IGNORED

Why Do Some People Claim To Be Supporters?

Aizoon

When they clearly loathe and despise every player that has played, is playing and will play for the club.

Strikes me they'd be better off finding something to do on Saturdays that they do like...

Whoa, that's deep. And quite a lot of players.

I support the Club. That does not mean I should blindly love a majority of the players who in all likelihood will be gone within a few transfer windows.

Cardiff supporters can absolutely support the club but loath the Malaysians.

Football clubs are at any time represented by a few, but those few are not nor will they ever be bigger than the club.

When they clearly loathe and despise every player that has played, is playing and will play for the club.

Strikes me they'd be better off finding something to do on Saturdays that they do like...

I dislike a vast majority of our current squad as I believe a fair few of them do not give a toss about the club or us, the fans. I genuinely believe all they care about is themselves and their lavish life style.

I will reserve my support for players I feel deserve it

I support the Club. That does not mean I should blindly love a majority of the players who in all likelihood will be gone within a few transfer windows.

Cardiff supporters can absolutely support the club but loath the Malaysians.

Football clubs are at any time represented by a few, but those few are not nor will they ever be bigger than the club.

I agree with that, but you know perfectly well that there are self-styled "supporters" here who can't live their sad little lives without a hate figure or several.

If the entire squad was miraculously replaced with the best of Man Ure and Barca, they would still find a target. Probably complaining about Messi's defensive failings or De Gea's poor scoring record.

At the end if the day we support bristol city no matter what!! For me I hate the fact some fans do not sing through thick and thin bit they allowed to slate us for pour play. I personally think we are there to push them on like if we were at the park with our kids. But some fans think getting on there back or not supporting shows them were unhappy.

Yeah let's blindly support people who don't deserve it

Well what worries me is that if I'm reading the original post correctly , I have to show support for players that died before I was born. And I'm quite old. Does youtube go back to 1897 so I can make my mind up?

I dislike a vast majority of our current squad as I believe a fair few of them do not give a toss about the club or us, the fans. I genuinely believe all they care about is themselves and their lavish life style.

I will reserve my support for players I feel deserve it

This x1000

Absolutely spot on.

I agree completely Aizoon. I don't always sing, or make every match, agree with every tactic but if I 'supported' the club like some do, I'd pack up and go somewhere else.

Well what worries me is that if I'm reading the original post correctly , I have to show support for players that died before I was born. And I'm quite old. Does youtube go back to 1897 so I can make my mind up?

You aren't. I'm not demanding that you show support for anyone, let alone Billy Wedlock and his team. What does get up my nose is the personal abuse handed out from a position of supreme ignorance to players past, present and future.

Want to troll through the archives to see if someone's dissed Billy Wedlock here? No, neither do I. But I bet, from first principles, that somebody has ;)

If we play with heart and passion and end up losing 4-0, i will be happy, thats all you can ask. Supporting the club & supporting players who simply don't want to be here, and wont be next season are two different things. I will alway support the club, by coming to games and paying the entrance fees, and i will decide when i want to support the players, if they deserve support then thats what they will get, if they deserve critisism for not pulling their weight then they will get that too! if you just went around supporting everything, even if you know that what your supporing is against your morals and principals then you'll be a pretty incomplete person and isn't a trait i would want to inherit!

The club & its history will always be in my heart, people working FOR the club, have to earn that place.

blindly support? No we know their shit but if you're not there to support them then why are you even there?

You go with the intention to support, and in most cases do support, by this i mean cheer them on, as you support the 'club' every time you pay entrance fees etc, its when they decide that playing for Bristol City Football Club isn't enough and they can't be bothered to get through 90 minutes of football in a city shirt, so don't put in the effort that we, the fans deserve! this for me is not to be cheered and supported. For example, you can 'support' a thief, but he'll still rob you behind your back!

Have i made myself clear, so i don't have to keep repeating myself for anyone who may not understand where i am coming from...?

I agree completely Aizoon. I don't always sing, or make every match, agree with every tactic but if I 'supported' the club like some do, I'd pack up and go somewhere else.

If your wife / girlfriend kept cheating on you....would you still stay with her?

Same with this group of players. These sluts have had enough chances, time for them to move out

You go with the intention to support, and in most cases do support, by this i mean cheer them on, as you support the 'club' every time you pay entrance fees etc, its when they decide that playing for Bristol City Football Club isn't enough and they can't be bothered to get through 90 minutes of football in a city shirt, so don't put in the effort that we, the fans deserve! this for me is not to be cheered and supported. For example, you can 'support' a thief, but he'll still rob you behind your back!

Have i made myself clear, so i don't have to keep repeating myself for anyone who may not understand where i am coming from...?

Which justifies describing one of our players as a "snake", right?

I go down and support the club like I've done for the last 18 years or so, but when I see the likes of Fontaine & Pearson that call themselves "pro footballers" and can't even do the basics right I stand there thinking at soon to be 28 there is hope for me yet in making a career in football and I'll would do it for half the weekly wage.

Recall the youngster and start playing them the last few games

You aren't. I'm not demanding that you show support for anyone, let alone Billy Wedlock and his team. What does get up my nose is the personal abuse handed out from a position of supreme ignorance to players past, present and future.

Want to troll through the archives to see if someone's dissed Billy Wedlock here? No, neither do I. But I bet, from first principles, that somebody has ;)

He could heve been a much better player if he'd paid more attention to his weight. Get a few pounds off , you lardass.

Archived