IGNORED

East End Cider Bar

Dave L

Dave, is it just cider that will be sold? Can some cans of lager get sold aswell? Just seems that if its only side, your wiping out a large amount of people that don't drink cider.

What self-respecting Bristol City fan does not drink cider? ;)

Not too impressed with it after leaving about 5 mins before ht the steward said u can use the outside bar not the dolman, the bar was small but done its job which was fine. After we got our beer were told to move away it was pissing down so went to get a burger and stand under the cover- were quickly moved on by a steward and told to stand in the open when asked why he replied I duno it's a crap rule ain't it! As ht went hundreds of fans went into the dolman! Rant over think if the weather was ok would work really well

weather meant not many were outside the eastend anyway today. my thoughts were that too many people were waiting (in the rain) due to the drinks needing pouring into a cup - not sure why It can't be served in cans anyway, plus there were no bins to put empty cups so probably more to clear up off the floor after.

ultimately i think there needs to be some sort of rain cover to make it a success, nice to have a cider and a smoke tho

Not too impressed with it after leaving about 5 mins before ht the steward said u can use the outside bar not the dolman, the bar was small but done its job which was fine. After we got our beer were told to move away it was pissing down so went to get a burger and stand under the cover- were quickly moved on by a steward and told to stand in the open when asked why he replied I duno it's a crap rule ain't it! As ht went hundreds of fans went into the dolman! Rant over think if the weather was ok would work really well

Can Dave L comment on this? Sounds like pure Jobsworth to me :grr:

Can Dave L comment on this? Sounds like pure Jobsworth to me :grr:

Tbf he wasn't your average arrogant steward it was clear he didn't want to move us but had to as was following orders. Was annoying as could have gone in the nice dry dolman. But as I said in dry weather and a little more prepared can see it working well

Good idea in pronciple but ruined by the rain ! As above what sensible person would want to drink while getting soaked, perhaps the rules re drinking in the ground should be relaxed :whistle:

Need a change of the law for that unfortunately!! Be interesting to see how many was sold in light of the miserable conditions! Sure this could be a success next season if given the chance.

Need a change of the law for that unfortunately!! Be interesting to see how many was sold in light of the miserable conditions! Sure this could be a success next season if given the chance.

I hope the club persists with this, but I can envisage the suits looking at the figures and chopping it. After all, they wouldn't be aware of the rain, would they?

No, a gazebo or even an awning would be a great idea, if the club finances would run to it. After all, they must be making a bit at £3 a can...

We took about £250 today, which was pretty good considering the weather. The stewards are just doing their job when they ask

you to move, as it is against the law to drink in sight of the pitch. I'm glad that the stewards were reasonable in the way they asked you to move. We have made great strides in that respect recently. Hopefully we'll get some better weather against Huddersfield. Keep the feedback coming and hopefully we can continue to develop this for next season and see what else we can do to improve the facilities for you.

We took about £250 today, which was pretty good considering the weather. The stewards are just doing their job when they ask

you to move, as it is against the law to drink in sight of the pitch. I'm glad that the stewards were reasonable in the way they asked you to move. We have made great strides in that respect recently. Hopefully we'll get some better weather against Huddersfield. Keep the feedback coming and hopefully we can continue to develop this for next season and see what else we can do to improve the facilities for you.

Is it only football where that law applies ? Been to Glos CC, Somerset CC & Bristol Rugby where drink is certainly permitted.

Is it only football where that law applies ? Been to Glos CC, Somerset CC & Bristol Rugby where drink is certainly permitted.

It's all part of the fallout from the lies told by the South Yorkshire Police Scum and believed by Our Beloved Leader (deceased).

It only applies to football. We believe it's an unfair rule which discriminates against law abiding football fans and we are campaigning along with other clubs for a change in the law. Unfortunately as long as the law is in place we have no choice but to follow it.

It only applies to football. We believe it's an unfair rule which discriminates against law abiding football fans and we are campaigning along with other clubs for a change in the law. Unfortunately as long as the law is in place we have no choice but to follow it.

This law is an ass !

• Admin

Slightly off topic, but sure someone will know the answer.

Who is allowed to access the DEH at halftime, can people exit their stand and gain access from any stand at AG8?

Are there problems with these people returning to their original seat after HT?

Dave, can the club purchase a couple of cheap Gazebos to put in the space in front of the Bar, the good old British weather being like it is, people are not going to drink ice cold beverages in the pouring rain.

Oh! and can we have some decent bottled Ales and Lager obviously decanted into plastic cup.

Dave, can the club purchase a couple of cheap Gazebos to put in the space in front of the Bar, the good old British weather being like it is, people are not going to drink ice cold beverages in the pouring rain.

Oh! and can we have some decent bottled Ales and Lager obviously decanted into plastic cup.

These are all things we can look at for next season hopefully. We were very encouraged by the uptake on Saturday, so thanks for your support.

Just a reminder that the bar will not be open for tomorrow night's game - not through lack of effort on our part, but we couldn't get a licence unfortunately. It will be back for the Huddersfield game.

These are all things we can look at for next season hopefully. We were very encouraged by the uptake on Saturday, so thanks for your support.

Just a reminder that the bar will not be open for tomorrow night's game - not through lack of effort on our part, but we couldn't get a licence unfortunately. It will be back for the Huddersfield game.

That's a bit curious. I'm guessing this is due to fans wandering about in the dark with booze. Would that be right? Any chance of getting a license next season for evening games?

Archived