IGNORED

Master Bates

JammyOne

Spot on. I was never a advocate of the big centre back myth in the champ. But Div 1 it will be a necessity. If we roll up with our current offerings we will be in trouble. That said if the defenders are good enough they should be able to drop off and pick off the 2nd ball. But our lot, well I certainly would not trust them to do that.

Yeah I agree TRL.

We will need a battering ram as it is a very physical league. Very few out and out footballing centre halfs in that league. Is Nyatanga out of contract then is he? Wasn't sure he was?

Yeah I agree TRL.

We will need a battering ram as it is a very physical league. Very few out and out footballing centre halfs in that league. Is Nyatanga out of contract then is he? Wasn't sure he was?

I think he is out of contract, not 100% sure on that though.

To be honest he is one of the few I would keep, I never thought he was the poor player many think he is. Prone to a few massive balls ups, granted, but on the whole not a bad defender imo. When out of form or with fans on his back, sometimes looks like rabbit in the headlights, but not even on par with a Fontaine low on confidence.

Either way I think he will be gone

I think he is out of contract, not 100% sure on that though.

To be honest he is one of the few I would keep, I never thought he was the poor player many think he is. Prone to a few massive balls ups, granted, but on the whole not a bad defender imo. When out of form or with fans on his back, sometimes looks like rabbit in the headlights, but not even on par with a Fontaine low on confidence.

Either way I think he will be gone

Pretty much my thoughts on Tango.

I was one of his biggest critics until the SoD reign. Never in a million years did I think I would say it, but I have seen a different and more confident look to him. He has looked a changed player under SoD.

Given his age he would be the only centre half I would keep. Still able to improve, young but has experience. To be fair he has been one of our most consistent players under SoD. It's a shame as it's all very well all these players leaving but we are hardly going to sign 11 world beaters come the summer. I think Nyatanga would look pretty good along side a battering ram type centre half in league one.

Pretty much my thoughts on Tango.

I was one of his biggest critics until the SoD reign. Never in a million years did I think I would say it, but I have seen a different and more confident look to him. He has looked a changed player under SoD.

Given his age he would be the only centre half I would keep. Still able to improve, young but has experience. To be fair he has been one of our most consistent players under SoD. It's a shame as it's all very well all these players leaving but we are hardly going to sign 11 world beaters come the summer. I think Nyatanga would look pretty good along side a battering ram type centre half in league one.

And to be fair to tango, when I have seen him against a big lump, I can't ever remember him being dominated,, he is not bad in the air, he is no left back, and I think that is where people define his defensive abilities, often utilised out there when it is not really hiss position..

One thing is for sure, he has more about him (from what I have seen) than Wilson ever will. both the same age, both Welsh, one gets picked for the national side theother doesn't, says it all really.

And to be fair to tango, when I have seen him against a big lump, I can't ever remember him being dominated,, he is not bad in the air, he is no left back, and I think that is where people define his defensive abilities, often utilised out there when it is not really hiss position..

One thing is for sure, he has more about him (from what I have seen) than Wilson ever will. both the same age, both Welsh, one gets picked for the national side theother doesn't, says it all really.

Yeah agree.

Wilson needs to go. I would love it if we could flog Fontaine and keep Tango. As you say, he's not actually that bad in the air either. I am more than happy for players to prove me wrong like he has. I do get fed up with the club/managers/fans persevering with the same old failures, but I think given his age and drastic improvement under SoD, Tango is an exception to the rule.

Yeah agree.

Wilson needs to go. I would love it if we could flog Fontaine and keep Tango. As you say, he's not actually that bad in the air either. I am more than happy for players to prove me wrong like he has. I do get fed up with the club/managers/fans persevering with the same old failures, but I think given his age and drastic improvement under SoD, Tango is an exception to the rule.

See post #32, Wilson "needs to go", who is going to sign him, then?

Or Fontaine for that matter?

If we have no takers for those two we cannot afford to pay them off under FFP (besides which it is economic madness), so they will be 2 of our 3 CBs next season.

If we keep Nyatanga that will mean no new CBs coming in...

See post #32, Wilson "needs to go", who is going to sign him, then?

Or Fontaine for that matter?

If we have no takers for those two we cannot afford to pay them off under FFP (besides which it is economic madness), so they will be 2 of our 3 CBs next season.

If we keep Nyatanga that will mean no new CBs coming in...

Oh believe me I am fully aware that there will not be many, if any takers for Fontaine and Wilson.

It just would be nice if we can shift them somehow and keep the better of the 3 in Nyatanga. The main problem we will have is shifting the deadwood. I don't see any clubs prepared to pay a fee for Wilson, Fontaine, Pearson, Foster, Kilkenny etc

That's the concern for me.

Archived