IGNORED

Why The Big Witch Hunt?

ciderbeans

Totally agree there is lots of tripe spoken on here about SOD and the situation.All i would be intersted to know is what SOD really thinks of the current crop of players,i think he has elluded to this in basically saying we need to play long ball and sit off to get results.I cant wait to see what 18 starts next year i just hope its only 6or7(bar youngsters) of the current crop

The problem is that when you have a Board/Investment Partner that are loathe to take responsibility for the direction the club is currently heading then that makes it far easier for the less patient type of fan to get on the Manager's back. How many Manager's have to be sacked before people realise where the problems at the club ultimately originate from?

We must be one hell of an unlucky club to appoint Wilson, Tinnion, Johnson, Copout, Keef, McInnes and now O'Driscoll and for all of these Manager's to be completely to blame at some time or another!! And yet the bloke controlling the purse strings hasn't changed and seems to be faultless according to popular opinion.

I dare say its possible some of these threads are also being bolstered by posts from members who pretend to be City fans but in reality would **** themselves if they were anywhere near BS3 on a match day.

This.

This forum is rife with gas spies trying to stir it up by pretending to be disgruntled city fans. Whilst taking a break from draining their spuds off over their most recent demolition of the footballing giants of europe such as the daggers, afc wimbeldon or fleetwood.

The season cant end soon enough. Everyone needs a break for a few weeks. maybe this forum should to!

This.

This forum is rife with gas spies trying to stir it up by pretending to be disgruntled city fans. Whilst taking a break from draining their spuds off over their most recent demolition of the footballing giants of europe such as the daggers, afc wimbeldon or fleetwood.

The season cant end soon enough. Everyone needs a break for a few weeks. maybe this forum should to!

Most of the players started their break a few weeks ago.

I am going to be controversial

I am worried that SoD isnt 'clicking' with the Club in a sort of minor Coppellesque fashion

I am worried about the commitment of a rolling contract ( also Coppellesque )

I posted on here last December asking whether McInnes had moved his family to Bristol in June 2012 as he had promised - I was slagged off for asking the question and some responses said he had and they were living in Portishead - that was not true - so DM was flying home to Glasgow every Saturday night and coming back for training on Tuesday morning most weeks - a major reason why many squad members spent Saturday nights and some Sunday afternoons on the lash in Whiteladies Road ( I know because I saw them often )

This issue was key to DM's engagement and commitment to the job and i believe a factor in his eventual dismissal

I felt that when SoD joined it was a marriage of convenience :

For the Club : he was available / free / had Championship experience

For SoD - Club is not that far from his home base / good, sensible owner / low expectation levels because we were bottom of the table

I felt in January that when we get relegated ( and a better offer emerged ) he might leave

I can't help but think that if Wolves fired Dean Saunders - SoD is a lifelong Wolves fan ( born and bred ) and he would jump at the opportunity

I actually think SoD is a very good intelligent manager - he must be frustrated to hell that he had to put out the 'open letter' last week to explain his very well thought out and cerebral views on the game ........but with next seasons squad likely to be a mash up of youngsters , journeymen and 4 or 5 of the existing squad I doubt that he'll get us back up at the first attempt

I sort of feel like we need a GJ type of 'character' around the Club to achieve that sort of bounceback and SoD certainly is not that sort of character

So in a nutshell it wouldnt surprise me entirely if BCFC had a manager that is not SoD come August

I do however hope I'm wrong but since GJ's sacking there has been a sense of inevitable demise about the Club and at present that hasnt gone away

I am worried that SoD isnt 'clicking' with the Club in a sort of minor Coppellesque fashion

I posted on here last December asking whether McInnes had moved his family to Bristol in June 2012 as he had promised - I was slagged off for asking the question and some responses said he had and they were living in Portishead - that was not true - so DM was flying home to Glasgow every Saturday night and coming back for training on Tuesday morning most weeks - a major reason why many squad members spent Saturday nights and some Sunday afternoons on the lash in Whiteladies Road ( I know because I saw them often )

This issue was key to DM's engagement and commitment to the job and i believe a factor in his eventual dismissal

For SoD - Club is not that far from his home base / good, sensible owner / low expectation levels because we were bottom of the table

I felt in January that when we get relegated ( and a better offer emerged ) he might leave

I can't help but think that if Wolves fired Dean Saunders - SoD is a lifelong Wolves fan ( born and bred ) and he would jump at the opportunity

I actually think SoD is a very good intelligent manager - he must be frustrated to hell that he had to put out the 'open letter' last week to explain his very well thought out and cerebral views on the game ........but with next seasons squad likely to be a mash up of youngsters , journeymen and 4 or 5 of the existing squad I doubt that he'll get us back up at the first attempt

I sort of feel like we need a GJ type of 'character' around the Club to achieve that sort of bounceback and SoD certainly is not that sort of character

So in a nutshell it wouldnt surprise me entirely if BCFC had a manager that is not SoD come August

I do however hope I'm wrong but since GJ's sacking there has been a sense of inevitable demise about the Club and at present that hasnt gone away

I'm glad he doesn't 'click' with the club. The club is/was failing, the last thing we need is another manager doing the same thing as everyone esle. I want SOD to shake things up and totally rebuild this club. I think he will if we let him...

