IGNORED

So'd Predicts Busy Summer

petehinton

What have you heard LFC?

That we have already had queries about him from a number of Championship sides. May be rubbish, but the person who told me would have no need to lie and its hardly suprising. One thing for sure is, hes on a long contract so if we do sell, we are likely to get a very good price for him. I'd be stunned if he is in a City shirt next year, which of course i would welcome.

I do not believe Cunningham is shambolic.

Of course, i should of said central defence. I rate our fullbacks.

The message is clear and needs no further explanation

We all know we are as a club at a point that if we do not develop and adapt to the new world of football then it is not going to get better

The debts, player policy and what maybe we should expect in the formative years (could take seasons) have been addressed.

If not by or with SOD then it 'WILL HAVE TO BE DONE BY SOMEONE'

SOD is probably better equipped than many to do it (yes he may not) , but we all know we have to cut our cloth and maybe we should have done it years ago

The old formula just is not and was not tenable we have to get it right for any sustainable future and basically we ain't gonna like it at times (if at all)

If he fails then we can all turn on him just like we tend to do for every Manager (new one: Head Coach for him) at some point.

But we have tried almost everything else and that has been with mixed success over many years.

I think the Highs will come but we are really going to have to dig deep when we get the lows and we may get a few, but what is lower than a pensioner scoring 1 goal against us to keep us away from Division 1 (Premier League) and now this season relegation (probably).

Let the good-times roll and we have really got a gem of a erm Head Coach..... that really does have a grip on what we need to do and how difficult that may be short term.

We need to think long term on this however.

Don't get me wrong.....I don't love SOD but I really believe that he understands things as they now are (think he was ahead of the game on this)

We do need to stick with him and retain him because the thought of some of the mistakes that are out there in management...... scare me even more.

I really want him to be our next 'DICKS'...... but even then we turned on him in the end.

So prepare yourself for elation/disappointment and hope that he gets it right ....... Warning it may take some time so we are going to have to be patient (noun 1. the quality of being patient , as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like).

In some ways I'd be happy with a team built from the bottom up that could get a 1-0 result because we felt confident that we could defend that lead or a team built from the bottom up that we really believed we could come back from being 3-0 down at halftime.

Many of us would complain if we were a team that only ever won 1-0 but that often can be the team that goes up...... you only ever need 1 more than the opposition

We may well have to accept again the position of selling our stars...... but if we are strong enough to do that and it makes a chance for other talent to come through and makes a profit on the rising Stars when we sell them on ....... so be it.... it is the New Way (similar to the old way for us..... but there will always be a better offer for potential Star players that shine?)

I'd like nothing more than us bouncing back first time but in the long run we should look for no less than a stay of 10-Years as a Championship Team (Division 2) or go even higher before that if we can get all the pieces in place.

UP THE CITY!

And you know if not SOD then someone will have to put our master plan in place........ others may get there first but as long as we get there so much the better.

That we have already had queries about him from a number of Championship sides. May be rubbish, but the person who told me would have no need to lie and its hardly suprising. One thing for sure is, hes on a long contract so if we do sell, we are likely to get a very good price for him. I'd be stunned if he is in a City shirt next year, which of course i would welcome.

Of course, i should of said central defence. I rate our fullbacks.

Cheers mate. Comes as no surprise , SL said at Wolevs we had beaten off plenty of competition for his signature so I suppose it's inevitable they will be sniffing around again. Like you I'll be amzed if he's here next season.

Archived