IGNORED

Stead

leadman

Whilst he has been integral for the last 10 games (before injury) or so, people are forgetting what a complete pony he has been the majority of the season. YES he has a great attitude and is a fans favourite, but its about time we stopped keeping hold of our old dead wood players and brought through the youth imho. Thanks Steady but time to move on.

hope he takes his cut in wages, should be offered a huge bonus if we get out first year, just a good player and a good man.

we need him to stay.

Offering huge bonuses to players is exactly what we should NOT be doing given the financial situation.

We don't NEED him to stay either, we were doing ok before he joined and we can do ok after he's gone!

I reckon Ryan Taylor will be fine in League One anyway.

If it's true that Stead is on £10k a week then the maths just don't work in League One where the most we're going to be able to offer him is £4/5k per week IF THAT.

Offering huge bonuses to players is exactly what we should NOT be doing given the financial situation.

We don't NEED him to stay either, we were doing shite before he joined and we will be ok after he's gone!

I reckon Ryan Taylor will be fine in League One anyway.

If it's true that Stead is on £10k a week then the maths just don't work in League One where the most we're going to be able to offer him is £4/5k per week IF THAT.

Completely agree, think he's a tad overrated because he works hard, and looks like he cares.

I mean, this is Jon stead who's been scoring 1 in 10 for over a decade..

Completely agree, think he's a tad overrated because he works hard, and looks like he cares.

I mean, this is Jon stead who's been scoring 1 in 10 for over a decade..

Harsh. He's scored 20 goals in 78 (17 as sub) appearances for us. That's better than 1 in 4.

But our 3 year investment on him has cost approx £1.5 million, not sure the above is great value for money...

Think he will stay and take a sizable drop in wages so long as he is offered a 2/3 year contract. He is settled in Bristol with a young family and loves the club and still has plenty to offer especially in div 3 plus SOD has nothing but good things to say about him.

Shoulden't be offered one though. We need to make long term decisions for the best of the club.

Whilst he has been integral for the last 10 games (before injury) or so, people are forgetting what a complete pony he has been the majority of the season. YES he has a great attitude and is a fans favourite, but its about time we stopped keeping hold of our old dead wood players and brought through the youth imho. Thanks Steady but time to move on.

Agree and mentioned this yesterday.

Suddenly came to life before his injury, but many blinkered fans dont look at the overall picture.

Shoulden't be offered one though. We need to make long term decisions for the best of the club.

bit unfair, stead's game isn't based on pace and he keeps himself in good shape. i think he could play at a decent level until 32 or 33 using his intelligence and technique. if the price is right i wouldn't mind a 2 year deal with a 3rd triggered if he plays more than 20 games in the 2nd year.

No new deal for Stead.

His goal record, his appearance record, and his consistency (even of effort) over a season do not stand up to scrutiny.

Imperative City stop giving new contracts to senior players with poor apps. record just because they are deemed to be popular amongst some fans.

No more Mr. Nice Guys - ugly, nasty b******* required to replace this dressing room of losers at BCFC next season, and all the OOC players should be dispensed with.

All our other senior strikers have contracts that run to next season or beyond, so with FFP looming no way should we think about offering him a deal at anything like what we're paying him now and I expect he'll get a better offer than we can afford from elsewhere.

Would love it if he stayed! Rate him highly, not just the fact of his work rate and the fact he shows that he cares about the club but the fact that he holds the ball up brilliantly and brings others into play and I think if we can hold onto him and Baldock next season, it'll be a quality partnership up front for league 1! P.S a lot of people are saying it doesn't matter that he puts in 100% etc but other players ie Davies last weekend apparently get slated when they don't show passion for the shirt and are lazy so it's good that someone actually cares!

Would love it if he stayed! Rate him highly, not just the fact of his work rate and the fact he shows that he cares about the club but the fact that he holds the ball up brilliantly and brings others into play and I think if we can hold onto him and Baldock next season, it'll be a quality partnership up front for league 1! P.S a lot of people are saying it doesn't matter that he puts in 100% etc but other players ie Davies last weekend apparently get slated when they don't show passion for the shirt and are lazy so it's good that someone actually cares!

For a big lad, he loses far too many headers..

Love how people are talking like we have the luxury of choosing whether or not players like Stead want to play for us next season!

We would be very lucky to have Stead at League One level in my opinion. Sure there would be plenty of bottom half Championship clubs happy to take him on.

Love how people are talking like we have the luxury of choosing whether or not players like Stead want to play for us next season!

We would be very lucky to have Stead at League One level in my opinion. Sure there would be plenty of bottom half Championship clubs happy to take him on.

Luxury of having a bunch of piss poor players on top money getting us relegated. 9/10 should be shown the door tomorrow as they are completely useless.

Luxury of having a bunch of piss poor players on top money getting us relegated. 9/10 should be shown the door tomorrow as they are completely useless.

Agree, but Stead is the 1 and not the 9, if you like.

Stead's work ethic and experience would be vital in League One. Who else have we got or will we get who would be more capable at that level? We certainly don't have anyone so that means getting someone else in, which will cost money.

Unfortunately you make the assumption the new will be better than the old. Our recent buying history suggests otherwise.

But we have SOD (and Keith Burt) in charge of recruitment now, not past managers. If SOD's signings turn out to be anything like Maloney then I don't think we've any reason to worry.

On another note, I try and make this point quite a bit, bar Morris, Pearson and Foster, McInnes' signing were actually pretty decent - it was what he did with them that wasn't (Heaton, Cunningham, Anderson, Kelly, Baldock, Davies).

Archived