I'm glad he doesn't 'click' with the club. The club is/was failing, the last thing we need is another manager doing the same thing as everyone esle. I want SOD to shake things up and totally rebuild this club. I think he will if we let him...

Agree with this

I'm not saying SO'D is perfect but I'd rather we kept him and lost most of the current players for next season.

SoD stayed with Bournemouth after they were relegated, and got them back up via the play-offs the next year. He had long stays at both Bournemouth and Doncaster. Before joining us he turned down Barnsley, because it wasn't a good long term fit, and he would be crazy to contemplate Wolves. He is much more than a marriage of convenience - he was in close contention with DMc was appointed, and feels it is an even better fit now.

I will be gutted if he is not our manager in August, whatever division we are in.

SoD stayed with Bournemouth after they were relegated, and got them back up via the play-offs the next year. He had long stays at both Bournemouth and Doncaster. Before joining us he turned down Barnsley, because it wasn't a good long term fit, and he would be crazy to contemplate Wolves. He is much more than a marriage of convenience - he was in close contention with DMc was appointed, and feels it is an even better fit now.

I will be gutted if he is not our manager in August, whatever division we are in.

Totally agree

:clapping:

Right, I've really had enough of the sanctimonious bullshit Ive been reading on here. Anyone who dares to criticise Steve Lansdown is either given dogs abuse or accused of being a Gashead. Let me just say things as I see them, over the last three years we've been going backwards at a rapid rate of knots, firstly we've had the Steve Coppell saga, he's been slated by virtually all of us, myself included, he's never to my knowledge ever given his side of the story, I for one would love to hear his reasons. We've had Keith Millen and Derek McInnes since then, two inexperienced managers who would be more likely to put up with more than an experienced manager would, and now we're hearing rumours that SOD is unhappy. This looks to me like there's a serious a problem with the current board and even Steve Lansdown. If the club is going to cut the playing budget to such a low level that we'll struggle to compete in L1 next season then fine, if we're in for a really hard 2-3 years, I can cope with that, it's the sheer disorganisation that's I find hard to cope with. As for Ted Sheed commenting that some of the people criticising the club are Gas spy's who'd shit themselves being around BS3 on a match day I say this, I've missed one home game in the last 10 years (The Charlton game in November, I had to go to a christening, I was the Godfather!) and I'll be there once again Saturday. I know for the vast majority SL is beyond reproach, but for me more people need to ask some serious questions.

As for Ted Sheed commenting that some of the people criticising the club are Gas spy's who'd shit themselves being around BS3 on a match day I say this, I've missed one home game in the last 10 years (The Charlton game in November, I had to go to a christening, I was the Godfather!) and I'll be at there once again Saturday. I know for the vast majority SL is beyond reproach, but for me more people need to ask some serious questions.

Whoa there Punchy, I didn't say EVERYONE criticising SL are Gasheads, did I?

The problem is that when you have a Board/Investment Partner that are loathe to take responsibility for the direction the club is currently heading then that makes it far easier for the less patient type of fan to get on the Manager's back. How many Manager's have to be sacked before people realise where the problems at the club ultimately originate from?

We must be one hell of an unlucky club to appoint Wilson, Tinnion, Johnson, Copout, Keef, McInnes and now O'Driscoll and for all of these Manager's to be completely to blame at some time or another!! And yet the bloke controlling the purse strings hasn't changed and seems to be faultless according to popular opinion.

Unlucky is right. Nobody was clever enough to see we had a crap board and chairman when GJ took us up or led us out at Wembley. Nobody complained when Coppout took over or when we signed the current (at that time) England World Cup goalkeeper. Yet the bloke controlling the purse strings gets stick for getting us £45m in debt when the managers you quote throw wages at the likes of Jody Morris, Hunt, Foster etc etc

I hate social media with a passion. People should be tested for brain cells before their allowed to use it. All this vile crap about Thatcher proves that. Uneducated people + social media = disaster!

As for our pending relegation it's been coming for the past two years. I've not been surprised by it. The club is in a mess from top to bottom and for too long we have been throwing money at quick fixes but eventually that has been our undoing.

