IGNORED

Why The Big Witch Hunt?

ciderbeans

Why is everyone suddenly jumping on the bandwagon and calling for SOD's head after some apparent comments. He has by far been the best manager/coach we've had in a while and will take us places with time. Even if he had said something out of term, we've probably all said exactly the same. We know our fate so rather than pushing the club into ruin, get behind SOD and what he is trying to achieve with this club long term and get begin the club. Otherwise, go ad support another team. Please don't push SOD out of the club with silly chants and campaigns. It's not clever and won't do us any good

Why is everyone suddenly jumping on the bandwagon and calling for SOD's head after some apparent comments. He has by far been the best manager/coach we've had in a while and will take us places with time. Even if he had said something out of term, we've probably all said exactly the same. We know our fate so rather than pushing the club into ruin, get behind SOD and what he is trying to achieve with this club long term and get begin the club. Otherwise, go ad support another team. Please don't push SOD out of the club with silly chants and campaigns. It's not clever and won't do us any good

Because people are stupid. There's really no other explanation. Some random on twitter gives a completely one sided story of a conversation that nobody can verify and the numpties are all upset. I really do worry for what the tabloids have done to the ability of people in this country to apply basic critical thinking.

Because people are stupid. There's really no other explanation. Some random on twitter gives a completely one sided story of a conversation that nobody can verify and the numpties are all upset. I really do worry for what the tabloids have done to the ability of people in this country to apply basic critical thinking.

All very true. The trouble is that this sort of brainless drivel gathers momentum. It won't be long before the BEP run this story, doing their usual and grabbing quotes from this site. The club may feel the need to say something, SOD might start to feel insecure. Players he might sign would maybe think twice about joining. As a club, including many of its supporters, we have the appearance of being a basket case.

I've always enjoyed reading OTIB and occassionally posting, but the vitriol seems to be getting out of hand now is is very counter-productive, IMO.

I believe that the club make a contribution into funding this site. I can't imagine why - no other business I know would sponsor the bad publicity and bad feeling too often seen here.

I think it's important to remember that it isn't "everyone", just a small number of 'no brains'.

Nibor's post is on the money.

I think in order to try to calm everyone down that the board ought to make public the plan for next season when we are relegated. People are mental to be having a go at SOD. If we keep changing managers at the drop of a hat we get what we have always got! Make a plan, stick to it and things will come good in the long run. With FFP clubs will have to start making a long term view of things anyway.

Well said.

It's anger. Even though the majority of people resigned themselves to relegation a few weeks back , the reality is now biting.

Not sure , yet , that I agree with your statement that I've highlighted , and comments like that only add to the pressure being heaped on SOD to do well next season.

Let's just all let the guy get on with his job , give him the chance to build his own team , and see where we go from there.

Pretty much typical of some of our fans mate.

I'm glad you said "some".

I'd imagine the majority are in favour of seeing what SoD has in store for the team next season, but alas the majority of City fans don't use or feel the need to use OTIB.

Some people thrive on being negative and the more they can drag others into it the better they feel, whether the latest gossip is true or total bull doesn't matter as long as they can shout "I told you so".

The club has its problems we know that, but hammering the club on one sided stories and here say isn't going to help anyone.

Just look at Blackburn to see where you get by changing managers too often. I think SO'D is a better manager than Del but Del would have had the advantage of knowing where our weaknesses were during the transfer window, he made some good signings in the last January window, SO'D was appointed at an unfortunate time he really needed another month. I hope he stays with us next season, think he'll do a good job of rebuilding the team although next season will be problematic since it will be a transition from the existing side to the new (costing less) side. I reckon next season we'll be under a transfer embargo for much of it due to FFP so we mustn't expect too much - I'll be happy if we can be in the top half, then make a challenge the following season.

I am not calling for his head but in what respect is he the best manager we've had in a while when he was appointed there was still time to turn things around and Saturdays performance was even worse than some of the games under Mcinnes.

