IGNORED

Warnock As Director Of Football ?

jjcarrera1974

Never in a million years would it happen so it doesn't require any more discussion.

Warnock's style is so dated. He is not hugely respected within the game and he is always a short term fix. He is a championship manager at best so why bother? In SoD we have the forward thinking intelligent manager to take us forward in the long run.

The Bristol City way.

Never in a million years would it happen so it doesn't require any more discussion.

Warnock's style is so dated. He is not hugely respected within the game and he is always a short term fix. He is a championship manager at best so why bother? In SoD we have the forward thinking intelligent manager to take us forward in the long run.

The Bristol City way.

Struck head nail on.

The Bristol City way.

What is the "Bristol City way"?.... 30+ years of following the club and I don't know.

I'm serious, what is the "Bristol City way"? To my mind we lurch from one idea to another whilst not getting anywhere.

What is the "Bristol City way"?.... 30+ years of following the club and I don't know.

I'm serious, what is the "Bristol City way"? To my mind we lurch from one idea to another whilst not getting anywhere.

It's something SOD touched upon as part of his job here, to develop this.

So long as the Bristol city way does not include dinosaurs like Warnock it's good enough for me.

As JT said, it's something SoD spoke about after the Easter weekend.

Like you have just mentioned, we have not really got anywhere in recent years. On or off the pitch.

The club has had no direction, no forward thinking ideas implemented or structure that would enable us to move in the direction we want to be.

This has to change and changing the way we do things as a club is clearly a long term priority for SoD.

As JT said, it's something SoD spoke about after the Easter weekend.

Like you have just mentioned, we have not really got anywhere in recent years. On or off the pitch.

The club has had no direction, no forward thinking ideas implemented or structure that would enable us to move in the direction we want to be.

This has to change and changing the way we do things as a club is clearly a long term priority for SoD.

I like and understand your point (and Jordan's previous). I also heard SOD's excellent comments - he's refreshing. Trouble is football managers talking about long term plans is a bit of a joke. On average they last less than 2 years.

It's the club, not the manager, who should broadly dictate the philosophy and appoint staff who will buy into and advance that philosophy. That's the modern and (in my opinion) correct way to do things. Look at Swansea. Problem is we don't have a Huw Jenkins guiding the ship with a plan and vision. If we did we wouldn't lurch from appointing experienced managers to up and coming coaches and back again. From spending millions to spending nothing and back again. We won't be investing millions in an academy and not utilising it.

SOD talks like a DoF and maybe that's how he should be re-deployed when his managerial time is up here in however many months or years. That might start some much needed continuity. Not sure that will ever happen but one thing most on here seem to agree on is that the current board lacks footballing nouce - a silly state of affairs for any football club.

I like and understand your point (and Jordan's previous). I also heard SOD's excellent comments - he's refreshing. Trouble is football managers talking about long term plans is a bit of a joke. On average they last less than 2 years.

It's the club, not the manager, who should broadly dictate the philosophy and appoint staff who will buy into and advance that philosophy. That's the modern and (in my opinion) correct way to do things. Look at Swansea. Problem is we don't have a Huw Jenkins guiding the ship with a plan and vision. If we did we wouldn't lurch from appointing experienced managers to up and coming coaches and back again. From spending millions to spending nothing and back again. We won't be investing millions in an academy and not utilising it.

SOD talks like a DoF and maybe that's how he should be re-deployed when his managerial time is up here in however many months or years. That might start some much needed continuity. Not sure that will ever happen but one thing most on here seem to agree on is that the current board lacks footballing nouce - a silly state of affairs for any football club.

I agree with all of what you say mate.

But in order for the club to do all of the above requirements, they also need a manager that buys into the same ideas and can implement them to be effective.

Your right in saying the club should be dictating the way we go and with what philosophy, and hopefully we are on the right track now. It needs to be an approach within the club going forward. Hopefully SoD is the final piece of the jigsaw.

Archived