IGNORED

Loan Watch

marcofisher

I was there Tuesday and Wes did indeed have a poor game. Shame cos SOD was their watching also. I did wonder why he (Burns) played on the wing especially with the highly rated Norwood and Taylor both out up top. Ive enjoyed my visits to to the New Lawn this season. Great beer great good food cheap entereance (wth a City ST) and a decent standard of football. Ive been particularly impressed with Turley & Norwood. The likes of Oshodi & Rachine have also caught my eye. What's your opinion of these?

I have to admit, I've barely been to games this season. Changing the strip from B&W stripes to Ecotricity green (a la Cardiff) after 100 years was the final straw for me.

Norwood seems to have knuckled down this season, plenty of talent but a real attitude problem last season, coupled with a lack of goals, put him in the last chance saloon and a drink drving conviction didn't help. This season though he's been by far the best player and has scored plenty of goals for a wide player. I think the drunk drive conviction straightened his mind out. Reckon he could play League 2 maybe /League 1 quite easily. He's the one attacker who suits the 4-3-3 that the manager blindly plays every game.

Turley is big strong and quick for a defender but prone to the odd blunder / red mist. Probably at his natural level although he is still young.

Oshodi is class and is someone City should have been keeping tabs on. Good physical presence and pretty unflappable in centre of defence. One of those players who always seems to have a bit of extra time. I've seen 2 defenders at FGR who went on to play Premier League / Championship football (Leon Cort and Adam Lockwood) and I reckon Oshodi is the equal of them. Recently Hockaday has tried him in midfield for reasons only he can explain and he's striggled there wihich may have affected his confidence a bit.

Racine I've not seen enough of to make any judgement.

I have to admit, I've barely been to games this season. Changing the strip from B&W stripes to Ecotricity green (a la Cardiff) after 100 years was the final straw for me.

Norwood seems to have knuckled down this season, plenty of talent but a real attitude problem last season, coupled with a lack of goals, put him in the last chance saloon and a drink drving conviction didn't help. This season though he's been by far the best player and has scored plenty of goals for a wide player. I think the drunk drive conviction straightened his mind out. Reckon he could play League 2 maybe /League 1 quite easily. He's the one attacker who suits the 4-3-3 that the manager blindly plays every game.

Turley is big strong and quick for a defender but prone to the odd blunder / red mist. Probably at his natural level although he is still young.

Oshodi is class and is someone City should have been keeping tabs on. Good physical presence and pretty unflappable in centre of defence. One of those players who always seems to have a bit of extra time. I've seen 2 defenders at FGR who went on to play Premier League / Championship football (Leon Cort and Adam Lockwood) and I reckon Oshodi is the equal of them. Recently Hockaday has tried him in midfield for reasons only he can explain and he's striggled there wihich may have affected his confidence a bit.

Okay, I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking

Are the chips still heavenly?

Would really hope we are aware of him! Going by what you and other Forest Green fans have said he sounds a real athlete, but also decent on the ball as well, and only 21. Wonder if they would take Fontaine in exchange :pray:

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5991

Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

Turley can be excused for the odd lapse/blunder. Like you said he's young and plenty of time to improve. Every time I've seen him (albeit only about 5/6 times) he's been immaculate. Good in the air strong quick and no coincidence to me your lack of form coincided with his injury recently. Looks an influential figure to me. Turley (who i believe is OOC end of season?), Oshodi & the skilfull Norwood are definitely playing beyond their level. I would love BCFC to take a chance on these three and as said earlier SOD was their last Tuesday so im hoping he took note (although he'll have to come back to see Norwood in action).

Rachine if he stays fit wll shine next season i feel, one to look out for.

Would really hope we are aware of him! Going by what you and other Forest Green fans have said he sounds a real athlete, but also decent on the ball as well, and only 21. Wonder if they would take Fontaine in exchange :pray:

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5991

Watch FGR this season too and that Oshodi at the back looks a class above, easily. Captain for the games I've seen and we should be looking at him.

