IGNORED

So Then , What Do We All Think?

glynriley

Given the number of controversial high profiles goals recently - e.g. Dortmund vs Malaga, 2 of the 5 goals were offside, I think it is far more important to get the decisions correct than continue with results being determined in many cases by incorrect decisions by ref and linesmen. OK, they get it right most of the time, but given the amount of $ at stake, it is inevitable technology will increase, with the goal line being the first of many over time. Rugby has it, cricket has it, tennis has it - it has not "destroyed" the enjoyment of the games - why not football? Could use a combination of Rugby - review when a goal is scored, and tennis - each team has say 2 reviews they can use during a match. If they lose the appeal they do not retain it to use again - if they win the appeal then they keep it. Either team captain can request the review to the ref, or the manager via the 4th official.

Because football crowds are generally not as tolerant as rugby or cricket !

Think its good. We have had it in Sweden in hockeygames some years and it works. It takes the ref only 1-2 min to look at the video. In icehockey everyone think its good.

The goaline tech in Ice hockey in NHL is almost instant.

I'm on about when he's scored, I've never really got why so many people wanted goal line technology, goals wrongly ruled out for offside is far more common.

That is up to the referee, this is only for if the ball crosses the line.

It's an improvement on what we currently have, I'm all for that!

The only way this technology is viable is if there's an instant goal alarm and if it doesn't sound there's no goal. We can't have video replay, challenges or review during the game, it would be awful from the point of view of the spectators, the players and the officials.

Perhaps the posts should light up if the ball crosses the line? ;)

Has nobody read about it? The aim is for the ref to wear a watch to which a 'goal' decision is sent to immediately after an incident. This will allow for the decision to be given within seconds of the incident. No video replays required.

I read this too. A lot of people on this thread discussing a non-issue!

Archived