IGNORED

Sod In Div 1

NewquayRed

of course why not? this isnt his mess atleast give him a chance to get the players he wants to rebuild this club lets not forget were still unbeaten at home at ashton gate under him if were doing that in league 1 we will have a good season

Are we happy with the idea of the current manager staying on come the end of the season?

Many are , and in fairness he sounds like he knows what he wants to do. But , as I've just asked on another thread , can anyone remember a worse run of away form under any manager?

Is it down to the crap playing squad or tactics? It's something to think about for sure.

Are we happy with the idea of the current manager staying on come the end of the season?

Put it this way, there was only one way SOD was ever getting us out of this division, and that wasn't up.

Similarly, listened to most of his interviews, have tried to understand the rationale for failing to start with our best player, but cant. I dont see him getting us out of division 3.

It's the usual thing with new managers. At which point do they become accountable for results? You certainly couldn't pin the blame on SOD for this season. However, could we have expected more from the last month?

The time to judge will be next year.

Although I really can't help but contrast last season's inspirational escape under McInnes with this season's rather drab whimper.

I get the feeling relegation has more or less been tacitly accepted for a while now. It's shocking to think that something won so doggedly, has been given up so easily.

Sacking So'd would be disastrous going into L1, he is the perfect manager to help us re-build, and constantly chopping and changing in these past few years has had terrible effects. We need some stability into the club, it's done wonders for the likes of Reading, Wigan and even Man. United!

If players can't control the ball or pass it 5 yards to a teammate, then you haven't got much chance in any division of the FL.

SOD will try to get players in during the summer that are comfortable on the ball and not treat it like a hot potato.

If players can't control the ball or pass it 5 yards to a teammate, then you haven't got much chance in any division of the FL.

SOD will try to get players in during the summer that are comfortable on the ball and not treat it like a hot potato.

I hope that's what he tries to do.

He needs to be given a chance and I like what he says. This is not his mess.

However the real acid test for me is whether he gets rid or puts up with the same old players that have failed us now for so long.

Is it just a succession of bad managers ? I think it is lack of proper investment by the board (certainly the last couple of seasons ) to be able to compete at this level . Whether they can properly invest because of the debt I don't know, but I don't think we can blame Mcinnes or O'driscoll because they were handicapped before they started .

It would take quite a few millions to change this pish squad into a squad who could compete .

He has got a lot more out of the shower of shite that he inherited than DM ever did. He has not dipped into the loan market and has got a team of under performers kind of performing.

I think he will do OK in league one and I am more than happy to have him steering the ship. He has a good footballing brain and I am sure a few players have their cards marked.

Put it this way, there was only one way SOD was ever getting us out of this division, and that wasn't up.

Similarly, listened to most of his interviews, have tried to understand the rationale for failing to start with our best player, but cant. I dont see him getting us out of division 3.

You are basing this on nothing.

He had a short while of the last transfer window, and a loan window, but we are lead to believe he chose not to improve.

I'm 100% behind him and he does deserve time to shape his own team. That said, I do not agree with some of his statements and am not entirely behind his 'cotton-wool' like approach to players. Whilst generally I think this is good, if we were to stay up this season I felt we needed a 'hand-grenade' manager, and he isn't that. So when appointed I personally felt the writing was on the wall and that we'd be going down (although not as resoundingly and without a whimper as we are) but had hoped stylistically we'd improve.

To me it feels like the early McInnes reign as in McInnes could do little wrong and it would all be Keith's fault if we went. To be brutally honest if I was a betting man, I'd be punting on his reign ending a la McInnes. No-one can say he hasn't made baffling decisions/looked slow to react/ inept in tactics (away from home) and almost everything else levelled @ Del.

Personally I think he could be a good manager for us but expect he'll need 18 months more of unfloundering support. That said if he treated us as he did Crawley and went I wouldn't weep so long as we got a nasty git in next. I think he'd have been ideal post-Coppell or post-Johnson but when the going is tough I'm not so sure. With someone to galvanise and get us identity and an us and them attitude I'd LOVE Warnock in (even though I hate him). I think he is the bloke to take us by the scruff of the neck and really unite the fans even though as opposition he's detestable. Once that 'tactic' has worn off and we want a student to kick us on I think SOD is up there.

I can't help but genuinely feel right-man-wrong-time.

I hope that's what he tries to do.

He needs to be given a chance and I like what he says. This is not his mess.

However the real acid test for me is whether he gets rid or puts up with the same old players that have failed us now for so long.

Correct. If he puts his trust in the utter wasters who've helped get us into this mess,, then he'll fully deserve the sack when they get him it in a year or so's time.

A guy called Stuart Parsons on Twitter has had a rather unpleasant encounter with him this evening. I won't publish what he's said but if you want to see for yourself, go to @stuparsons1

If he's the guy talking to sod at the front then it was certainly an unpleasant exchange - with sod having an unnecessary aggressive pop at the guy.

He had a short while of the last transfer window, and a loan window, but we are lead to believe he chose not to improve.

I'm 100% behind him and he does deserve time to shape his own team. That said, I do not agree with some of his statements and am not entirely behind his 'cotton-wool' like approach to players. Whilst generally I think this is good, if we were to stay up this season I felt we needed a 'hand-grenade' manager, and he isn't that. So when appointed I personally felt the writing was on the wall and that we'd be going down (although not as resoundingly and without a whimper as we are) but had hoped stylistically we'd improve.

To me it feels like the early McInnes reign as in McInnes could do little wrong and it would all be Keith's fault if we went. To be brutally honest if I was a betting man, I'd be punting on his reign ending a la McInnes. No-one can say he hasn't made baffling decisions/looked slow to react/ inept in tactics (away from home) and almost everything else levelled @ Del.

Personally I think he could be a good manager for us but expect he'll need 18 months more of unfloundering support. That said if he treated us as he did Crawley and went I wouldn't weep so long as we got a nasty git in next. I think he'd have been ideal post-Coppell or post-Johnson but when the going is tough I'm not so sure. With someone to galvanise and get us identity and an us and them attitude I'd LOVE Warnock in (even though I hate him). I think he is the bloke to take us by the scruff of the neck and really unite the fans even though as opposition he's detestable. Once that 'tactic' has worn off and we want a student to kick us on I think SOD is up there.

I can't help but genuinely feel right-man-wrong-time.

Brilliant post. We need a fresh start, Warnock's available and the man for the job. The majority won't agree and will believe we'll pass our way Barca style out of L1.

@stuparsons1
Worse was to come after general chat i said how i attend every home/away game
he responded i dont care its not my time, its yours!

@stuparson1
1 why has this team got so little abillity
the team has been here our whole
championship tendor
he replied we are a basket team!

If these comments are true then that is ******* disgusting and i don't want O'Driscoll anywhere near this football club.

@stuparsons1

Worse was to come after general chat i said how i attend every home/away game

he responded i dont care its not my time, its yours!

@stuparson1

1 why has this team got so little abillity

the team has been here our whole

championship tendor

he replied we are a basket team!

If these comments are true then that is ******* disgusting and i don't want O'Driscoll anywhere near this football club.

What's it to you? You don't support it anymore.

Archived