IGNORED

Still Believing

ollywhyte

SoD is obviously an intelligent man, very methodical and calm in his managerial approach. Negativity often surrounds his away team selections, but he's not stupid, and despite his visibly relaxed and often perceived boring personality, deep down, there will be a realisation of the seriousness of the task at hand.

Im convinced that there will be a response at Burnley. One last push, the emergance of a hero. Sam Baldock perhaps. Why is is completely un reasonable that in a division as unpredictable as ours, we can't remain unbeaten from now on.

I wouldn't even class myself as an optimistic person, but I genuinely believe we can still stay up. A win at Burnley, with results going our way (surely our luck will change in that regard!) could see us just 4 points from safety, with 5 to play.

And if this becomes reality, we are then left, in my mind, with a mini race to better those teams 4 points ahead by at least 2 points in a 4 game period, which includes 3 home games. If we can achieve this, we will sit a maximum of 2 points from safety, with one game to go. A large away following at Charlton, who will hopefully have nothing to play for (unless they are in the mix for relegation), and you never know what could happen.

Never know when our luck could change, im convinced Barnsley and Peterborough will resume normal service asap, they could have peaked a few wweeks too soon, and with the varied amount of teams in relegation contention, im sure at least one will have a major slump, someone unexpected.

Im still positive and I'll support us regardless of our division next season. But seriously, we can still do this. That point today, could uneunexpectedly be heroic.

Anyway, always believe.

I for one have to admit I've accepted we're down. But that doesn't mean to say that it's not possible and it certainly doesn't mean to say that I won't be supporting my club to the very end. Crazier things have happened in football, and until we're mathematically down, we're still in with an - albeit slim - chance.

I'm glad we've got supporters like you, because I'm fed up with 'fans' coming on here and moaning at every fan who wants to get behind the team. I don't know if it's a Bristol City thing or a nationwide thing, but we seem to have a lot of fans who enjoy whinging about their club more than they do backing it. The amount of people sat around by me at games complaining about specific players, shouting abuse when they make a mistake but doing nothing positive when they do something right is ridiculous. Had people having a pop at Skuse near me too, one of only two players we actually have in the squad (along with Carey) who are from Bristol and actually, deep down, give as much of a damn about our club as these fans. And yet people are trying to drive them away too.

It was good to see our players having a go on Monday too. Davies and Cunningham both absolutely raging when things didn't go our way. We've not had that sort of passion for a long time, let's replicate it in the stands.

So whether you think we're down or not, how about we actually support the team, cheer on the players rather than telling them how s#it they are, and go down with some pride. You never know, we might even manage more than that.

Tin hat on. Cue abuse.

Archived