IGNORED

Loan Watch

marcofisher

Had a little look on the respective forums at our loanies.

Bryan:

After Yesterdays match:

"Please please please please please let us keep him. Best wide player we've had in years."

"Outstanding yesterday, looked a class above this league. Terrific prospect"

"I thought he was the difference yesterday in that he has the ability to unlock defences and boy, did he:)"

"he had a decent debut and has got better and better."

One performance doesn't mean all but positive signs, maybe we wont need to buy an Adomah replacement in league one?

Bobby Reid

After Yesterdays Match

"Played full game today too lightweight for this division and had a poor first half should of been one of the players subbed but in fairness was not the only player not putting up a fight today"

The next guy replied to him: "I couldn't disagree more. Goes to show it's all about opinions."

"Today full match, first half good intermittently, couple of good runs and good crosses. Struggled to support an equally immature full back. Second half on left wing was stronger. Some good runs and crosses and one fabulous chance where he did well but was thwarted by a very good save. Promise there, we shall see."

"This was the only player from the first 11 to actually try and take the fight to carlise.. dont think hes a natural winger but he went on one great run but got 0 support from his team mates. Looks a decent player "
Sounds like played a bit out of position, his first start I believe so hard to judge, glad to see him getting league 1 experience though.....
Wes Burns
"I heard a quote from a neutral who attended the Grimsby game "Wes Burns, easily the best player on the pitch, Rovers are lucky to have him on their books"
"No-one could quibble with Burns picking up MOTM. He is a class act and one of the best loaners since Jonny Haynes graced the Old Lawn turf."
" I thought Green, Taylor and Burns all had good games with latter probably deserving motm as he consistently looked a threat"
Good signs for our Loanies

Sounds good, all vital experience.

For me, Burns is the most likely to be a success with us.

Bryan has not looked out of place in the Championship, so on that basis i would say he is the most promising, however, cant wait to see more of Burns, his goal scoring record in the games that he has played is second to none!

Bryan has not looked out of place in the Championship, so on that basis i would say he is the most promising, however, cant wait to see more of Burns, his goal scoring record in the games that he has played is second to none!

I think Bryan has looked steady for us, better at left back though. It's difficult as I would expect him to shine at Plymouth dropping two leagues. I think next season is huge for him.

As for Burns, electric pace and I would like to see him used a lot more next year. He should be one of our 4 strikers for next year.

I think Bryan has looked steady for us, better at left back though. It's difficult as I would expect him to shine at Plymouth dropping two leagues. I think next season is huge for him.

As for Burns, electric pace and I would like to see him used a lot more next year. He should be one of our 4 strikers for next year.

There isn't much difference between league 1 and 2 these days, so i wouldn't worry about it! and yes i agree, the boy has a bright future, hopefully the powers that be agree with us and he isn't shipped out to another league two side next year! we need to start building the squad around OUR youth.

Thank god for some positive news for a change! The youth player I'm most interested in is Kevin Krans as he is being chased by Chelsea and could be a star in the making.

http://m.thisisbristol.co.uk/story.html?aid=18124858

Krans has since signed an 18 month deal and we'd get compensation if Chelsea came back in for him. He's 20 now so you'd be hoping if he's that good that next season he'll be breaking into the first team...

We managed to beat off competition from Liverpool for Joe Morrell if i remember rightly? hes very, very highly rated! however i think hes only about 17 so may not be ready for first team football yet!

If he's good enough then get him playing, at city were always to reluctant, age does not seem to stop other clubs.

By all accounts Burns made a good start but hasn't impressed in recent games and was out injured yesterday.

"strikers and too much trying to put it on plate for people or yes C32 trying to pass the ball in from outside the box - unbelievably poor. Even Burns seems to have fallen into the disinterested camp. Very little to cheer except Eddie's mazy runs down the wing and some urgency but no greater ..."

"Oshodi was good as was most of the back 4, but apart from Green who ran his socks off, the midfield and attack were not good enough today. Burns was poor, and was OJ when he came on."

Morrell is only just 16 so maybe a little young to feature yet.

Agree with both comments here. Needs to get in the 21s first but having watched the footage from the Denmark tour seems to offer the creativity in the center of midfield that we're desperate for.

By all accounts Burns made a good start but hasn't impressed in recent games and was out injured yesterday.

"strikers and too much trying to put it on plate for people or yes C32 trying to pass the ball in from outside the box - unbelievably poor. Even Burns seems to have fallen into the disinterested camp. Very little to cheer except Eddie's mazy runs down the wing and some urgency but no greater ..."

"Oshodi was good as was most of the back 4, but apart from Green who ran his socks off, the midfield and attack were not good enough today. Burns was poor, and was OJ when he came on."

Has played 4 games, came on as sub in first game and scored the winner, second game he was awarded mom

3rd game they won 2-0 at ebbsfleet came off with 15 mins to go, so maybe not at the races entirely there, but

Last game he played. Was v telford see quote below

So not that shabby, but I suppose its all about opinions

Was injured yesterday and they lost at tamworth !

Re: Match News from The New Lawn (AFC Telford)

... only 10 minutes we could see that it was going to be a hard slog Liked wes burns - great player and reece conolly looks a good player. Where it all fell down was the ...

v telford quote.

Has played 4 games, came on as sub in first game and scored the winner, second game he was awarded mom

3rd game they won 2-0 at ebbsfleet came off with 15 mins to go, so maybe not at the races entirely there, but

Last game he played. Was v telford see quote below

So not that shabby, but I suppose its all about opinions

Was injured yesterday and they lost at tamworth !

Re: Match News from The New Lawn (AFC Telford)

... only 10 minutes we could see that it was going to be a hard slog Liked wes burns - great player and reece conolly looks a good player. Where it all fell down was the ...

v telford quote.

It's been a bit of a meteoric rise for Wes. I watched him last season and never thought he was one to watch. Don't forget he's also done well for Wales. Not sure he's got the allround game but definitely a talent.

Burns. Rovers are lucky to have him. Apparently

Aye, Forest Green Rovers, I think you may have missed the point and thought they were on about the Gas..... just like i did when I first read it :)

Of course it would help if Dave "Wackaday" Hockaday played Burns at CF or RW rather than out on the LW where he gets long balls punted in his general direction.

The wheels have come off at FGR and he's come in to the team at an unfortunate time. I hope it hasn't dented his confidence too much. Words were exchanged yesterday apparently and the rumours are that SOD wasn't impressed how he was being used against Hereford on Wed when SOD was watching. Played on left wing and subbed after about 70 mins.

Of course it would help if Dave "Wackaday" Hockaday played Burns at CF or RW rather than out on the LW where he gets long balls punted in his general direction.

The wheels have come off at FGR and he's come in to the team at an unfortunate time. I hope it hasn't dented his confidence too much. Words were exchanged yesterday apparently and the rumours are that SOD wasn't impressed how he was being used against Hereford on Wed when SOD was watching. Played on left wing and subbed after about 70 mins.

With tactics like that it sounds like Hockaday may have learnt the game at Bristol City. I'm sorry to hear that Burns isn't being best used and also that FGR have blown it somewhat. Thanks for the update regardless.

I was there Tuesday and Wes did indeed have a poor game. Shame cos SOD was their watching also. I did wonder why he (Burns) played on the wing especially with the highly rated Norwood and Taylor both out up top. Ive enjoyed my visits to to the New Lawn this season. Great beer great good food cheap entereance (wth a City ST) and a decent standard of football. Ive been particularly impressed with Turley & Norwood. The likes of Oshodi & Rachine have also caught my eye. What's your opinion of these?

Archived