IGNORED

Pitman

leadman

I was not bothered that he went, was lazy.

The B'mth manager has made it clear, he has mentioned in the press that many fans may think Brett has the wrong body language but is totally committed.

Something that some slated Brett for at BCFC and commented that he was lazy........ blah blah blah........ our loss I'd say.

Brett and not a lot of service = nothing much.

I'm still not convinced AFC B'mth will go up and if they do it's all as long as the Russian money stays...... in the end I think it would end in tears for AFC B'mth

That said it does say something if a minno like AFC B'mth does go up...... why when compared to the Mighty Bristol City FC are we going down (but we kind of know why don't we?)

Playing under 2 tactically inept managers and coaches.

So they were on the pitch with him I guess!

He may well be scoring League 1 goals against the likes of Bury and Shrewsbury, but it's a different game against Championship clubs.

Like it ir not,the facts are that only time he previously scored a lot of goals was in League 2.

So they were on the pitch with him I guess!

He may well be scoring League 1 goals against the likes of Bury and Shrewsbury, but it's a different game against Championship clubs.

Like it ir not,the facts are that only time he previously scored a lot of goals was in League 2.

They were dictating the tactics, one them liked him to play wide left FFS, his record is 1 goal every 4 games for us and given the fact that our midfield has been about as productive as tits on a hog and most of his supply came from the scud missiles launched from our even more inept defence, I think that is quite an achievement to be fair.

in recent seasons successive managers and coaches have totally ****** up one striker, almost ****** up another, one got out in time and is the one now being debated and 2 others are well on the way to being ****** up, because the tactical geniuses believe they are so brilliant they can change the way these strikers play and what has made them successful.

However the way things are going we will have a better idea about his scoring prowess next season in a team set up to play to his strengths by a coach who understands those strengths.

He's better off at Bournemouth.

He'll be better off with them in the Championship (if they win promotion) than he ever was with us. He's played and trusted week in week out.

Players don't turn it on at every club and realise money isn't more important than happiness. L1 may not be his level, look at Rickie Lambert and Grant Holt - could they do it for other clubs at their current level, probably not.

It was always obvious that we would regret selling Brett. His form can't come as surprise to the people that truly acknowledged his quality, instead of noticing that he was slow and immediately assuming that makes him lazy. Sure, he wasn't a work-horse but I would say he was lazy. Intelligent off the ball, great link-up play and probably the best finisher I've witnessed at Ashton Gate. The signing of Steve Davies was pointless in my opinion. He's a similar player to Brett but lacks the quality in comparison.

Brett got the last laugh though, good for him.

I always liked Pitman, he had class in and around the box, if lacking a bit of pace.

I thought we could of used him to more effect, making the opposition worry about us instead of just worrying about how we were going to cope against them.

The nail firmley struck on the head!

Yes it looks stupid now selling a bloke who scored for fun in a league we're going in to.

But score 6 goals in 30 games last season. NOT a championship player, plods around the field like Davies does, looking UN-interested.

But fairplay to the lad, sure the right move for him since we're swapping positions next season

Funny how getting support and affirmation makes a player produce goals eh yet on another thread booing is supposed to make our players feel the love, you could not make it up. I wonder how old some of the posters are because they sounds very churlish and naive. Fair play to Pitman. He must be very relieved to be out of it with us

Insightful insight, there.

Think we all know that there's something in the water at City.

Hope mentality and spirit take an upturn sooner rather than later. Could be a case of grinding out a few hard fought 0-0 away draws as an analogy for the next couple years.

As for the politics, I don't think SL is gonna leave us ******. Another thing is no one ever puts forward a sensible alternative. His takeover of the club is almost like he's just really good at monopoly. Wouldn't be surprised if just by the law of average he'd end up taking us up given long enough at the helm. Things ebb and flow.

Sick of all these comments saying how we shouldn't have sold Pitman every time he scores. He already proved he could at that level - that's why we signed him!

Whether you rate him or no, judge him on how he did here. How many goals he scores for Bournemouth in league 1 is irrelevant.

Probably the worst thing Mcinnes did whilst at City, was getting rid of Brett.

The worst thing McInnes did was accept the job...........second to that was his inability to purchase what would have been a decisive factor......a ball winner/distributor to run the back four.....that allied to the fact that he was tactically inept..........just proves what a poor level most Scottish league football is.

My guess is that some of the people saying we should have kept Brett are the same ones who said we should have got rid!

Surely he had a touch of class, but his lack of work rate is why he was sold. Maybe he can get away with that in L1.

We never expected to be there ourselves next season. Did we?

At the end of the 2010/11 campaign Pitman and Stead looked as if they could form a good partnership together. They had a very good understanding of one another and their link-up play was excellent. Pitman also scored a fair few goals when he got a sustained run in the team, his form over the Christmas period and just after was exceptional. However the next season we reverted back to Nicky, employing him up top alone and resulting in Brett being forced wide left (Cardiff away) or simply on the bench. He was a good player, with decent link-up play and an eye for goal. He never really had a chance, and as I've said when he did get a run of games he scored a lot of goals. I'm not surprised he's doing so well in League 1 and he could do very well in the Championship if given a real chance. The fact that McInnes was so insistent on signing two new strikers when we already had Pitman was very strange, and just another poor decision in a list of errors from the Scot.

Some people here implying he's only scoring goals now because he's in League One. In his first season for us he was our top scorer with 13 goals from 21 starts. Admittedly he wasn't much of a team player but a shame we got rid of him just before SO'D took over who'd already worked with him at Bournemouth. His scoring record even better when you consider sometimes he was played out wide or up front on his own. McInnes didn't get the best from him.

No Burnley werent, that was complete fabrication and you are reliang on hear'say.

They wanted him for over a year, Intitally Millen was going to sell him if we could get in Martin Waghogn from Leicester (but feel through)

Last summer they wanted him again but weren't will to pay the quoted 500k, here's one of the many links out there

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9910941.Pitman_still_an_option_for_Burnley/

Archived