IGNORED

Patience Next Year...please

Next season may not be the glorious return to the 2nd tier that many on here expect/demand. With so many players out of contract or look set to leave for a fee, next seasons playing squad will be very different to this seasons. Great you may say, but history shows that this has its problems.

Next season expect a slow start. As new players blood together and get to know each other, results will not flow. Inconsistency will fraught our season, so mid table could be our home for much of it.

Our squad may not be totally adequate either. If most contacts expire, and our better players are sold, we could need over 10 new faces potentially. We must be forgiving if 1 or 2 positions are filled by poorer players because 10 new faces is a lot of work to bring in, though I trust SOD will get a few gems.

We're not chucking money at it, so new players will be well scouted and sourced at a good price. I don't want to see another 'million' player till we are either a prem side or inflation goes mental. But because of this, new players will take time to be found in all positions.

If we finish mid table next season, I will be happy, 15th or above may seen unambitious but we can't fall into the 'we deserve better than this' trap. We're in League 1 for a reason, and you don't get promoted because you are one of the bigger clubs. SOD has a plan, but with the major upheaval job he has been assigned with, please give him time and patience. Obviously we want to aim high, but if next season is not the demolition of league 1 you expected, don't panic. Be patient please

I would agree

But there have been calls for patience for 3 or 4 seasons, fans can only have so much patience.

This is going to be a total rebuild, so patience will be needed, I can't see it being given, and rightly so, we have been given so many broken promises in the past, much of the goodwill has now gone.

I would agree

But there have been calls for patience for 3 or 4 seasons, fans can only have so much patience.

This is going to be a total rebuild, so patience will be needed, I can't see it being given, and rightly so, we have been given so many broken promises in the past, much of the goodwill has now gone.

Depressing but probably true. It's a lot easier if you look at it from a fifty-year perspective, but imagine how it looks to a young'un who's supported City for the last five years. From the edge of the Prem to the Third Division and appalling performances to boot :(

Depressing but probably true. It's a lot easier if you look at it from a fifty-year perspective, but imagine how it looks to a young'un who's supported City for the last five years. From the edge of the Prem to the Third Division and appalling performances to boot :(

To be honest, this relegation has really not meant a whole lot to me. Seen it al before, I think over time you desensitise to it. I see it as a chance to have a go at promotion again. Lets hope we get a good start next season.

Oh God...... for all their sakes don't times tell em that these recent times might have been the 'Good Times' for us.

From my 21 year old eyes, it doesn't look great but realise that it will take time to sort this mess out, however, like TRL said, patience is running thin big time!

I would agree

It'll be interesting to see how many fans turn up next season.

Obviously there is a hard core that will turn up every game...but i can't help feel that this Club has done nothing but shoot itself in the foot when it comes to Club/fan relationship.

Since that 'Hull game'... we've made mistake after mistake.

I hear more and more comments from people who have said how bad the Club is run. Some really shocking for a Professional Club.

We've got by on SL pouring money into the Club...by no other means imho.

Think we'll have a big shock next season tbh...

It'll be interesting to see how many fans turn up next season.

Obviously there is a hard core that will turn up every game...but i can't help feel that this Club has done nothing but shoot itself in the foot when it comes to Club/fan relationship.

Since that 'Hull game'... we've made mistake after mistake.

I hear more and more comments from people who have said how bad the Club is run. Some really shocking for a Professional Club.

We've got by on SL pouring money into the Club...by no other means imho.

Think we'll have a big shock next season tbh...

Yep, next season is huge.

I know several people outside the club who have had dealing at various areas that have laughed at the current setup down there saying it is setup for failure, and someone who was at the club saying similar. The common them is along the lines of "Its like a school playground down there" And that wasn't just a comment on the age of people!

lets hope the current incumbents in charge down there prove them all wrong. Because on hearsay and on paper, it all looks like it is on course for an epic failure.

That said, it seems they have started to listen and are now trying to engage with their public, which I do give a thumbs up to. And the current manager is coming out giving use proper information not the usual media school soundbites which we have had from all past managers. So there is a 2nd thumbs up from me in one paragraph!

Maybe the tide is slowly turning. But they do have a huge amount of ground to make up, they have made a start

depends on who we keep really, if keep players like Davies and Baldock there is no way we should finish mid table.

You say that, all depends if their mum keep sending them in with their sicknotes.

They are not much use when unavailable!

Archived