I am not calling for his head but in what respect is he the best manager we've had in a while when he was appointed there was still time to turn things around and Saturdays performance was even worse than some of the games under Mcinnes.

Is that true, though? If that pen had gone in, we could have had a point or maybe even three. I haven't see the highlights because I'm being bu99ered about by Virgin Media - AGAIN :grr:

Other than many City fans are angry and frustrated at the clubs plight and when some people are angry/frustrated they look for an outlet. That often manifests itself by looking for someone/thing to blame. Recently its been Steve Lansdown/the board, the players, McInnes in the past and now O'Driscoll who lets face it inherited a fragile situation when he took over.

Its just human nature unfortunately.

It should always be remembered, although at times I am guilty of forgetting it myself, that frequent posters on this forum make up a tiny percentage of City's support. The views expressed by some on this forum (and any forum of any team) in no way represent the fan base as whole.

It should always be remembered, although at times I am guilty of forgetting it myself, that frequent posters on this forum make up a tiny percentage of City's support. The views expressed by some on this forum (and any forum of any team) in no way represent the fan base as whole.

This,of all the city supporters I know only 1 or 2 have ever been on this site.

I think that the fans have to take a back seat and let O'Driscoll do his job next season. It would probably help if he said a lot LESS to the media because the impression I get is that the more he speaks the more he is annoying supporters with his comments. But that doesn't make him a bad football manager. I don't know how his conversation went with the basket case on Twitter but enaging a professional football manager after his team had just lost a game and had pretty much confirmed their relegation is asking for the sort of dialogue that at least one party regrets (the other doesn't because he's getting his fifteen minutes of "fame").

The people in all this that really need to step up to the plate and answer a few questions in my view are the BOARD and MAJOR SHAREHOLDER who both seem to have an undeserved status with many supporters of being beyond reproach.

What budget was O'Driscoll given to keep us up, if any?

Was O'Driscoll allowed to get loans in or is he working with the plug well and truly pulled?

What are the plans for next season and beyond? By that I mean the TRUTH not the rhetoric used to sell season tickets.

How do you plan to balance FFFP with success and sustainability on the pitch?

etc. etc.

Well said that man.

People are thick.

This club has been in the doldrums since before GJ left. Many many mistakes and problems have added up to relegation. To blame SOD who is doing his best to polish this turd is ridiculous. Clearly the guy is trying to install a different mindset at the club and yet people want him out because he doesn't do interviews like Holloway or Harry Redknapp.

I believe if we give the man 3 years (starting from the end of this season) he will put the club back on a solid foundation, but the fans and board have to buy into it and not call for his head after 10 games or whatever it is.

I don't see any 'real' bandwagon here whatsoever, just a few angry fans and probably a few gasheads along for the ride. Am I right in thinking that the twitter bollox is from a Nottingham based alleged BCFC fan?, if so probably the same guy who told us that DMC was correct not to play Anderson because he had seen him play 'many' times and he was shit, sort of forgetting DMC actually signed him.

I was happy with the appointment of SOD and that hasn't changed, the summer and up to christmas next season will be the acid test, although I personally fear the predicted and hoped for clear out might not be as comprehensive as many think and also fear that we will still have a few lumps of deadwood left over and taking the money, but obviously time will tell. My only criticisms are apparent lack of adventure away from home and lack of loan signings.

No witch hunt from me, but will give him the first 10 games next season to see if he has that bit extra to feel some pride coming back into the club.

10 games?? This manager should be given 2 seasons without a single question being asked from the fans, he has to rebuild not just a side but more or less an entire squad.

10 games?? This manager should be given 2 seasons without a single question being asked from the fans, he has to rebuild not just a side but more or less an entire squad.

I agree totally and I think the fans will accept this as long as they can see the 'kids' getting a fair crack of the whip and progress being made, but not if we fall back into our usual routine of signing overpaid journeymen/players deemed not good enough by teams on a similar level to us.

Archived