IGNORED

Well Done Gj

myol'man

The first 3 years were pretty special.

But the last 6 months were the opposite, the loan situation became a farce.

The most farcical one was when we got a Wolves striker on loan ( Vokes ?) who got injured, GJ then went straight back to Wolves and got another striker on loan ( Marhoffer) who was shocking.

We must have used about 10 different strike pairings in GJ's last few months.

Then we had the spankings at home 6 past us by Cardiff and 5 by a SO'D managed Doncaster who took us to pieces.

GJ is a decent manager when things are running smoothly,when they aren't he turns into a gambler.

Hi Folks from YTFC. I like reading the City forum from time to time and I'm sorry you find yourselves in the position you do. I'm really not thinking about promotion, if it happens, it happens but whatever happens GJ has done miracles on probably the smallest budget in the league. Of course even just one season in the Championship would be an amazing achievement for a club our size.

We are good going forward and Madden scores goals for fun, but with Jamie McAllistair out currently with an ankle injury, our defensive frailties are all too apparent at times. When he plays, we are solid at the back, when he doesn't, we struggle. He may not have much pace. but his reading of the game and organisational skills at the back were very much the driving force behind the 8 game winning run we had. I hope we can get him fit for the playoffs, and saying that we have won the last two without him. I'd probably get slated for this on my own forum, but to me, he is as important as Madden to the team.

It would not surprise me either, if the Gas somehow managed to sneak into that last playoff spot. John Ward has done well for them, they seem to be on fire at the moment.

I must say I'd prefer to meet you in the Championship next season. Good luck in your remaining fixtures

Archived