IGNORED

Ryan Taylor

Fuber

A grand total of 2 goals in 32 apps. + 15 subs. only proves one thing.

He's simply not a goalscorer and won't 'score for fun' at any level.

I can't see how he's ever made a career as a professional footballer as a forward - his attributes would be far better suited to centre back and I'd hope SO'D would try him out in that position in training if he remains at the club.

You're spot on , I simply can't see where people are getting the idea that he will be anything other than a head on a stick.

For the record , stats this season (albeit one disrupted by injury) are as follows

24 apps (8 as sub) , 1 goal , 4 shots on target.

Score for fun my ass !!!

He is dog shit. Any link to the decent run City had the start is purely coincidental.

A grand total for City of 2 goals in 32 apps. + 15 subs. only proves one thing.

He's simply not a goalscorer and won't 'score for fun' at any level.

I can't see how he's ever made a career as a professional footballer as a forward - his attributes would be far better suited to centre back and I'd hope SO'D would try him out in that position in training if he remains at the club.

Completely agree with these two statements. No chance will he ever score goals for fun, not at ANY level.

and the fact he got an absolute tone of assists upfront with Adam Le Fondre

How many ? Do you have any figures ?

Don't want to keep on slating the guy , as it's not really my style. However , I'm looking for people to prove to me he's going to come good. There are those that argue his lack of goals are irrelevant as he has so much more to his game , but , the figures don't add up. 1 goal this season , 2 assists , 4 shots on target.

Not convinced , sorry.

He is essentially a white, ginger version of Emile Heskey.

Nothing wrong with that, in fact he is better value than good old Emile...

spot on,

anyway if he's in contract I'd keep if he's out of contract I'd get rid, I wouldn't offer him a new one

Don't want to keep on slating the guy , as it's not really my style. However , I'm looking for people to prove to me he's going to come good. There are those that argue his lack of goals are irrelevant as he has so much more to his game , but , the figures don't add up. 1 goal this season , 2 assists , 4 shots on target.

Not convinced , sorry.

fair beans! I could only find figures on Rotherham's site from this season!

Not convinced , sorry.

Statistics don't ever tell the full story, especially with players like Taylor.

There's not a statistic for move starting contributions or 'assist-assists' which is why players like Cole also get a rough ride from stat mongers.

Either way, I like Taylor. I think he's a classy player who does the hard graft and is unselfish. That's the sort of player I'm a big fan of, no nonsense ball retention which helps the more accomplished finishers get in more goal scoring positions.

I'd imagine each striker we have would enjoy playing along side Tayls, much like most forwards who played with Emile say he was their favourite partner. Striking is about partnerships, movement, assists, ball retention and holding up play with your back to goal just as much as it is about goals which is the only thing missing from Ryan's game IMO.

All opinions though.

Statistics don't ever tell the full story, especially with players like Taylor.

There's not a statistic for move starting contributions or 'assist-assists' which is why players like Cole also get a rough ride from stat mongers.

Either way, I like Taylor. I think he's a classy player who does the hard graft and is unselfish. That's the sort of player I'm a big fan of, no nonsense ball retention which helps the more accomplished finishers get in more goal scoring positions.

I'd imagine each striker we have would enjoy playing along side Tayls, much like most forwards who played with Emile say he was their favourite partner. Striking is about partnerships, movement, assists, ball retention and holding up play with your back to goal just as much as it is about goals which is the only thing missing from Ryan's game IMO.

All opinions though.

He's a grafter , I'll give you that and at 24 hopefully there is a lot more to come from him.

Please tell me a player in recent BCFC history who "scored for fun".

Be very interested to know.

You've completely missed the point. Read a lot of the above posts and people are saying Taylor will score for fun in League One. I didn't say anything about City players who have done that, just that Taylor wouldn't.

Put him at Centre Back.

Archived