One of Hockaday's ex Watford lads I think - should be playing in the football league, that fella!

Can you get a discounted ticket at FGR with a City season ticket? Might be a silly question, but thought it may have been mentioned already?!

I've been up to FGR a few times this season and have been impressed by Norwood, Turley & Oshodi. Keep an eye out for Raccine too.

For some reason Oshodi has been played as a defensive midfielder for a few games and it's not really his bag (though he's done ok).

Turley for me has been their stand-out defender. He's a good first ball winner, dangerous in the opposition box too, doesn't lump the ball when in possession, and if he has to hit it long, it's measured and accurate, rather than humped. He also does a lot of talking and organises their defence very well. He's just turned 23 and needs to be looking to play above the Conference now. From what I've seen he is capable.

He was also voted England C Player of the Year this season - which pretty much is a yardstick to say he's one of (if not the) best centre-halves in non league.

He signed a 2 year deal in 2011 so I understand he is out of contract in the summer.

If I had to choose one of them, I'd take Turley, but in all honesty, Oshodi & Turley will be a better centre back pairing than we've had for years!

Any idea how much a player such as Oshodi would cost us?

Seem to remember Vardy being bought by Leicester for 1mill and barely tore up any trees!

Well, had we been speaking to him in January he would have cost nothing as he was out of contract (so tribunal).

However, he signed a new 2.5 year deal in Jan, so still got 2 years left now.

No idea what he'd cost now - you could maybe test FGR's resolve with £100k?

Well, had we been speaking to him in January he would have cost nothing as he was out of contract (so tribunal).

However, he signed a new 2.5 year deal in Jan, so still got 2 years left now.

No idea what he'd cost now - you could maybe test FGR's resolve with £100k?

It would be peanuts whatever.

Bags of potential has Oshodi got but i agree with you, Turley is the man out of the two but they make a great partnership at CB. These are just the type of players BCFC should be targeting.

What do you think of Norwood Harry? another whose caught my eye at FGR. Would love to see us make a triple swoop on these. Young cheap hungry players who happen to be local. Chuck Marlon Pack in i would rather watch these lot give it a go in L1 than the over paid talentless wasters we currently have.

It would be peanuts whatever.

Bags of potential has Oshodi got but i agree with you, Turley is the man out of the two but they make a great partnership at CB. These are just the type of players BCFC should be targeting.

What do you think of Norwood Harry? another whose caught my eye at FGR. Would love to see us make a triple swoop on these. Young cheap hungry players who happen to be local. Chuck Marlon Pack in i would rather watch these lot give it a go in L1 than the over paid talentless wasters we currently have.

Yeah, Norwood has certainly got bags of ability and an eye for goal.

Shame he signed a long-term deal earlier this season so he'd command a bit more of a fee right now.

Scored an absolute screamer apparently, also almost scored one last match or the match before but hit the post. Plymouth fans have started to be raving about him!

Think he could do a job in league 1?

Yes ,the same fans who were slating him a couple weeks ago

Yes ,the same fans who were slating him a couple weeks ago

I read on their forums the fans slating him after the first game but since then its been all positive, so I think a couple of weeks ago is a bit wrong. My cousin is a season ticket holder at Plymouth and says he has been fantasic for them

Joe Bryan seems to be dominating at a league two level and its depressing to say that is probably the best goal by a Bristol City player this season......

Would like to see Booby Reid get a few more games hopefully!

I've mentioned in another thread that Reid has not done particularly well at Oldham. He certainly isn't in their first team and doesn't deserve to be. The Oldham fans don't want to keep him which speaks volumes.

I've mentioned in another thread that Reid has not done particularly well at Oldham. He certainly isn't in their first team and doesn't deserve to be. The Oldham fans don't want to keep him which speaks volumes.

Shame, did think he was loaned out to too high a level though, needs a season in league two I can't help feel.

Archived