IGNORED

Table Since O'Driscoll Took Over

GrahamC

True and good arguement.

Can I ask you how if SOD had come in 5 or 8 games earlier than he did and we were still in this position would you still be happy ?

I wouldn't class myself anywhere near to being 'happy', but I had decided we would get relegated a long time before McInnes was sacked (Hull at home was the game I think I decided). I strongly wanted SO'D as manager in January (as I had after Johnson, Coppell and Millen) but I never truly believed we would stay up this season.

However I am quietly confident that he is someone that will strengthen us in the long run and end many of the ridiculous practices we have indulged in since losing to Hull at Wembley. This isn't to say I didn't want to stay up this season as it goes without saying that I very much did! But I remain as happy with our choice of manager (but obviously not with the league position) now as I was when he was appointed. I'm not suggesting he is 100% blameless or there is nothing that I would have done differently, but if blame is being shared around there are a fair few people in the queue in front of SO'D and like I said I remain quietly confident he will do a very good job for this club.

agreed, 100%. we give him all of next season, and depending on how the rebuilding goes over the summer, probably another one after that before you start asking serious questions, unless things go very wrong indeed

the rebuilding job will be tough, but if the board helps him out with it and we get a bit of luck in being able to sell players then i think promotion next year isn't too much to ask, and in fact as i've posted elsewhere i feel is a requirement, as long as there are no major setbacks this summer like not being able to offload enough players, which you can't really blame him for.

his away set up is suspect, and the points total definitely support that theory, his players or not his players, but for me it's too early to be really worried about that

Im fully aware of that thanks but that is not down to O'Driscoll - We had 22 Points from 26 games under McInnes - is 0.84pts per game and were the only team in England not to have kept a clean sheet.

Since O'Driscoll came in we have averaged 1.2 pts a game, not setting the world alight I grant you but a clear improvement with crap players. We have also played one more away match than home matches which is where he has picked up all of his points.

Of course I'm not happy with 4 points from 5 games but that is irrelevant. It's over 46 games that matters, 26 of which were under McInnes and that is the main reason we are going down.

It's beginning to look like 54/55 points may be needed for Survival. For S'OD to keep us up we would have needed to amass 33 points in his 20 games in charge, that is 76 points over a season. Last season, 76 points would have you in 4th place. When you look at it like that, we never stood a chance.

Those are the facts, the full facts.

So how many games for you Kibs next season if little changes ?

Im intrigued to see how fans will act if we loose the next 3 or 4 games playing poorly, it kind of makes the results vs performance argument redundant.

And then next season how many games, if we start poorly ?

Im not judging Im asking the question by the way.

Yes 20 games left bemmyred but imo macginess had left to much chaos lack of morale +dis organisation for sod to sort out. Not helpd at all by a rudderless board. Just my opinion though. What's done is done. Its the future that counts now!

I did say that I don't totally blame O'driscoll but remember, not very long ago we did actually climb out of the bottom 3,FACT.

So he does have to take a fair bit of responsibility for our inability to sustain our recovery.

agreed, 100%. we give him all of next season, and depending on how the rebuilding goes over the summer, probably another one after that before you start asking serious questions, unless things go very wrong indeed

the rebuilding job will be tough, but if the board helps him out with it and we get a bit of luck in being able to sell players then i think promotion next year isn't too much to ask, and in fact as i've posted elsewhere i feel is a requirement, as long as there are no major setbacks this summer like not being able to offload enough players, which you can't really blame him for.

his away set up is suspect, and the points total definitely support that theory, his players or not his players, but for me it's too early to be really worried about that

Define "very wrong", say our return continues as it has done for the last 12 games, still full season ?

I know its all "what ifs" but thats what the majority of the posts (including yours) are made up about our current form and the arguements for SOD.

So how many games for you Kibs next season if little changes ?

I'm of the same opinion as few posters above fella, minimum of next season and so long as it doesn't go drastically wrong I will be happy for him to continue. I've stated in another thread I would be content with a mid-table finish next season.

This summer could be our most important in a long long time, we will be losing alot of very senior players expect the big names to leave (Baldock, Davies, Adomah etc). We will be reliant on a few from the development squad and along with what will have to be very shrewd in the transfer market.

The club are/will be going through a major period of transition in the way that they do their business, it isn't going to happen overnight and I am prepared to accept that so long as they stick to their guns.

The chaos that macginess created. Left sod with little chance of sorting it out in time! Despite the poor away form theirs no doubt that progress has been made! I think sometime around christmas will be a more appropriate time to start making a judgement on sod.

I understand your point, but I have to disagree slightly with this

Had Mr O' Driscoll managed to coach his charges on how to play away from home, maybe, just maybe, we would have enjoyed a better return than our current

1 point from a possible 24 on our travels since his arrival.

Four goals in Eight games isn't good enough.................. And 75% of them were own goals !!

Since SOD came in our home form has been the best in the entire league!

Shame our away form has been by far the worst.

In any other season our home form alone since SOD took over would have been enough to keep us up. This really is a crazy, one-off, end to a season like no other. Looking forward to next season though with Sean at the helm.

Define "very wrong", say our return continues as it has done for the last 12 games, still full season ?

I know its all "what ifs" but thats what the majority of the posts (including yours) are made up about our current form and the arguements for SOD.

i would mean off field things - disciplinary issues, or unprofessionalism. if the communication with the board broke down, or some clashes occured with the fans etc. if our run continues for 12 games, lets say thats 4 home wins, 2 draws, 4 losses away and 2 draws, 16 points from 12 games would been ok start for me considering the 10-12 changes to the first team squad we'll have this summer

Archived