I personally have accepted our relegation. Sort of kept my mouth shut and looking forward to next season. Hopefully we can go down rebuild and come back stronger.

I sort of wish we had got someone in til the end of season on a caretaker basis and then appointed SOD. I feel sorry for him in that he is gonna be the guy who will be known for taking us down. If we get off to a bad start next season like City usually do then the pressure is really gonna be on him. Poor guy.

Because people are stupid. There's really no other explanation. Some random on twitter gives a completely one sided story of a conversation that nobody can verify and the numpties are all upset. I really do worry for what the tabloids have done to the ability of people in this country to apply basic critical thinking.

Tabloids are only part of the 'story'. Football is its own worst enemy and effectively prints the news itself with no need for help from the sleaze end of the press. Take the multitude of foreign owners who, at first whiff of a fart heading their way, decide to sack their manager; the press require little help from their creative ladyboys to sell newsprint imagined or real.

Because people are stupid. There's really no other explanation. Some random on twitter gives a completely one sided story of a conversation that nobody can verify and the numpties are all upset. I really do worry for what the tabloids have done to the ability of people in this country to apply basic critical thinking.

Hi Nibs - interesting comment. Years ago when I was Rod12 and then Red to the World I posted the same with less eloquence and was of course pilloried for accusing my Sun reading fellow fans of being thick. Over the years this forum ( with some exceptions, you of course being one ) has proven me absolutely right, in spades !

Just goes to show that everything that goes around comes around, including our inevitable return to the lower tier. Never mind, some idiot will pop up with the usual optimistic " we can still do it " rhetoric. Glad to read the forum these days but almost never post for the very reason you state but nice to be in touch with you again - I am 70 this year and still buying my ST - will I never learn !!

This.

No mole could possibly be as ignorant and offensive as your red-until-dead thick-as-pigshit supporter. A mole has to build an image, your RUDTAPS doesn't feel the need.

It's not unique to OTIB - it applies to every fan's forum in the country, and probably on the planet :(

I blame *** ******* (insert name of player/manager/chairman/groundsman here) :grr:

I don’t agree with some of the comments that people who criticise SoD are stupid. I personally think that it’s a bit crazy to criticise SoD as he has inherited a no-win situation, but everyone has a right to their opinions, providing they are not offensive.

In a strange way I think it’s good that there is this discussion. At least it proves fans are still passionate about City. When debate stops that’s the point that City are doomed because supporters can’t be bothered any more.

So – you people who keep posting crazy things – keep it up!

The Big Witch Hunt!

Last week some said it was GJ's fault.

Pretty much any problem will have multiple causes to a greater or lesser extent

We are not going down because of SOD, and in my opinion he is the breath of fresh air we need, despite Divvy 3 footy being such a bitter pill to swallow.

We are going down because the players we have are not good enough in some cases, or not motivated enough in others and both in a few.

The guts have been wrenched from our club due to a number of poor decisions some bad luck with injuries and so many poor signings and not enough local/academy talent coming through.

I saw a graph on here that showed we had the worst buy/sell ratio's in our league and lets be honest none of us needed a graph to tell us this.

There was no way Coppell (knob) debacle could have been forecast, despite what the hindsight Quarter Backs on here said at the time.Millen did well in his stints as temporary manager and SL/the board thought he earned his shot and I think that was a perfectly sensible decision made at the time.

McInness came with no pedigree outside of St Johstone at high cost particularly when all his enterage were employed at the expense of the present coaching staff and that was pretty much the last straw...Despit catching a couple of breaks toward the end of last season, he seemed unable to find players who could make a real diference and did not strengthen the areas a blind man could tell we were poor CB and CM in particular.

McInness response to his sacking was to make statements identifying the club had made unsustainable demands on him and the team based upon our salary issues...Which resulted in Bikey going to Middlesborough and not being able to attract quality.........How much of this is true I dont know and outside of the club no one else does, but certainly our signings were poor and the treatment meeted out to Pitman was in some peoples eyes scandalous.

In Summary...GJ was fired as some players rebelled against his tactics to be followed by a manager that was as daft as brush to be followed by an appointment that didn't come off to be followed by a punt on an untried manager, while employing/signing mainly mediocre players and paying to much for failure.

Couple this with a novice board and Chairman, no Director of football and an off field soap opera regarding a new ground all added up to relegation and failure.

SOD will alter that mind set and SL/JL should learn from their mistakes and bring in an DoF as clearly our COACH wants one!....trouble is I dont see us bouncing back up unless the likes of Bryan and his new breed of mates are as good as we hope they could be.

Archived