwork come all the silly keyboard warriors who IMO play too much football manager.

We had a pen chance turned down ( We must have been in their box for that to have happended )

Perhaps its the players ? although an on target % rate of ours today suggests its not.

Luck then ? Perhaps if the ref had gave us the pen it would be a different story tonight woudn't it.

What it isn't is SOD's tactics as the stats bear out we had the most chances, tactics need to be right to achieve that !

Its going to be one hell of ride be it Championship or League 1 football under SOD and in either case it will be at the right end of the table !

Cheers

Mark

I thought we drew? That's all I'm disagreeing with :)

This is aimed at all you

SOD = Borring

SOD = Hoof Ball

SOD = Silly Tactics

SO we lost today but out of the woodwork come all the silly keyboard warriors who IMO play too much football manager.

Cheers

Mark

+1 Well said I think every one is just getting so angry they are blaming every think and one they can.

One thing about those efforts / shots - nearly all of them were after the 2nd half substitutions, in fact to be honest nearly all were in the last 15 minutes.

We should have won today - but in a workman like way, there was nothing pretty, or fun. If it had worked fine, but when it doesn't and some fans see us 100% L1 and playing some pretty negative stuff there is bound to be cause for concern. Personally, think we need to see what happens next season when he makes the team his own, and not living with others mistakes.

Totally agree, we've been heading this way for a few seasons now. I think the writing was on the wall when Lansdown bought David James over the head of Coppell. We don't need a manager at the moment, we need a wizard if we're going to stay up !

That season when James was signed was when the worm turned for this club, but it is a myth that James was signed over Coppell's head. Coppell identified we had keeper deficiencies and when the Club were made aware of James' availability, Lansdown asked Coppell if he was happy for him to speak to James, to which Coppell emphatically said yes.

It was only when Hunt and Stewart had signed on astronomical wages and Coppell was warned that there was little left for further big signings did Coppell lose the plot and do one telling all that would listen that James was signed over his head and the job wasn't quite what he'd hoped it would be.

The poor bloke has inherited a lot of problems... But judging by his substitutions making the difference with the increased shots etc he seems to be on the right path. SOD was always going to need time to build a side - that's where his success has come from in the past building squads over a season or so... What I will say is that the championship is very funny with regards to points totals over the years to stay up.

You're worse than the sags ffs, this did not happen. Coppell admitted this himself.

Didn't Steve say that Coppell wanted a new keeper so he bought DJ?

Stats about possesion and how many shots on target we had against opposing teams means nothing still need to score more goals than them to get points simple ..

Ok so your saying its the players then ?

Cause obviously the tactics are correct to get us in to scoring positions !

Ok so your saying its the players then ?

Cause obviously the tactics are correct to get us in to scoring positions !

We could have scored a couple in first half - but you do seem to be willingly ignoring what some have said to you. We were 1-0 down, Wednesday were extremely poor, yet it wasn't until after around 1hr 15 minutes into the game the majority of those shots (that your touting around as proof he got the tactics right) were made - mainly the dieing minutes of the game after he made subs....

One individual error nearly losts us the game, and Wednesday did not look like they could hurt us, we should have won - but don't let that fool you into thinking the tactics or performance were good.

This is aimed at all you

SOD = Borring

SOD = Hoof Ball

SOD = Silly Tactics

SO we DREW (thanks Jake) today but out of the woodwork come all the silly keyboard warriors who IMO play too much football manager.

Cheers

Mark

Well ******* said sir :wub:

Could b number of things luck/players/tactics but u wrote in original post 9-1to us shots on target they had 1 and scored it that what matters at this level was saying stats about shots and possession can mean nothing u still need to score dominating any game is nothing unless u win

The snide comments make me laugh, the unwillingness to let such an astute manager educate us and the players.

City supporters are hilarious, some of the shouts you hear in the stands make you cringe.

I agree mate, but I think fans are also entitled to ask specific question that they do not understand, like why leave out Kelly for the useless Killkenny at Derby?, like why Fontaine gets picked?, like why Elliott and Skuse still get paired together?, it would certainly help occasionally to know the thought process, like why did we let Wolves off the hook?.

This season is over, so trying to indoctrinate the players into a mindset for the future is pointless, this bunch can't remember what feet to put their boots on unless their feet are tattooed and even then they will have forgotten once they have put their socks on. Just send them out and tell them to go for it, just go down fighting like they give a shit.

Why didn't they show any fight until the 90th minute?

Dont know if I was at a different game but we controlled basically the whole second half , there was plenty of fight , they worked their socks off today , yes a draw might aswell have been a loss today but for a team bottom of the league and a team playing with 'awful tactics' as some people think , I think we played well and were just unlucky it wasn't our day and today just summed up the season

Why didn't they show any fight until the 90th minute?

So then its the players ?

Its interesting the replies to this thread !

Not one person has really said the tactics were wrong, yet every where else on the forum after kick off were full of it, boring football, hoof ball...

Yes the PLAYERS may not have started until the 90th min IYO mine differs but alas the tactics were correct and with sharper finishing we would have won!

He doesn't say the right things when you're desperate for results and are bottom of the league

I think he does if you care to listen. Its never going to be a quick fix and I think he acknowledges that when he talks about formations given the players we have available.

Archived