IGNORED

Stead

leadman

But we have SOD (and Keith Burt) in charge of recruitment now, not past managers. If SOD's signings turn out to be anything like Maloney then I don't think we've any reason to worry.

On another note, I try and make this point quite a bit, bar Morris, Pearson and Foster, McInnes' signing were actually pretty decent - it was what he did with them that wasn't (Heaton, Cunningham, Anderson, Kelly, Baldock, Davies).

Totally agree mate. But lets be cautious about kicking all and sundry out the back door. Some of these players are league one standard so no need to drop the whole lot.

DMC signings were generally good it's the way he played (or didn't) play them that was annoying.

SOD isn't rebound for his transfer nouse like other gaffers so looking forward to see what kind of player he's into

Harsh. He's scored 20 goals in 78 (17 as sub) appearances for us. That's better than 1 in 4.

But our 3 year investment on him has cost approx £1.5 million, not sure the above is great value for money...

perhaps staying up last year,along with cisse and amougo?

Stead will be gone im sure. Its not just the pay, he will believe he has a couple of yrs left in the championship and i fully expect a few clubs to agree, especially on a free. if he was 33 then maybe i can see him just winding down his career here.

Baldock and Davies will also be tapping up their agents for a move. We will be lucky to get our money back on them 2. Prob £750 for baldock and £400k for davies. Both will make it clear they want out and the board will be happy to save on wages.

I like Stead a lot but I'd imagine that, even with a pay cut, he'd still be one of our biggest earners and I think we can't afford that. Plus I'd find it a bit depressing to offer a player who has given us all for us a major pay cut. And I suspect he could (deservedly) earn more than we can afford to offer him elsewhere. I'm grateful for what he's done here but I think moving on makes financial sense for both him and the club.

I'd attempted to read the whole thread but gave up when I looked to see how long it was...

imo, people state Wolves as our sentance date and I agree.

However, I also put it down to Stead's injury endured against Middlesboro that was incurred due to him running his ass into the ground for the course.

Think if a 'Player of the Season' award is to go ahead, he's in a minority group to merit it.

Stead will be gone im sure. Its not just the pay, he will believe he has a couple of yrs left in the championship and i fully expect a few clubs to agree, especially on a free. if he was 33 then maybe i can see him just winding down his career here.

Baldock and Davies will also be tapping up their agents for a move. We will be lucky to get our money back on them 2. Prob £750 for baldock and £400k for davies. Both will make it clear they want out and the board will be happy to save on wages.

I'm more than certain we can get more than £750 for Baldock!

I like Baldock and Davies, hope they stay and honestly don't mean what I'm about to say as a criticism but I'm not really sure what it is that either of them have shown this season that makes everyone think they're automatically going to seek/get moves to bigger clubs. Davies has had a decent season and is obviously a quality player but it's obviously from the nature of his move to us that he's had some personal issues and the right club and the right environment is important to him. I'm not sure he'll necessarily demand a move just because we've dropped a level.

Baldock has not really been able to do show what he can do this season. I think this is partly tactics/him not being given a fair crack of a whip because of how we've needed to play but he's still got a lot to prove. I think he can do that but I don't think massloads of clubs are going to be rushing in to sign him just yet.

hope he takes his cut in wages, should be offered a huge bonus if we get out first year, just a good player and a good man.

we need him to stay.

Over the last year or so, Steady has been having a house built back in yorkshire, think he'll be heading north

I like Stead a lot and he would be of undoubted quality in League One, but I really think we need to get a few players in who are capable of notching up 40+ appearances in a season. Our entire forward line seems to be full of players prone to injuries. Which, of any of them, recently put in a 40+ appearances shift?

Only Ryan Taylor as far as I can see,

Look at it from Stead’s point of view. Although not universally liked on the forum (which City player is?) I’m sure a few clubs will be keen to sign him. Perhaps not on his current salary, but certainly more than City could offer. Also, a move to a new club will give him a signing on fee. He’s a professional, and in just the same way as anyone with a job should try to get the best deal possible, so should he.

Archived