IGNORED

Lewin Nyatanga

real_bristol

Not sure what his contract situation is but wouldn't be surprised to see him kept on for League 1 football. You would hope that after 3-400 odd games of League football the penny starts dropping at some point.

The problem we've had is being too faithfull to too many players for too long. Fair he was good on Saturday and the penny may be dropping but I say get ruthless and get rid. No more ..st,nd,rd,th chances

Not sure what his contract situation is but wouldn't be surprised to see him kept on for League 1 football. You would hope that after 3-400 odd games of League football the penny starts dropping at some point.

It will be at least another couple of seasons before he reaches that figure.

Are you sure? I thought he has played at least around the 300 mark because I remember thinking that was an achievement for someone his age. Could be wrong though!!

Just over 200. Still not bad for a 24 year old TBF.

Really not sure about keeping him though.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41919

He's rubbish! Should have burried the opportunity he had against Wednesday!

But seriously, he is one player from the older guard that I wouldn't mind keeping (if obviously the wages are correct) SOD seems to have got his confidence up and in return is putting in some decent performances.

Can't imagine him being on massive money. I would have thought Fontaine, if anyone will have him, will definitely be going through the exit door first. Closely followed by "our most creative player" Skuse who cannot possibly justify his increased wage demands based on anything he has produced over the last couple of seasons.

Likewise Gerken - if Heaton signs then he's history but if his intention is to stay at Championship level we may end up keeping Gerken.

Cannot see the mass clearout that many are looking for. SOD will have a say for a start!!

Can't imagine him being on massive money. I would have thought Fontaine, if anyone will have him, will definitely be going through the exit door first. Closely followed by "our most creative player" Skuse who cannot possibly justify his increased wage demands based on anything he has produced over the last couple of seasons.

Likewise Gerken - if Heaton signs then he's history but if his intention is to stay at Championship level we may end up keeping Gerken.

Cannot see the mass clearout that many are looking for. SOD will have a say for a start!!

the 9 or 10 out of contract if not one of those are retained then its a mass clearout,

not to mention the young lads in the devlopment squad who are out of contract theres a fair few of those as well

Agree re. Skuse and the goalkeeping situation.

I doubt SO'D was left under any illusions at interview what the outcome would be regarding shedding players if we went down.

He took the job with his eyes wide open in that respect and will have been planning accordingly.

I can't see any point in keeping Gerken. If Heaton doesn't stay hopefully we'll find a decent replacement.

I can't see any point in keeping Gerken. If Heaton doesn't stay hopefully we'll find a decent replacement.

I can't see a point in keeping gerken even if heaton leaves, we're better off playing Lewis Carey in goal Gerken is rubbish

I can't see a point in keeping gerken even if heaton leaves, we're better off playing Lewis Carey in goal Gerken is rubbish

Lucky we had him at the end of last season - the form of Gerken, Amougou and Stead in the run in was essential to our survival.

Lucky we had him at the end of last season - the form of Gerken, Amougou and Stead in the run in was essential to our survival.

it was more Bikey and Fontaine limiting chances going in at him then actually gerken imo,

I thought Basso was over rated and never really was a fan of his but gerken isn't fit to lick his boats,

If heaton leaves and I am expecting him too then I hope we sign a replacement as I don't trust gerken at all, rather us resign steve phillips to be honest

it was more Bikey and Fontaine limiting chances going in at him then actually gerken imo,

I thought Basso was over rated and never really was a fan of his but gerken isn't fit to lick his boats,

If heaton leaves and I am expecting him too then I hope we sign a replacement as I don't trust gerken at all, rather us resign steve phillips to be honest

The little man in his boat ??

The problem we've had is being too faithfull to too many players for too long. Fair he was good on Saturday and the penny may be dropping but I say get ruthless and get rid. No more ..st,nd,rd,th chances

But realistically, who would we be able to attract in league 1...

A) As good as him

B) His age... hes only 23/24...

Nyatanga is definitely worth keeping IF we go down!

Poor player, anyone see how we kept hoofing it in the same corner where that 6 ft 7 Sheffield wednesday bloke was? Guess who he was hoofing it to.. sam baldock!

And the managers tactics had nothing to do with that then... Hmmmm!

People give Nyatanga a hard time, hes a decent player, especially in league 1! no point in cutting our nose off to spite our face!

I would get rid of every centre half on our books apart from the youth players and start again. Obviously that means that we need to sign 4 centre backs in the summer which is unrealistic. If we have to keep one then it has to be Nyatanga.

I cannot see Heaton going to another Championship side as he doesn't seem to want to sit on the bench. There aren't many sides, if any, that he would get into.

Gerken will probably be our number one this season if Heaton won't take a pay cut.

Gerken made crucial outstanding saves in a number of games at the end of last season - even if you've made up your mind you don't like/rate him, there's no disputing that.

Gerken made crucial outstanding saves in a number of games at the end of last season - even if you've made up your mind you don't like/rate him, there's no disputing that.

Could not agree more. Whilst Woods' penalty won the match for us against Forest, the number of saves Gerken made during that match most definitely prevented us from losing.

The man deserves a lot of credit for accepting his role as, what seems to be, a permanent number two keeper here (yes there's the argument about sitting on his butt earning a shed load) and never kicking up a fuss.

Sadly, much like we will/have criticised Fontaine's performance against Wednesday, no one can deny the game he had against Leicester was painful to watch.

And the managers tactics had nothing to do with that then... Hmmmm!

People give Nyatanga a hard time, hes a decent player, especially in league 1! no point in cutting our nose off to spite our face!

Nyatanga's been hoofing the ball up into the air for no reason for about 4 years now, nothing to do with SOD

Nyatanga's been hoofing the ball up into the air for no reason for about 4 years now, nothing to do with SOD

Hes improved so much though in 4 years, hes a different player from the one i saw join us and hes still only 24? it would make little sense getting rid, simply because you don't like him hoofing the ball... hes a solid defender and would be a real asset in league 1! plus i still believe that its not JUST him deciding to hoof the ball, other factors come into play as most players in our team are guilty of doing that too! plus our midfield are so useless they never present a decent opportunity for our back line to pass to, at feet or into space!

Archived