IGNORED

Nayatanga, Fontaine, You Are The Weakest Link, Goodbye.

BB in Backwell

I don't normally like to criticise individual players but just seen the Weds goal.

For any standard of football, that was awful, awful defending. Embarrassing. Nyantanga not even trying to get to the goal line after Fontaine loses pocession, no excuse guys, how can you look at yourselves in the mirror? Pss poor, too nonchalant, take a look at the Video. Do the honourable thing, you know it makes sense. Losing confidence, not having the quality is forgiveable, but not to sprint back & try is not.

If SOD thinks that was acceptable from his defenders then we're in the Poo this Season and next.

I don't hate either of them but Fontaine has let us down far too many times. It annoys me that Louis isn't playing at the moment, at least he's guaranteed to give 100% and contrary to what many others' say, usually is one of our best players when called upon.

Nyatanga was too far away to have made a difference to that goal and overall I thought he had a reasonable game. He nearly scored ffs!!!

My thoughts on Fontaine are expressed elsewhere. Time to ship him out to Dagenham & Redbridge or similar.

Carey needs to return to the centre of defence for the rest of the season, strange enough thats also when Fontaine has performed his best this season while he has partnered Carey.

McFadzean I reckon will be signed in the summer.

Nyatanga was too far away to have made a difference to that goal and overall I thought he had a reasonable game. He nearly scored ffs!!!

My thoughts on Fontaine are expressed elsewhere. Time to ship him out to Dagenham & Redbridge or similar.

Don't agree about Nyatanga, he was almost skipping back towards Goal, not sprinting, he may have got to the Goal line in time, who knows, he gave up, that's not defending.

Fair enough about Derby didn't go so wouldn't know. However his distribution is still as poor as ever, barring 1 good ball out to Baldock on the right wing pretty much remember all he did with the ball when he got it was lump it up the pitch for Wednesday to win the ball back comfortably and didn't learn from that all game.

Tangs did nothing wrong really. Won everything in the air and whilst his distribution is woeful at times he did bring the ball out on the deck and look for a pass.

Fontaine however must have played at least 75 long, aimless punts in that game and I don't think Baldock and Davies won a single one of them.

If I could have anything, anything at all, it would be for Liam Fontaine to never wear the shirt of my club again in a professional capacity.

Both are well capable of playing at the top of league 1.

If their salaries are adjusted accordingly I would keep both of them, and add the ball winning centre half we've needed for two seasons.

Tangs had a decent game, he looked quite comfortable/composed - Fontaine... god, he can not install any confidence in those around him, and his distribution is shocking.... but hes had a couple of poor seasons now, nowhere near the "almost" premiership quality touting player he was 3-4 seasons back.

Am i right in thinking that Nyatanga is out of contract at the end of the season? whos to say he will even WANT to stay? emagine that, never thought we would be in a position where we were hoping Nyatanga would re-new his contract with us! he has really improved though to be fair, will the giants that are Millwall or Barnsley come in for him as a freebie perhaps?.... interesting!

Lets be brutally honest Fontaine has been awful all season and probably cost us relegation by himself he must have cost us 10 to 15 points and is the main reason we are where we are. Time and time again he has messed up allowing the opposition rob him and score. Im not saying we deserve to stay up bcus the whole team has been poor this season but with those 10 t0 15 points we might have just stayed up

Tangs has been playing really well since SOD gave him the centre half slot, what would he be like with a decent defender along side him and not Fontaine who is very week in defence, his fault the Wednesday Goal he is slow and for reason has disengaged his footballing brain, perhaps it goes in line with the Southampton Saga when they decided not to sign him..

Get a decent central defender to play with Tangs.

Archived