IGNORED

Who Will Be Leaving Us, Then?

SecretSam

So it looks like we're doomed, I know it seems daft but I had a horrible feeling from the start of the season, and I really don't think the kit helped (psychology 'n' that).

Anyway, who's going to depart our shores, and who can we realistically expect us to be after (if anyone)?

So it looks like we're doomed, I know it seems daft but I had a horrible feeling from the start of the season, and I really don't think the kit helped (psychology 'n' that).

Anyway, who's going to depart our shores, and who can we realistically expect us to be after (if anyone)?

:10_1_108:

I think we could be disappointed, as many fans are suggesting that we will lose deadwood players, and SOD will rebuild around players like Davies, Baldock, Maloney, Cunningham, Anderson.

I have a feeling we will lose a number of players we would want to keep because they will not want to play in league 1 and will get better offers elsewhere.

ALL those out of contract, albert, killkenny, fointaine (hopefully, although i cant see who else in their right mind would have him) , elliot (although he has been one of the most consistent performers since sod, part of the problem imo), i expect davies to attract attention having scored 13 league goals this year, maybe baldock, i can see us keeping cunningham and maloney. Basically im hoping for a new midfield (with reid given a chance) plus anderson, 2 new centre backs, and depending on who goes one more striker, with us having burns, krans, taylor and possibly baldock or davies.

Yep, lets blame Scotty for relegation??! :dunno:

Surely (and it pains me to say this) Carey will go? Great servant to our club but too much on the wages bill for L1?

I have a feeling we will lose a number of players we would want to keep because they will not want to play in league 1 and will get better offers elsewhere.

Still have to meet our valuation to buy them off us. I can only see Adomah going for a fee, perhaps Davies too.

Does anyone have a definitive list of those player out of contract this summer? Having that essential information might give us clue.....

I don't think anyone has, I mean if only we had a list, a really long one that left us with maybe a good spine of players?

I don't think anyone has, I mean if only we had a list, a really long one that left us with maybe a good spine of players?

I know a few first team squad that are. Skuse, Stead, Heaton, Gerkin and Nyantanga. Can't think who the other 7 are.

Still have to meet our valuation to buy them off us. I can only see Adomah going for a fee, perhaps Davies too.

While I don't expect us to let players go for peanuts , I don't think we are going to be in a position to hold out for our price , especially if the player expresses a preference to leave.

So the following are OOC;

Wilson j - Release

Wilson m - Release

Carey - Retain on pay as you play as cover in League 1

Howard - Release

Elliott - Release

Bates - Release

Skuse - Release

Stead - Offer a deal on reduced terms

Heaton - Offer a deal without a doubt, though expect he'll be snapped up by a Championship club

Gerkin - Release

Nyantanga. - Release

Amadi-Holloway - Release

Well, that's what I'd do. I wouldn't be surprised to see every single one of them leave though.

Well, that's what I'd do. I wouldn't be surprised to see every single one of them leave though.

I respect what Carey's done in his City career, but if we have to do what you suggest it will be a clear sign that we've failed to find players we desperately need and haven't managed to secure since we got promoted, a decent centre half being the prime example.

As to the others, we haven't a chance in hell of retaining Stead's services, much as I'd like us to, and if Skuse reads the totally disproportionate criticism that's appeared on here all season, you won't need to release him - he'll go of his own accord and there'll be plenty of clubs who'll be glad to have him. He's a decent player at this level and certainly better than he's generally given credit for.

The rest I wouldn't argue with.

That's a long list!

Wilson j

Wilson m

Carey

Howard

Elliott

Bates

Skuse

Stead

Heaton

Gerkin

Nyantanga.

Amadi-Holloway

I'd keep Gerken, Stead (both on less money), Wilson Jnr and A-H if he's any good.

Rest can go

Sell Albert, and anyone else that we get decent offers for and start again.

Sigh

Still, I'm assured by the club that next season's kit has NO BLACK :D

Wilson j

Wilson m

Carey

Howard

Elliott

Bates

Skuse

Stead

Heaton

Gerkin

Nyantanga.

Amadi-Holloway

Of that list, I'd like to keep Heaton and Stead but reckon they could both get better deals elsewhere. I'd be happy to keep Gerken but suspect he might base his decision on whether he'd get first-team football next season. I'd also be happy to keep Nyatanga but accept I'm probably in a minority of one on that one - I think he has improved in recent months and if SOD can keep the errors out of his game he's a decent player.

Of the rest, Skuse and Elliott work harder than they sometimes get credit for but both have got stale here. I can actually see both of them doing okay elsewhere but I think it's in their best interests and ours to move them on.

Amadi-Holloway, Bates and Howard haven't really had a huge chance to show what they can do in the first team but SOD sees them in training so I wonder if there's a reason for that. I think if James Wilson was going to kick on and be a key player for this he would have done so I'd not be sorry to see him moved on either. Mark Wilson's not really shown anything here so should probably go. I suspect it's Carey's time too.

I'd keep Stead (on less money)

Wouldn't we all, like a shot, given half a chance? But with all due respect, Sam, do you really think JS will opt to stay here and play at a lower level for less money? When fit, available and selected, he's been one of our most effective, hard-working players and one of the few who doesn't let his head drop when things go wrong. I expect to see a number of clubs lining up to sign him, with Huddersfield being likely candidates, if they can afford his wages, which we certainly won't be able to do.

Have to pin your hopes on Ryan Taylor for the orthodox centre forward role next season, I'm afraid - though personally, I'm not dismayed by that prospect: I think Taylor has it in him to do well at L1 level, even if many would disagree.

Archived