IGNORED

East End Cider Bar

Dave L

Some time ago we met with EE fans who said they would welcome the chance to have a cider before the game and at half time, and we promised we would look into it.

I'm pleased to be able to tell you that for the Bolton and Huddersfield games, a new kiosk will be in place selling Natch at £3 a can, in line with prices around the rest of the stadium. It will be against the wall, to the right of the burger van. It will be open from 1pm to kick off, and then again from about 3.30 until the end of half time. All drinks must be decanted into plastic glasses, and of course no-one will be allowed to take drinks into the stadium

A few facts to consider.

It has cost £530 to hire the unit for the two games. There was also the cost of getting a licence for that part of the ground, and extra staffing costs which also need to be taken into account, so we're really hoping that fans will back it. To a large extent, that has also dictated the price we have to sell at.

Fans asked for the bar, and we are more than happy to give it a go. If it's a success, which we hope it will be, then we'll be looking to continue it for next season. But if sales are low, and we lose money, then it will be more difficult to justify it for next season. We'll release full sales figures after the Huddersfield game to help explain any decision.

Support your local cider bar!

Good news, well done and thank you

Will the bar be open at half time as well as before the game?

I can see it being popular between 1.40 & 3pm

Those in the EE please support this ;)

It says from 3.30 to the end of half time

Good news and fair play for giving this a go. I would like to point out though Dave that you will be making a decision for future use on the back of two meaningless games at the end of another very poor season which has seen us all but relegated. I hope you take these factors into consideration before possibly condemning something that I am sure will prove to be a success when maybe a bit of optimism creeps back in and dare I say it, passion and entertainment on the pitch.

For now though, well done for trying.

This is a positive start but there is a few points to make.

Why are they being put into plastic cups? can't we just drink out of cans and then put them in the bin or hand them back? It is not like we are going to get in the east end with them anyway.

I hope they'll be served cold and not lukewarm like sometimes in the dolman.

I think fans who do not have season tickets will benefit from this due to not being allowed to go into the dolman. Will give them an opportunity to have a drink.

Let's hope it is not pissing down with rain on Saturday! Otherwise I'll go in the Dolman instead :P

I know why the price is what the price is but always puts me off how I can normally get a four pack of Natch for £4 or less. Captive audience and all that...

Same as in pubs though. Or same as buying a packet of crisp from a newsagent for 70p when you can pop to pound land and get 6 for £1.

Dave, is it just cider that will be sold? Can some cans of lager get sold aswell? Just seems that if its only side, your wiping out a large amount of people that don't drink cider.

I thought East Enders only drank cider ;- in fact I thought it was mandatory! ) I am sure we can arrange for other less apple based beverages to be provided.

Archived