IGNORED

Table Since O'Driscoll Took Over

GrahamC

I thought I'd have a look and see what we have done comparatively since O'Driscoll replaced McInnes and it does make an interesting comparison.

Even with our desperate away form we've picked up 18 points from 15 games, which places us joint 13th (with Charlton) on games played since he took over.

The major reason that we haven't managed to get away from the bottom can be seen by the form of those around us when he arrived, as in games played since then Barnsley are 4th, Peterborough, Ipswich and Sheff Wed are all joint 7th in the form table, with only Huddersfield 18th of those around us at the time he took over.

Bottom three?

Middlesboro, Blackburn and Millwall, though in fairness to the latter they have played 3 games less than many others due to the FA Cup, Leicester are 21st.

Full table:

Watford 15 28

Bolton 14 27

Hull 14 25

Barnsley 13 24

Nottm F 14 23

Birmingham 14 23

Ipswich 14 22

Peterborough 14 22

Sheff Wed 13 22

Cardiff 13 22

Brighton 15 22

C Palace 14 19

Charlton 15 18

Bristol C 15 18

Blackpool 14 17

Wolves 14 16

Huddersfield 14 15

Burnley 14 15

Leeds U 14 14

Leicester 14 13

Millwall 12 11

Blackburn 14 11

Middlesboro 14 8

Wow, look at Barnsley Peterborough and Sheffield wed. Also Ipswich

Sad to say looks like we're only team who actually deserve to get relegated this year

Others giving it a right go

very true - btw, my memory fails me, what league position were we actually in when mcinnes was sacked?

24th, 6 points from safety with a game in hand. We had 22 points from 26 games. It's fair to say he left us well and truly in the shit!

Erghh that means that we are worse off now then? if we had wopn that then we would have been 3 points from safety compared with 8 points from safety and the teams around us have games in hand

Erghh that means that we are worse off now then? if we had wopn that then we would have been 3 points from safety compared with 8 points from safety and the teams around us have games in hand

Or of course it means that we have taken 18 points from 15 games under S'OD compared with just 22 from 26 under McInnes. Therefore these stats actually suggest that should we have stuck with McInnes we would be significantly worse off than we are even now!

S'OD points per game = 1.2.

McInnes points per game = 0.8.

12pts from our last 12 games and even worse, 4pts from our last 5 games is a poor return when were in such a precarious postion and I cant see any positives in that to be honest.

All this home form rubbish being spouted is wearing thin for me when you look at that return.

12pts from our last 12 games and even worse, 4pts from our last 5 games is a poor return when were in such a precarious postion and I cant see any positives in that to be honest.

All this home form rubbish being spouted is wearing thin for me when you look at that return.

So there's no justification in stating that we've won 5 and drawn 2 of our 7 home games under SOD? You've got to say that's some achievement with the poor team we've got.

The away form is abysmal, and I'm far from convinced by O'Driscoll's approach away from home, but you can't just dismiss the home form argument as rubbish.

I agree about our recent form though, 4 points from 5 games is not good for a team 'battling' (I use that term loosely) relegation.

So there's no justification in stating that we've won 5 and drawn 2 of our 7 home games under SOD? You've got to say that's some achievement with the poor team we've got.

The away form is abysmal, and I'm far from convinced by O'Driscoll's approach away from home, but you can't just dismiss the home form argument as rubbish.

I agree about our recent form though, 4 points from 5 games is not good for a team 'battling' (I use that term loosely) relegation.

Thats the point the team got a little better and then nose dived completely, which for me is a concern.

4pts over our last 5 games!! Even worse, 0 pts from our last 1 game!!! I AM OUTRAGED!!!

1. They are not players he signed, they are players he is stuck with.

2. At some stage in the season, almost EVERY team will have a spell of 5 - 10 games where they don't pick up too many points, even the teams at the top. The crap teams e.g - City, tend to have several of these spells.

If you are going to start judging O'Driscoll after a limited number of games, half a transfer window and 1 signing you'd think you could at least include all of his results, not just pick out the bad ones to suit your argument - unless of course you have taken a dislike to the bloke from the outset.

Oh, and considering our home form under McInnes, to have amassed 5 wins and 2 draws from 7 games isn't too bad.

4pts over our last 5 games!! Even worse, 0 pts from our last 1 game!!! I AM OUTRAGED!!!

1. They are not players he signed, they are players he is stuck with.

2. At some stage in the season, almost EVERY team will have a spell of 5 - 10 games where they don't pick up too many points, even the teams at the top. The crap teams e.g - City, tend to have several of these spells.

