IGNORED

Wilson Sacked!

timothy bird

Strange timing

My eldest lad follows them, gets freebies off Matt Hill and says they were shocking last night.

Wilson has never really been accepted there and are stumbling over the final hurdle like last season. Many feel even a short term appointment of Chris Morgan, who always wore his heart on his sleeve is what's needed just to inject some passion into them to climb into the top 2.

I liked him at city ( until the play off final v brighton) we've certainly had worse managers! He's got a very mixed record though. Seems to have no problem getting jobs. Does relatively well. Then for whatever reason it goes pete tong! He was never a good fit their. Personal I hope they go up! Get them out of our way next season!

Where is the proof to support this?

Rumours on Twitter - that's all!

No surprise, a pitiful result last night and they've been going backwards in recent weeks.

As others have said with his track record who'd have backed him to win the playoffs anyway?

They are only six points off second with two games in hand, and that's with one win from their last six!

He's the first manager I can properly remembering us have. Just had a look, he had a win percentage of 47% with us (granted all at the top end of League One) - pretty good by most accounts.

He has had more failures than successes.

Failed at Sheffield Wednesday.

Failed with us.

Failed at Milton Keynes.

Failed at Swindon.

He was successful at Barnsley over 10 years ago, and a success at Hartlepool in the bottom division.

Depemds how you classify failure I suppose, I'd imagine his winning record with us, Swindon and The Blades is pretty good.

Depemds how you classify failure I suppose, I'd imagine his winning record with us, Swindon and The Blades is pretty good.

If you look at win percentages:

37% at Barnsley

29% at Sheffield Wednesday

47% at Bristol City

31% at MK Dons

44% at Hartlepool

36% at Swindon

By no means awful but ultimately he failed to get us out of League One with a good squad and good financial backing, excluding Barnsley his recent record shows one promotion from League Two and two relegations from League One. Playoff semis and finals are all well and good but ultimately he failed to win promotion with numerous teams.

If you look at win percentages:

37% at Barnsley

29% at Sheffield Wednesday

47% at Bristol City

31% at MK Dons

44% at Hartlepool

36% at Swindon

By no means awful but ultimately he failed to get us out of League One with a good squad and good financial backing, excluding Barnsley his recent record shows one promotion from League Two and two relegations from League One. Playoff semis and finals are all well and good but ultimately he failed to win promotion with numerous teams.

47% is pretty good I reckon ! But as you say he failed to get us over the threshold.

Archived