IGNORED

Stop Talking Utter Crap

M_Porter

He doesn't say the right things when you're desperate for results and are bottom of the league

What exactly is it you would like him to say ?

Jesus the man has taken a club destined for league 1 ( Thanks SOD many woudn't) would you rather hear about all the "there were positives" "we were unlucky" "the ref was shocking" or get an ordinary and honest, and thought full reply ?

I think he does if you care to listen. Its never going to be a quick fix and I think he acknowledges that when he talks about formations given the players we have available.

Agreed !

If SOD had kept us up it would have been bordering on miraculous considering what he was handed. We need to give him at least a season in League 1. We will be short of money next season as it is and we are unlikely to get a better manager. Clear out the dead wood now and bring in those that want a chance to fight for the shirt and the club (on the pitch)

I don't get it we were awful against a poor team at home SOD took over with 20 games to go thats 60 points up for grabs.

Are we better off now? No we're not WE ARE GOING TO BE RELIGATED was he not brought in to keep us up?

Rose tinted glasses spring to mind he has failed and if anyone thinks league 1 is gonna be a push over just think back a few years.

I don't get it we were awful against a poor team at home SOD took over with 20 games to go thats 60 points up for grabs.

Are we better off now? No we're not WE ARE GOING TO BE RELIGATED was he not brought in to keep us up?

Rose tinted glasses spring to mind he has failed and if anyone thinks league 1 is gonna be a push over just think back a few years.

I don't think he was IMO he was brought in to restore some faith and apply his tactics ready for next season in L1.

This is what amazes me with alot on here, despite the mess we were in he has had almost half a season and we are in a worse position now from when he took charge.

Totally agree, we've been heading this way for a few seasons now. I think the writing was on the wall when Lansdown bought David James over the head of Coppell. We don't need a manager at the moment, we need a wizard if we're going to stay up !

:facepalm:

SOD is being very wise in what he says in the post-match interviews. It's very interesting how he bats away this type of silly question

"City are in the ***t how do you feel?"

"We're 7 points from safety, what are you going to do?"

He's trying to play to the strenghs of a bunch of players who are of middle to poor ability generally. (Ask yourself who you enjoy seeing on the ball?) Surely there's not anyone expecting cosmic football to save us right now?

So what would be the point in telling them or us that the team are poor and we'll be very lucky to escape relegation and that all the games are now "must wins". He would instantly lose the players - poor as they are.

You have to believe him when he says that they have not given up and they do care about City.

When he says :

"We will carry on as we are doing and we're looking for 6 more performances" He's dead right.

Meaning

if we work hard and stuck to a game plan despite not being a brilliant

and

if we have our fair share of luck and some of our shots on target go in

and

if important decisions go our way and don't against us as happened on Monday

We might just sneak it.

This is what he calls a performance.

You notice he doesn't dwell on the fact that we do not have Jon Stead. The person who largely saved us last season.

Archived