IGNORED

Why Do Some People Claim To Be Supporters?

Aizoon

blindly support? No we know their shit but if you're not there to support them then why are you even there?

I support them when I'm there but at £30 a time, that's not very often these days. Due to financial restrictions, I pick and choose my games and while we're playing as badly as we are, they're few and far between at the moment

Yeah let's blindly support people who don't deserve it

Ummm, yes, that is why we are 'supporters'.

Otherwise, we would only be supporting in the promotion/Wembley seasons.

Many of the 'supporters' on here threw in the towel around Christmastime and are queuing up to say "I told you so" on Tuesday night.

Others are saying they will not renew their season tickets, still others wil "not return until X, Y or Z have gone",

However, if we were to get into next Year's playoff final, we would fing 50,000 city 'supporters' after tickets.

Supporters support through thick and thin, it is crap right now but you give your support, even when it is not deserved ( because that is usually when it is most needed).

I supported us in the old 1st division away at Old Trafford, and I supported us at Grimsby four years later in Div 4 after the successive relegations, it's what we do supporters support, even when things are going bad.

Funny how so many see players who don't give a toss, I see players with shot confidence and fear. If it is that they don't give a toss, hurling abuse might work, if it is shot confidence then we know why we didn't survive.

And what makes you a supporter? Clapping failure and spending your life on OTIB forum?

Be careful BristolCity? - you are questioning the OTIB opinion gatekeepers... The herd that is Aizoon TrueBrit and iWurzel will berate you for having the temerity to disagree with them. Witness their bullying as they find comfort in their collective responses...

Not an individual amongst them...

Be fair we are bottom of the league , can hardly blame fans for losing a bit of faith with some players

I agree with you about losing faith with players

But to me at the moment what ever the Club/SL/ players/managers do it wrong and they are getting slatted for it.

Everything is a negative at present

What ever happens in the summer (players in/out) the fans need to start next season getting behind the team and the club

Players play better when they have support FACT

Be careful BristolCity? - you are questioning the OTIB opinion gatekeepers... The herd that is Aizoon TrueBrit and iWurzel will berate you for having the temerity to disagree with them. Witness their bullying as they find comfort in their collective responses...

Not an individual amongst them...

Utter rowlocks, as you would realise if you actually read the posts on this topic. I am in a minority here, which doesn't make me wrong or (as you would seem to believe), right.

I agree with you about losing faith with players

But to me at the moment what ever the Club/SL/ players/managers do it wrong and they are getting slatted for it.

Everything is a negative at present

What ever happens in the summer (players in/out) the fans need to start next season getting behind the team and the club

Players play better when they have support FACT

No, they really do! (Sorry, I have a thing about "FACT" ;) ).

You're quite right, though. One of the things SOD is desperately trying to do is to build confidence - booing is hardly going to help that, is it?

No, but if I refuse to get behind her, could I blame her for cheating?

All depends - does she want you behind her?

Seriously, loyalty cuts both ways. This has been a dreadful season and a dreadful three years, with managers who don't know their Arsenal from their Albion. In some ways the fleeting hope we got from SOD made it worse; the defeat at Wolves after we seemed to be out of the mire gutted us all.

Nonetheless, this is the time to get behind SOD and the players as the club rebuilds. I confidently predict that there will be cries of "SOD off" before Christmas, if we're not in the top seven. What am I saying? The usual suspects are already saying so :(

I realise that "snake" is already taken - perhaps we should start the "SOD is a warthog" thread now?

Ummm, yes, that is why we are 'supporters'.

Otherwise, we would only be supporting in the promotion/Wembley seasons.

Many of the 'supporters' on here threw in the towel around Christmastime and are queuing up to say "I told you so" on Tuesday night.

Others are saying they will not renew their season tickets, still others wil "not return until X, Y or Z have gone",

However, if we were to get into next Year's playoff final, we would fing 50,000 city 'supporters' after tickets.

Supporters support through thick and thin, it is crap right now but you give your support, even when it is not deserved ( because that is usually when it is most needed).

I supported us in the old 1st division away at Old Trafford, and I supported us at Grimsby four years later in Div 4 after the successive relegations, it's what we do supporters support, even when things are going bad.

Funny how so many see players who don't give a toss, I see players with shot confidence and fear. If it is that they don't give a toss, hurling abuse might work, if it is shot confidence then we know why we didn't survive.

Shot confidence and fear? do me a favour, thats just a football myth, they have nothing to be afraid of, if playing football for a living, working 4 days a week and getting paid thousands of pounds for it strikes fear into them then i'd love to see little old Pearson in Afganastan... going to war, fighting for your country and knowing you could be coming home in a body bag is fear, not poncing around on a piece of grass for 90 minutes and getting paid more in a week than a soldier earns in a year... poor little soles, i feel for them.... ******* mutants.

Shot confidence and fear? do me a favour, thats just a football myth, they have nothing to be afraid of, if playing football for a living, working 4 days a week and getting paid thousands of pounds for it strikes fear into them then i'd love to see little old Pearson in Afganastan... going to war, fighting for your country and knowing you could be coming home in a body bag is fear, not poncing around on a piece of grass for 90 minutes and getting paid more in a week than a soldier earns in a year... poor little soles, i feel for them.... ******* mutants.

I'm guessing you're not a footballer yourself? if the crowd is constantly getting on you back your going to play worse and lose confidence. If their job is so easy why aren't you a professional footballer?

Archived