If you are going to start judging O'Driscoll after a limited number of games, half a transfer window and 1 signing you'd think you could at least include all of his results, not just pick out the bad ones to suit your argument - unless of course you have taken a dislike to the bloke from the outset.

Oh, and considering our home form under McInnes, to have amassed 5 wins and 2 draws from 7 games isn't too bad.

Im not judging Im giving facts !

If your happy with 4pts from 5 games, and poor perfomances, when battling relegation then thats fine.

Oh by the way Ive picked the last 12 games in our run up to the end of the season as well. If youd like me to pull all the results since SOD has taken over it wont make a jot of difference we still havent been good enough to stay in this division.

Stop clutching at straws.

17 points from 7 home games isn't rubbish its a fact!

It is also worth noting that in the two home games that we have drawn we could have easily won both.

Against Brighton I thought we were excellent and against Wednesday, although it wasn't great to watch, I thought we certainly had the better of the match.

It is also worth noting that in the two home games that we have drawn we could have easily won both.

Against Brighton I thought we were excellent and against Wednesday, although it wasn't great to watch, I thought we certainly had the better of the match.

And if 5 of my lottery numbers had come up this week Id be a millionaire ;)

And if 5 of my lottery numbers had come up this week Id be a millionaire ;)

In the knowledge that I may sound a bit too much like O'Driscoll by mentioning performances and results, I would say that it is worth looking at more than simply the points you have taken when assessing a manager.

My point is that is could quite easily have been 21 points from 21 in our home games. True we did get some luck in a couple of the home wins, but still, we deserves victory in both the Brighton and Wednesday games in my opinion.

On the same note, 1 point in our away games under SO'D is a fair reflection of the performances we have given and the balance of the games away from home. It should also be mentioned that we have been hugely flattered by the scorline in the last two away defeats and could easily have been on the end of Cricket scores in both of them.

The chaos that macginess created. Left sod with little chance of sorting it out in time! Despite the poor away form theirs no doubt that progress has been made! I think sometime around christmas will be a more appropriate time to start making a judgement on sod.

20 games in charge by the end of the season,plenty of time to give it a go and worse off than when he took over.

Not that I'm totally blaming him.

In the knowledge that I may sound a bit too much like O'Driscoll by mentioning performances and results, I would say that it is worth looking at more than simply the points you have taken when assessing a manager.

My point is that is could quite easily have been 21 points from 21 in our home games. True we did get some luck in a couple of the home wins, but still, we deserves victory in both the Brighton and Wednesday games in my opinion.

On the same note, 1 point in our away games under SO'D is a fair reflection of the performances we have given and the balance of the games away from home. It should also be mentioned that we have been hugely flattered by the scorline in the last two away defeats and could easily have been on the end of Cricket scores in both of them.

True and good arguement.

Can I ask you how if SOD had come in 5 or 8 games earlier than he did and we were still in this position would you still be happy ?

20 games in charge by the end of the season,plenty of time to give it a go and worse off than when he took over.

Not that I'm totally blaming him.

Im intrigued to see how fans will act if we loose the next 3 or 4 games playing poorly, it kind of makes the results vs performance argument redundant.

And then next season how many games, if we start poorly ?

Im not judging Im asking the question by the way.

Im not judging Im giving facts !

If your happy with 4pts from 5 games, and poor perfomances, when battling relegation then thats fine.

Oh by the way Ive picked the last 12 games in our run up to the end of the season as well. If youd like me to pull all the results since SOD has taken over it wont make a jot of difference we still havent been good enough to stay in this division.

Stop clutching at straws.

Im fully aware of that thanks but that is not down to O'Driscoll - We had 22 Points from 26 games under McInnes - is 0.84pts per game and were the only team in England not to have kept a clean sheet.

Since O'Driscoll came in we have averaged 1.2 pts a game, not setting the world alight I grant you but a clear improvement with crap players. We have also played one more away match than home matches which is where he has picked up all of his points.

Of course I'm not happy with 4 points from 5 games but that is irrelevant. It's over 46 games that matters, 26 of which were under McInnes and that is the main reason we are going down.

It's beginning to look like 54/55 points may be needed for Survival. For S'OD to keep us up we would have needed to amass 33 points in his 20 games in charge, that is 76 points over a season. Last season, 76 points would have you in 4th place. When you look at it like that, we never stood a chance.

Those are the facts, the full facts.

Archived