IGNORED

I Am Becomming Sick Of Sod's Ramblings

Dorset_Cider

There's a Shankley quote stating that he preferred to keep communication simple so that nothing's lost in interpretation. I had a little look but couldn't find it.

Can't help thinking SOD would do well to follow his example. It's not that people aren't capable of understanding what he's saying, it's just we're pissed off as it is and this is football not ethics, logic or epistemology.

He has my backing, it is a shame that it's just another role of the dice from the board - they're the ones who need to put a footballing philosophy for the club in place (unfortunately I'd have more faith in my Mother doing that, though - bless her) but he'd do himself a favour if he'd talk on a more surperficial level, not so deep.

Doesn't seem to be his personality, though.

Possible case of aspergers?

Don't go all Sean O'Driscoll on me, explain yourself man. Layman's terms, please.

Not a very good team..... spending season after season in much the same position.........where do we go from here...... not back to the lake (I fear)

Simple enough and you are right to mention the board....... if they don't back him we will be back to where we once belonged for sure safe in the knowledge that we will not progress

Ah ah ah ah ah...... ah ah ah ah ah ah ah here we go?

Yeh get meh?

Love Plus One (Haircut 100)

No...... I'll shut the F up then :)

History tells us that Rome was not built in a day and taken that that this is true, we are going to have to face that our club will not be turned around in half or even one/two seasons (maybe even more).

The point about Rome is...... it really was not built in a day, not to say that that because of this it did not become a great city but it had small beginnings and the greatness was built up over a number of years and sometimes great cities have to be burnt down, be rebuilt to become great again. Decline & fall/Rise from the ashes etc.

Indeed, Rome was not built in a day ... but as an old fella I once knew was very fond of saying "it wouldn't be there now if some bugger hadn't started it!" ...

... of course, it isn't entirely clear whether the bloke that did start building Rome knew where it would all lead to but he must have been working to some kind of plan, surely? ...

... as far as this particular City goes, let's all hope that SO'D proves to be the man with a plan we have been waiting so long for.

Not a very good team..... spending season after season in much the same position.........where do we go from here...... not back to the lake (I fear)

Simple enough and you are right to mention the board....... if they don't back him we will be back to where we once belonged for sure safe in the knowledge that we will not progress

Ah ah ah ah ah...... ah ah ah ah ah ah ah here we go?

Yeh get meh?

Love Plus One (Haircut 100)

No...... I'll shut the F up then :)

The simplest way I can explain it is this:

Heavens ladder loosened and swayed

and he didn't know if he was climbing up or down

He was in a dark congealing tunnel

In a room that was no room

Was he breathing or just remembering

what the motions of breathing had been?

If you're reading Sean, unlikely I'm sure but I hope I'm on your level now and have not overly simplified anything.

• Admin

This is what the Candian Womens Manager John Herdman said after their defeat to England over the weekend

"It was a pretty boring game of football to be honest. We weren't at the races.

"I was surprised at the lack of creativity and spark from Canada.

"As a performance, England were the better team, they looked that bit brighter. We both struggled to break each other's box down but in the last 20 minutes England had that bit more quality off the bench."

Would that be better ?

Indeed, Rome was not built in a day ... but as an old fella I once knew was very fond of saying "it wouldn't be there now if some bugger hadn't started it!" ...

... of course, it isn't entirely clear whether the bloke that did start building Rome knew where it would all lead to but he must have been working to some kind of plan, surely? ...

... as far as this particular City goes, let's all hope that SO'D proves to be the man with a plan we have been waiting so long for.

Ironically enough, Rome probably wasn't built to any kind of plan, more by building whatever was needed wherever it would fit and tacking bits on here and there over the centuries.

A better choice if you want a plan might be "Milton Keynes wasn't built in a day" but I think most people would rather have Rome than Milton Keynes. Which just goes to show the trouble you can get into with metaphors.

This is what the Candian Womens Manager John Herdman said after their defeat to England over the weekend

"It was a pretty boring game of football to be honest. We weren't at the races.

"I was surprised at the lack of creativity and spark from Canada.

"As a performance, England were the better team, they looked that bit brighter. We both struggled to break each other's box down but in the last 20 minutes England had that bit more quality off the bench."

Would that be better ?

Dirty devils.

Archived